NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that the NFL's 90th anniversary is next year. I'd like to see a list of teams that are wearing throwbacks. It will be interesting to see what teams decide to wear. Some teams will probably bring back unis that we hadn't seen in a while. Some ones I would like to see would be the original Seattle unis, the Redskins wearing the burgandy jerseys with plain white numbers and gold pants, the original Bengals unis, and the Bears wearing the "Brian's Song" unis without the orange.

rumors have been swirling that the 49ers will go back to something a bit more old school

the niners would like to go old school with some modifications like cleveland did when they went back to an older version

(numbers on the shoulders, solid red socks, stripes on the shoulders widened a little bit, grey facemask, red/white/red stripes on the helmet, pants stripes minimized). that's what Jed York would like to do but the focus groups are neutral right now.

I think they will go back to the older version but more than likely in 2010

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Will the Bills finally switch to the standing buffalo full time? It seems like on a lot of the league merchandise -- beach chairs, throws, etc. -- they use the standing buffalo. The fans sure want it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Lions blacks will be coming back next year. They wore the throwbacks this year for the 75th anniversary. (great team to celebrate it with...huh)

I wouldn't mind a rebranding of the Lions. I've loved some of the Lions concepts people have had on here and the Lions need a new image. It isn't like they've ever had sucess while wearing them so you aren't taking away some historical jersey.

I'm hoping the Lions don't bring back the black jerseys ever again

Why? They were good looking, and better than the bland silver and blue.

Well for one it looks like the uniform for the Carolina team in a pro football video game that doesn't have an NFL licence.

Now if the Lions were to integrate black into their uniforms they might look alright. What they did though, simply bordering everything with black stripes in a manner that doesn't even match from component to component, doesn't work.

The focus groups are on throughout on everything in the organization like gameday experience, stadium, stadium food. At the moment, from those season ticket holders, the unis are a part of it, in which case I can't see them getting a change before April unless prototypes are already made.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived