2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling someone will pick up Pace, past his prime, but still a good blocker. Maybe the Lions, pick up a veteran to teach the young line

Why do the Lions need a good blocker? They just resigned the best RB in team history...

Aveion Cason is back!!!

Got to love life as a Lion fan, huh?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have a feeling someone will pick up Pace, past his prime, but still a good blocker. Maybe the Lions, pick up a veteran to teach the young line

Why do the Lions need a good blocker? They just resigned the best RB in team history...

Aveion Cason is back!!!

Got to love life as a Lion fan, huh?

Don't remind me

Only thing I don't want to hear is

With the first pick in the NFL Draft, The Detroit Lions select Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech University

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Falcons have been busy for the past couple of weeks:

1. Signed former Jag Mike Peterson. - Makes sense because he has experience in Smith's system, so he'll fit in with the program.

2. Re-signed 4 free agents. - Mostly young guys that will be given more time to flourish in the system.

3. Re-sign Chauncey Davis - He's not an impact player, but he's an important player on the Falcons nonetheless.

4. Gave Roddy White a raise - After the past 2 years he's had, he's definitely deserved it.

5. Entered in negotions with LJ Smith - Now this has basically divided the fanbase in two: Those that think that LJ will return to his 05-06 form, and those who agree with Philly fans which means that he will be terrible for the rest of his career. Who knows? I just want him to do what the rest have and just fit into the system and find their niche. Terrible or not, he's still an upgrade from last year's TE.

..who, when he was released by the Saints, became the very first member of the 2008-09 starting 22 who would not return in the same position next year.

If that is a slight, I will have you know that the Rams have not had a fullback since Scott Linehan, may dogs feast upon his entrails, stupidly cut Madison Hedgecock after Week 1 of the 2007 Season.

They needed Karney.

Today, we are all otaku.

..who, when he was released by the Saints, became the very first member of the 2008-09 starting 22 who would not return in the same position next year.

If that is a slight, I will have you know that the Rams have not had a fullback since Scott Linehan, may dogs feast upon his entrails, stupidly cut Madison Hedgecock after Week 1 of the 2007 Season.

They needed Karney.

?

It was just a fact...

They needed Karney.

?

It was just a fact...

Karney's a warrior, the Rams got a great player. The Saints have run fewer and fewer traditional FB/HB formations under Payton and that's why they let him go. The guy they signed to replace him is a more versatile back and also a special teams ace. But if what you need is a guy to blow up a linebacker so Steven Jackson has a clear path to the secondary, Karney's your guy.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So long and thanks for all the touchdowns, Torry.

Also, please sign with an AFC team.

Today, we are all otaku.

The Lions made another great trade today getting Julian Peterson for Cory Redding and a 5th round pick.

Link to Story

As a Lions fan, I'm trilled by the moves that new GM Martin Mayhew has made. The Williams and Kitna deals? Beautiful. This last one? Dead Sexy.

I'm really looking forward to this season! :D

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The Lions made another great trade today getting Julian Peterson for Cory Redding and a 5th round pick.

Link to Story

As a Lions fan, I'm trilled by the moves that new GM Martin Mayhew has made. The Williams and Kitna deals? Beautiful. This last one? Dead Sexy.

Agreed. I don't have high hopes for this year, but things at least seem to be looking up a bit. Now, I'm really curious what to do with the #1 pick. I still don't think I want Stafford or Sanchez leading the Lions.

I don't think Browns fans have seen a drive end worse than that since Earnest Byner was carrying the ball for them.

Kellen Winslow Jr.'s motorcycle joyride?

Today, we are all otaku.

They needed Karney.

?

It was just a fact...

Karney's a warrior, the Rams got a great player. The Saints have run fewer and fewer traditional FB/HB formations under Payton and that's why they let him go. The guy they signed to replace him is a more versatile back and also a special teams ace. But if what you need is a guy to blow up a linebacker so Steven Jackson has a clear path to the secondary, Karney's your guy.

Again, I am not trying to make any judgment on the Saints or the Rams or Mike Karney, I was just stating a fact that the Saints would have returned all 22 starters for next year before he left. :P

Link to Story

Not a bad trade for the Seahawks they had a hole at DT while LB was one of their strongest and most expensive positions. I don't know much about Redding but from what I've read he's a big guy who commands double teams, hopefully that will free up Totupu and Hill and the blitz and the Seahawks will once again be one of the top teams at pressuring the QB. The trade also makes the Seahawks draft situation even more blurry; Signing Housh more than likely ruled out Crabtree, Redding means no B.J. Raji. Hawks could draft a OT, but I remember hearing that GM Tim Ruskell doesn't like spending top picks on O-lineman. With Peterson gone a LB or could be a possibility but, but Peterson was traded because he made to much money and a first round pick would also command a lot of money. They need help at safety and CB but it would be a big reach at number 4 to draft someone at one of those posistion. IMO Ruskell needs to trade up and get a number of picks and just improve the depth throughout the team.

Archived