NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to this article from last summer, the Jets are planning on wearing a white version of their Titans throwbacks next season.

"The organization will throw another Titans wrinkle out in 2009 when they showcase white Titans jerseys to celebrate the franchise?s 50th anniversary."

Ugh... I'm sick of these Titans throwbacks. At most, they should be worn twice a season. The Jets have nice jerseys - no reason to keep dragging these things out.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Patriots are (re)introducing throwbacks as their new thirds.

Yessssssss!

I actually don't dislike the silver like everyone here does, but that should be awesome. Great.

ImgDyncfms21977.jpg

I'd be okay with the Pats bringing those back as alternate jerseys -- just as long as the shoulder stripes aren't half-assed like the Colts and Jets are now. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet. In addition, I would like to see changes from the Dolphins.

Never gonna happen!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The Patriots are (re)introducing throwbacks as their new thirds.

Yessssssss!

I actually don't dislike the silver like everyone here does, but that should be awesome. Great.

ImgDyncfms21977.jpg

My rant about red Pats jerseys aside, Pat the Patriot is really a terrible logo. Maybe if they gave him a Miami/San Fran-esque update.

But it is for the AFL's 50th anniversary, so I'll let it slide :D

According to this article from last summer, the Jets are planning on wearing a white version of their Titans throwbacks next season.

"The organization will throw another Titans wrinkle out in 2009 when they showcase white Titans jerseys to celebrate the franchise’s 50th anniversary."

Ugh... I'm sick of these Titans throwbacks. At most, they should be worn twice a season. The Jets have nice jerseys - no reason to keep dragging these things out.

I agree, except for the above mentioned AFL anniversary. Wear the Titans throwbacks once or twice next season, then shelve them for good.

bucs will apparently be using throwbacks next year

which is AWESOME

I have to ask; what's the appeal behind the Bucco Bruce uniforms? Not only were the unis the joke of the NFL, but the team that wore them were just as much of a punchline.

Is it the so-ugly-they're-good syndrome? 'Cause I really can't see the appeal to this set. The colours, logo, futility, none of it makes this set appealing to me. Especially when the Bucs have some of the best uniforms in the league currently (even if they are a tad 49ers-ish).

I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet.

Putting the =B= on the helmet would be a start.

The only way I'd like to see the Brown's change would to add the =B= logo, as mentioned, and possibly make the helmet brown. Bucco B, er, Brandon Odis, did an awesome concept with this a few years ago. I found it once before not long ago, and still love it. However, even if it was added to an orange helmet, it'd still be fine. But that would be the only helmet changes that would work for them. The dog head logo isn't even for the team, but primarily the fans in the "Dog Pound".

My rant about red Pats jerseys aside, Pat the Patriot is really a terrible logo. Maybe if they gave him a Miami/San Fran-esque update.

Part of the conditions of your return was to renounce your opposal to the Patriots wearing red...

... You've been warned.

^_^

The only way I'd like to see the Brown's change would to add the =B= logo, as mentioned, and possibly make the helmet brown. Bucco B, er, Brandon Odis, did an awesome concept with this a few years ago. I found it once before not long ago, and still love it. However, even if it was added to an orange helmet, it'd still be fine. But that would be the only helmet changes that would work for them. The dog head logo isn't even for the team, but primarily the fans in the "Dog Pound".

Part of the conditions of your return was to renounce your opposal to the Patriots wearing red...

... You've been warned.

^_^

LOL, well I've stayed away from the red, and I've decided to focus my rage onto poor ole' Pat :P

As a lifelong (43 years) Lions fans (I need help, I know ;) ) I think its time do to uniform overhaul. They've lost in everything for the past 52 years, so what the heck. Its time.

Totally agree, get rid of black, go for something more modern, but yet have the classic honolulu blue and silver

will the bears go back to the blue pants?

They better! All White was ugly!

I like the all white look, but never the less, on Bears All-Access I think it was the great Rasheed Davis :rolleyes: , made a comment that the players like the all white look because it makes them faster. So yeah, whatever that means, but honestly it doesn't matter what they where because this team as it is sucks and always does a great job of disappointing me.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

will the bears go back to the blue pants?

They better! All White was ugly!

I like the all white look, but never the less, on Bears All-Access I think it was the great Rasheed Davis :rolleyes: , made a comment that the players like the all white look because it makes them faster. So yeah, whatever that means, but honestly it doesn't matter what they where because this team as it is sucks and always does a great job of disappointing me.

The players think wearing all-white makes them faster? See, this is why the players should never EVER be consulted on uniform matters.

Brilliant.

Archived