Super Bowl XLIII

Cujo

That was not a fumble. Un-effing-believable way to end the SUPER BOWL.

His arm was stuffed but the ball was absolutely not out until he managed to bring it forward.

THE SUPER BOWL.

And that's how they let it end.

Bulls***.

His arm was in throwing motion, i cant believe they did not review that.

His arm was not going forward at the time the ball originally was jarred loose. The slow motion replay showed. Both Michaels and Madden said that they thought it was a fumble after seeing the replay.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's two they took from you, Kurt.

Clearly he needs to play for teams whose owners are in the "Good ol' Boys Network."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Right. Which means the refs were wrong and the booth was wrong. And they were SOO wrong, they didn't even give themselves a chance to get it right.

Un-effing-believable.

Whoawhoawhoa. Say what?

You mean he is responsible for two 99-yard TD returns in Super Bowls, and one happened to be unfairly overturned, right? Right? :D

Right. Which means the refs were wrong and the booth was wrong. And they were SOO wrong, they didn't even give themselves a chance to get it right.

Un-effing-believable.

Whoawhoawhoa. Say what? :D

Spygate.

At least I won $400 for the 2 7s in the halftime score.

VmWIn6B.png

The decision not to review the final play was absolute f***ing horses***. The biggest play of the entire season and they can't take a second look.

Warner sucks, but that's un-f***ing-believable.

Just because they didn't call down doesn't mean they didn't review. They could have quickly looked t it and detirmined the ref got the call right. Thus no need to call down and stop play.

In that short amount of time? I think not.

NBC had time to show a replay so there was some time. Should they have called down? Probably. That said from the replay's I saw the officials on the field got the call right.

What did you see?

Warners arm was hit before the ball came forward. He maintained possession. He then pushed his arm forward, and at that point the ball came loose.

That's an incomplete pass.

And I thought it was pretty clear.

Absolutely no excuse for not reviewing. And really no excuse for not getting it right.

He cocked his arm back was hit and the ball started to come loose at that point. Then as his arm went forward it his forearm and went to the ground.

Again both Michaels and Madden said it was a fumble after seeing the replay. I wouldn't classify either of them Steelers fans (especially Madden).

His arm was stuffed but the ball was absolutely not out until he managed to bring it forward.

THE SUPER BOWL.

Bulls***.

His arm was not going forward at the time the ball originally was jarred loose. The slow motion replay showed. Both Michaels and Madden said that they thought it was a fumble after seeing the replay.

I put no stock in Madden and Michael's interpretation. They're wrong often enough.

His arm was stuffed before it was going forward, but the ball was absolutely not out until the forward motion.

THE SUPER BOWL.

Bulls***.

I put no stock in Madden and Michael's interpretation. They're wrong often enough.

His arm was stuffed before it was going forward, but the ball was absolutely not out until the forward motion.

I would take their word over a bias fanboy.

You conspiracy theorists need to get a life. Seriously.

For most of the game Arizona choked under pressure, kicking themselves with all the bad penalties (although I didn't see the alleged roughing-the-passer, so I won't comment on that). Pittsburgh also had plenty of chances to put it away in the first half, but they blew those chances themselves with drops.

Everyone blames the referees for all the "face time". It's the biggest game in the world. You have to call everything, no matter how marginal. It's not their fault Arizona lost. It's Arizona's fault.

Just like it was the Seahawks' fault.

And the Rams' fault.

Deal with it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Un-effing-believable.

Whoawhoawhoa. Say what? :D

Spygate.

At least I won $400 for the 2 7s in the halftime score.

No. Spygate was its own taint to that game.

I'm talking about the mugging of Rams receivers on every play. The final drive which consisted of a non-called stopping of forward motion (they instead let him go backwards out of bounds to stop the clock), a non-called and blatant intentional grounding, and a ticking of 3-4 seconds off the clock when the kick went through.

The refs were horrible and benefitted one side. Was there more to it? I dunno.

Before the game I was completely neutral, but after all the penalties (many bogus) called against AZ and seeing the bull :censored: Harrison pulled on that one play, I was rooting for the Cardinals all the way. Tough to see them lose the way they did :/

The only penalty that was questionable against the Cardinals was that roughing the passer call. The Cardinals played stupid (as did the Steelers down the stretch) and their offensive line was dominated by the Steelers causing many killer holding penalties.

THE SUPER BOWL.

Bulls***.

So be it. But you're also taking their word of a large percentage of people who watched the play. That's your prerogative.

I've got ESPN on and am hoping to see another replay.

THE SUPER BOWL.

Bulls***.

Still, they reviewed less iffy plays tonight. What could reviewing hurt?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived