NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andre-tippett.jpg

I dug these uniforms, but always thought the jersey should've been blue. American "Patriots" wore blue. The British wore red. Even Pat the Patriot was wearing blue!

Surely some talented individual on this board can mock it up with a blue jersey. It would be interesting to see.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

andre-tippett.jpg

I dug these uniforms, but always thought the jersey should've been blue. American "Patriots" wore blue. The British wore red. Even Pat the Patriot was wearing blue!

I've always thought the same thing, so when they finally switched to blue jerseys I thought it made a lot of sense. That being said, their mid-60s set and the updated version shown here were some of my favorite unis ever. I totally don't understand the hate on this board for Pat the Patriot, as I love this logo. Of course, I love the old Broncos "drunken donkey" decal, too, so maybe I'm just blinded by nostalgia...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I believe Icecap79 is somehow spreading his manifesto underground. I say we snuff him out before everyone falls under his tyrany of... whatever it is... that he's a tyrant... of.

:cursing:

Fools! You can't prove anything! Bwahahahaha!

Ahem....whatever could you mean?

I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet. In addition, I would like to see changes from the Dolphins.

I know everyone gets their panties in a bunch when ever anyone says this but it is a great idea. Give them an identity when ever their logo is show its just an orange circle. Use the "dawg" or the =B= or go back to the elf logo anything would be better than they are now.

What's with the "B" they're in Cleveland? It should be a "C"! You don't see the Bears with a B on their helmets....

JMHO.

I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet. In addition, I would like to see changes from the Dolphins.

I know everyone gets their panties in a bunch when ever anyone says this but it is a great idea. Give them an identity when ever their logo is show its just an orange circle. Use the "dawg" or the =B= or go back to the elf logo anything would be better than they are now.

What's with the "B" they're in Cleveland? It should be a "C"! You don't see the Bears with a B on their helmets....

JMHO.

It makes it easier for them to move the team. That way they don't have to change the "B" at all. Can you imagine if Cleveland lost their third football team??

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

JMHO.

It makes it easier for them to move the team. That way they don't have to change the "B" at all. Can you imagine if Cleveland lost their third football team??

I think they would all just give up , maybe become Steelers Fans or just banned football from NE ohio. Think of how they would feel if the Browns were to move to L.A. HAHA

LA 2, Cle 0

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'll have to find the article, but I believe the Tennessee Titans will roll out a Houston Oilers throwback either next year or 2010. Hopefully it will be worn v. the Texans. :D

They are wearing the Oilers uniforms next season, and it would be totally classless to wear them against the Texans in my opinion....but of coarse we're talking about Bud Adams here, so they probably will.

Nothing wrong with them wearing Tennessee Oilers uniforms, though. Do we know what specific era they are throwing back to?

I'm not too sure. Here is an article from a Yahoo! football blog about it, but I cannot find the original article from TitansRadio.com. I think it may have mentioned an era they were considering, but the article has seemed to vanish.

Also, it looks like they'll be wearing the Oilers unis v. the New York Titans. Or New York Jets. New York Bretts. Whatever.

Hopefully all the way back to the AFL uniforms like they did in 1994...and if it's against the Jets then that would make sense. I'd really rather not see them in the Oilers uniforms I grew up with. The couple of seasons as the Tennessee Oilers was painful enough.

And although I know it will NEVER happen...it would be fun to see the Texans wear WFL Houston Texans throwbacks.

houtexansuni.gif

How bout a USFL throwback day in the NFL. Something like this.

The Bears could wear the Chicago Blitz.

The Lions, the Michigan Panthers.

The Cardinals, the Arizona Wranglers.

The Steelers. the Pittsburgh Maulers.

The Cowboys, the Oklahoma Outlaws.

The Raiders, the Oakland Invaders.

The Bucs, the Tampa Bay Bandits.

The Broncos, the Denver Gold.

The Dolphins, the Orlando Renegades. (Since the Renegades were originally suppose to play in Miami).

The Titans, the Memphis Showboats.

The Falcons, the Birmingham Stallions. (Close enough)

The Jags, the Jacksonville Bulls.

The Vikings, the San Antonio Gunslingers.(A tribute to Red McCombs)

The Texans, the Houston Gamblers.

The Rams, the L.A. Express.

The Eagles and Ravens can both be the Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars.

Both the Jets and Giants could be the New Jersey Generals.

The Patriots, Saints and Seahawks, the Boston, New Orleans and Portland Breakers.

The Redskins and everybody else can be the Washington Federals.

What a waste of time this was!!!

I would prefer the NFL resist that tempation to break out USFL throwbacks. No offense, but this isn't the NBA. :D

quick 10min photoshopper

andre-tippett.png

I think if your gonna go with a blue jersey, the pants sock and helmet stripes should be reversed to blue red blue. I'm not sure about the facemask, maybe that too.

Nice work, but I'm not feelin the blue throwback alts at all.

Good thing we don't have to worry about a return to the past. I'm pretty sure the Patriots are gonna keep their unis from their current dynasty around for a very long time.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived