Logos that have nicknames

BBTV

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong, but i distincly remeber people reffering to the Bruins bear-head secondary logo from 1995-2007 known as "Boo-Boo" because of his lack of fierce-ness and percieved cuteness...

26.gif

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I vote for Bubbles as well. The name was coined by WDFN Detroit Lions postgame show host Art Regner during one of his locally famous postgame tirades. I can't remember the conversation in great detail, but he noted that the Lions were as intimidating as the Powerpuff Girls, and named the Lions logo after one of them. The only problem is that because of the relatively small size of that audience, the word around the logo's "nickname" spread really slowly.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Seconding or Thirding the Canucks' "Flying Skate".

Flying Skate :winner:

Literal-description wing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there a uniform wing? If so, I nominate one that someone may have mentioned earlier:

Rainbow Guts

I know that isn't a logo, but it seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the Hall (and it's rather fluid selection criteria :P )

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I could be wrong, but i distincly remeber people reffering to the Bruins bear-head secondary logo from 1995-2007 known as "Boo-Boo" because of his lack of fierce-ness and percieved cuteness...

26.gif

I had always thought they called it the Pooh Bear logo, especially when worn with those yellow unis...

2878815450100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

26.gif

I had always thought they called it the Pooh Bear logo, especially when worn with those yellow unis...

2878815450100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Never heard "Boo boo" - only Winnie (Pooh.) This will likely be in the NHL 3rd wing, along with Burger King once I get around to organizing and building out this thing the way I really want to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there a uniform wing? If so, I nominate one that someone may have mentioned earlier:

Rainbow Guts

I know that isn't a logo, but it seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the Hall (and it's rather fluid selection criteria :P )

I mentioned the "Rainbow Skyline" and the "Flying V" but they were said as more uniform design elements.

Maybe you'd see fit to add a "Uniform Design Element Wing" for those that really aren't logos, or refer to a particular set of uniforms that have achieved nickname status? I could think of lots...

Batwing

Northwestern Stripes

Barberpole

Creamsicle

Doublestar

Wild Wing

Burger King

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I know the folks on the Bruins' HFBoards would call that logo "Poohbear", as in cute lil' Winnie. Apropos. And I damned near died laughing when someone explained it to me. That darned thing does look ineffectual, harmless and quite cute.

All suggestions have been noted.

A couple of quick notes (I'm just clicking around while working on other stuff, so I'm not going to be able to do a full update until later)...

-IF the uniform-element wing happens, I think that your suggestions are actually calling for two separate wings. For example, the Rainbow Skyline is proprietary to one team - as is Creamsicle. Barberpole and Northwestern Stripes are design elements that lots of teams use. Now that I've typed it out and thought about it for a second, I kind of like it. This is getting way bigger than I anticipated - but that's a good thing.

All suggestions have been noted.

A couple of quick notes (I'm just clicking around while working on other stuff, so I'm not going to be able to do a full update until later)...

-IF the uniform-element wing happens, I think that your suggestions are actually calling for two separate wings. For example, the Rainbow Skyline is proprietary to one team - as is Creamsicle. Barberpole and Northwestern Stripes are design elements that lots of teams use. Now that I've typed it out and thought about it for a second, I kind of like it. This is getting way bigger than I anticipated - but that's a good thing.

Hmm, I see what you're saying and I agree. Didn't mean to make things so complicated, but I'm glad you like it.

It's turning into more of an "Urban Dictionary" of the CCSLC - we have our own lingo. Does that make us geekier?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Added some links and descriptions to the original post. May continue for the rest as I expand the list. For some reason, only one nickname is showing up in blue - I'm not sure what's up with that.

Wasn't the Nationals logo referred to as the Walgreens' W?

And also...

Hasn't the Thrashers primary been referred to as the "Bird in a nest"?

And from the literal wing....the Pittsburgh's "Skating Penguin", Toronto's "J-bird", Philadelphia's "Winged-P", Oklaholma City's "Epic Fail" and Calgary's "Flaming C".

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If anyone want's to prepare induction-ceremony speeches for any of the logos, feel free.

GO.

EDIT:

:winner: Picasso.

Archived