Small College Logos - some new one

KCScout76

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AncillaCollegeChargers-DonaldsonIN.jpg

That just SCREAMS the Trenton Thunder's (Yankees AA farm team) alternate/B.P. cap logo.

z6gotfwbkfdykp5lj639qfgdr.gif

Apart from both being yellow and blue lightning bolts... they have absolutely nothing in common.

THAT'S THE POINT OF SOMETHING BEING IN COMMON! Because they look alike.

Design-wise. Nothing in common. Two yellow and blue lightning bolts. Illustrated differently, in different poses, with different facial/body features.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Schools I attended:

Monroe College Mustangs (Bronx, NY): NJCAA Region XV

Mlogsoc.jpg

Mlogbbase.jpg

Kentucky State University Thorobreds (Frankfort, KY): Div II, SIAC Conf.

ksu_athletics-logo-color.jpg

Coppin State University Eagles (Baltimore, MD): Div I, MEAC Conf.

7500.gif

I applied to 10 colleges, 5 of which are in D1, 5 in DIII. Here are the DIII (definitely some of the ugliest logos ever):

(See capsfan's post)

Franklin & Marshall:

Franklin-and-Marshall-College-8811AF8E.png

They use this as their academic and athletic logo.

But here are links to their their awesome mascots:

Ben Franklin

John Marshall

I hope you've got some $ saved up if you're planning on going to F&M. Actually, I've lived about 15 minutes from F&M my whole life and only about 2 weeks ago did I actually drive through and see some of the buildings. It's surprisingly nice, especially with the upscale shops set up right across the street, and the mall, which is completely renovated, is only about 5 minutes down the road.

Interesting thing about Franklin & Marshall...

There is a clothing company in Italy that has the same name. They started in 1999 and they saw a Franklin & Marshall shirt that fit the style they were going for so well they decided to name the company Franklin & Marshall.

Unfortunatly, this limited their sales to Europe only but they've had pretty good success. They struck a deal in 2006 with the College to allow clothing to be sold in the states.

Concordia Cobbers in Moorhead, MN

ConcordiaCollegeAthleticlogo.jpg

That's 'corny'!

Is that the Bears 'c'?

Yup. The football helmets use that. Gold shell (more of a mustardy yellow gold), maroon c. The 'C' is what's used most often. I've rarely seen the Cobber guy used anywhere.

That is most certainly not the Bears "C." It's a generic wishbone "C," but not the Chicago Bears/U of Chicago Maroons football "C:"

Chicago-Bears-Logo.jpg

dsc_82842.jpg

Generic Wishbone (which, interestingly enough, the rest of the U of Chicago uses besides the football program):

header-c.gif

Moose

That's 'corny'!

Is that the Bears 'c'?

Yup. The football helmets use that. Gold shell (more of a mustardy yellow gold), maroon c. The 'C' is what's used most often. I've rarely seen the Cobber guy used anywhere.

That is most certainly not the Bears "C." It's a generic wishbone "C," but not the Chicago Bears/U of Chicago Maroons football "C:"

Chicago-Bears-Logo.jpg

dsc_82842.jpg

Generic Wishbone (which, interestingly enough, the rest of the U of Chicago uses besides the football program):

header-c.gif

Moose

Right, it's not exactly like the Bears, but I figured most people associate wishbone c with the bears c, I figured that's what he meant. It's wishbone c on a helmet, close to Bears but not exact.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I don't think for a second that the Florida Gators and the Southern California Trojans would be considered "small colleges". And to that I ask, why post them in this thread?

I think he was trying to be "funny."

EDIT: sorry I said the thing that was edited out! hey, at least it was censored!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

athletics_logo_214.jpg

Looks like their wordmark was at least "inspired" by the pro-football team in their same city.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's 'corny'!

Is that the Bears 'c'?

Chicago-Bears-Logo.jpg

dsc_82842.jpg

header-c.gif

Moose

Right, it's not exactly like the Bears, but I figured most people associate wishbone c with the bears c, I figured that's what he meant. It's wishbone c on a helmet, close to Bears but not exact.

Funny, seeing as this is a sports logo board, I would have thought "not exactly" would have been worth a mention :P

Moose

I absolutely love this thread and want to keep it going.

Some small schools from ohio

Muskingum College Muskies, Muskingum, Oh

Muskingum.jpg

Oberlin College Yeomen and Yeowomen, oberlin OH

obe-logo.jpg

My cousin goes to

Ohio Wesylyn University Battling Bishops, Steubenville OH

BattlingBishops.jpg

College of Wooster Fighting Scots, Wooster OH and yes the athletic dept's website provided the animated scot

fightingscotanim.gif

Denison College Big Red

DenisonBigRed.GIF

Hiram College Terriers, Hiram Oh

Hirprim.gif

terrier.gif

Really imo none of these, save the terrier, are any good. Glad to be a graphic designer in this area, looks like i'll have plenty of work lol

Archived