NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

Titans: Throwback Jersey Unveiled on First Day of Caravan

vandenbosch_uniform_275.jpg

Not only do these jerseys look slick, but so does the Titans' new site.

The Texans should be wearing these...not Tennessee.

Personally I think its good that NFL teams don't completely forget there heritage when they jump ship to a new location.

Exactly. Plus it wouldn't make sense for the Texans to wear it. They may be located where the Oilers used to be, but the Titans ARE the Oilers.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think its good that NFL teams don't completely forget there heritage when they jump ship to a new location.

Exactly. Plus it wouldn't make sense for the Texans to wear it. They may be located where the Oilers used to be, but the Titans ARE the Oilers.

EXACTLY. THE Titans ARE the Oilers. The Texans are anything but the Oilers. The only thing they have in common is the place where were established.

EXACTLY. THE Titans ARE the Oilers. The Texans are anything but the Oilers. The only thing they have in common is the place where were established.

Oh...is that it? Ha.

This is for the fans...and the fans in Houston deserve to wear the duds more than the fans in Nashville.

Oh...is that it? Ha.

This is for the fans...and the fans in Houston deserve to wear the duds more than the fans in Nashville.

It will be interesting to see if the Oilers shirt sells better in Houston or Tennessee. I know that some cities bear grudges against teams that jump ship on them. Does Houston still begrudge the Volunteer state its NFL team? Do Titans fans mind taking back the Oilers identity for one week?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Oh...is that it? Ha.

Sure didn't act like that when it was time for the team to move in the mid-90s.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh...is that it? Ha.

Sure didn't act like that when it was time for the team to move in the mid-90s.

See "Bud Adams..."

Oh...is that it? Ha.

Maybe if the fans in Houston cared enough about the team we wouldn't be having this discussion.....

The Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans franchise. They get to wear the throwbacks/honour the AFL.

i'm not going to continue the mile-long quote fest...

but i'll agree with icecap.

the oilers are now the titans. just as your ex girlfriend is possibly married to some other guy, and using his last name.

doesn't make her any less the person she was. but she's moved on to a new place in her life.

i'm not going to continue the mile-long quote fest...

but i'll agree with icecap.

the oilers are now the titans. just as your ex girlfriend is possibly married to some other guy, and using his last name.

doesn't make her any less the person she was. but she's moved on to a new place in her life.

And, like a jilted lover, there are the types who'll hang around outside the bushes of her new house, muttering quietly to themselves about how she did them so wrong. And that one day, she will pay pay PAY!!

Those uniforms are GORGEOUS. I'm not super worried about who is wearing them. I'm just happy to see them ^_^

Too bad that shade of Blue is completely wrong.

The older "Columbia Blue" that the Oilers wore up around 1972 or so, was actually referred to as "Silver Blue" and more closely matched THIS color:

HoustonOilersSilverBlue_1971_SOL_SR.png

These throwbacks match this color; which is what they used throughout the rest of the Oilers' history (once they moved to White helmets), and still continue to use today - "Titans Blue":

HoustonOilersColumbiaBlue_1996_SOL_.png

Those uniforms are GORGEOUS. I'm not super worried about who is wearing them. I'm just happy to see them ^_^

Too bad that shade of Blue is completely wrong.

The older "Columbia Blue" that the Oilers wore up around 1972 or so, was actually referred to as "Silver Blue" and more closely matched THIS color:

HoustonOilersSilverBlue_1971_SOL_SR.png

These throwbacks match this color; which is what they used throughout the rest of the Oilers' history (once they moved to White helmets), and still continue to use today - "Titans Blue":

HoustonOilersColumbiaBlue_1996_SOL_.png

Mr. ColorWerx, do you mind reposting the first image? We seem to be getting a PhotoBucket error message.

Thanks!

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Anytime Titans and Oilers are mentioned, there's always an arguement about "Houston should care more" or some crap like that.

Can't people just get over it? Houston has the Texans now. I'm sure some cities would love to start over... like Detroit.

But then you'd have the Baltimore Browns and the Cleveland.....Whatevers !

As for Detroit, yeah, I'd be in favour of a complete do-over -- the whole franchise, not just the uniform. :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Oh...is that it? Ha.

Maybe if the fans in Houston cared enough about the team we wouldn't be having this discussion.....

The Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans franchise. They get to wear the throwbacks/honour the AFL.

They did. They were coming off three straight playoff chokes (Denver, Buffalo and KC) and then a 2 win season. The owner demands city pay for a new stadium...the mayor says no...owner finds a sucker somewhere else...team is lame duck for two seasons waiting for lease to run out at the Astrodome so they can legally move....Fans don't show up to games because they don't want to spend hard earned $$$ on a team that has announced it is moving...owner complains about lack of fan support during lame duck season....ESPN shows empty stadium...fans get blamed for not caring....people think the Oilers moved because of lack of fan support. BS. With that said, I'm happy with the Texans.

Archived