2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

Jason Taylor to Redskins: I do not and will not show up for your offseason work out program.

Redskins to Taylor: fine, [cues Mr. McMahon] your fired!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-r...p&type=lgns

Jason Taylor joins the long list of Redskin busts. I'm sorry but i get a sick pleasure of watching these high priced deadskin busts every year. :D

Exactly. That right there is why nobody was too impressed with the Redskins signing Haynesworth and re-signing D-Hall.

bingo. not impressed.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jason Taylor to Redskins: I do not and will not show up for your offseason work out program.

Jason Taylor joins the long list of Redskin busts. I'm sorry but i get a sick pleasure of watching these high priced deadskin busts every year. :D

Exactly. That right there is why nobody was too impressed with the Redskins signing Haynesworth and re-signing D-Hall.

bingo. not impressed.

The problem is Dan Snyder does not get the concept of building a cohesive team, he just signs names plugs them in weather they fit or not and is stunned when it backfires.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

bingo. not impressed.

The problem is Dan Snyder does not get the concept of building a cohesive team, he just signs names plugs them in weather they fit or not and is stunned when it backfires.

Tom Hicks did the same thing with the Texas Rangers. Signs a-rod then every other overthe hill high priced free agent, then when the team :censored:s the bed, he couldn't figure it out. best part of that is he fired the GM Doug Melvin would built a damn good farm team, then he goes to the Brewers and builds a damn good farm team for the brewers. result? Brewers are finally becomming a competitive team.

Then of course there is the situation with the other Rangers namesake, the hockey Rangers. They did the same thing for about 7 years before some one realized, this :censored: needed to stop and they stopped going after high priced free agent after high priced free agent and missing the playoffs every year.

Forwhatever reason, Danny Snyder can not and will not learn his lesson. Which is perfectly acceptable to Cowboy/Eagle/Giants fans. At the moment, litttle danny snyder is those three teams best freinds. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Very sad news: The Coast Guard has just called off the search for those three missing players:

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- After three days of combing 24,000 miles of ocean, the Coast Guard on Tuesday stopped searching for two NFL players and a third man lost in rough, chilly Gulf of Mexico waters off the Florida coast.

Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, free-agent defensive lineman Corey Smith, who played with the Detroit Lions last season, and former South Florida player William Bleakley, had been missing since Saturday when their boat capsized during a fishing trip.

Bleakley's father said he thought the Coast Guard did everything it could and that his expectations lowered after only one survivor was found Monday, nearly two days after the four friends were knocked out of their 21-foot boat.

"I think they were not to be found," Robert Bleakley said.

Coast Guard Capt. Timothy Close said officials were sure that if there were any more survivors, they would have been found.

Pray for their loved ones, keep them in your thoughts, do whatever you do.

Smith in particular has to be the unluckiest person of the year. To die in a freak boating accident like this is bad enough. To die in a freak boating accident after having just played on an 0-16 football team, that's just bizarrely bad luck.

CCSLC signature.png

According to Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 in Phoenix, Kurt Warner has agreed to a new 2 year deal with the Arizona Cardinals

Warner deal is 2yrs/$23 Million...more detailed deal breaks down to $15 million signing bonus, $4 million for each of the two years ($19 million for upcoming season).

Finally the deal is done! No word on new Boldin contract and any restructuring of either Warner or Fitzgerald deals to help pay his salary. I have heard that GM Graves and safety Adrian Wilson are talking about a contract extension.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Very sad news: The Coast Guard has just called off the search for those three missing players:
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- After three days of combing 24,000 miles of ocean, the Coast Guard on Tuesday stopped searching for two NFL players and a third man lost in rough, chilly Gulf of Mexico waters off the Florida coast.

Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, free-agent defensive lineman Corey Smith, who played with the Detroit Lions last season, and former South Florida player William Bleakley, had been missing since Saturday when their boat capsized during a fishing trip.

Bleakley's father said he thought the Coast Guard did everything it could and that his expectations lowered after only one survivor was found Monday, nearly two days after the four friends were knocked out of their 21-foot boat.

"I think they were not to be found," Robert Bleakley said.

Coast Guard Capt. Timothy Close said officials were sure that if there were any more survivors, they would have been found.

Pray for their loved ones, keep them in your thoughts, do whatever you do.

Smith in particular has to be the unluckiest person of the year. To die in a freak boating accident like this is bad enough. To die in a freak boating accident after having just played on an 0-16 football team, that's just bizarrely bad luck.

I agree in general but this isn't a 'freak accident.' Thirty miles out in the Gulf of Mexico is no place to be in a 21' center console (i.e. open) boat. Did it even have a radio? Haven't seen anything on that but from the survivor's account, they probably wouldn't have been able to use it anyway. Presumably it had no automatic emergency beacon.

The trip makes no sense when you consider they knew bad weather was coming - they went out Saturday because the bad weather was due Sunday. One of the lost men's father said he went out with his son once but wouldn't again because he was uncomfortable being out so far you couldn't see land. That's only a few miles out, from what I've read these guys would sometimes go 50 miles out. That's plain stupid in a single-engine boat that size in a body of water where the weather is often unpredictable.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

ESPN is reporting that the Dallas Cowboys have released WR Terrell Owens.

Came here to post this, but now I can't stop laughing.

Greatest. Avatar. Ever.

I just saw it too, I really dunno what team would possibly take a chance on this guys, well besides the Raiders, they'll take anyone.

Greatest. Avatar. Ever.

I just saw it too, I really dunno what team would possibly take a chance on this guys, well besides the Raiders, they'll take anyone.

And wasn't he supposed to host a reality show for a spot on the Cowboys' practice squad roster?

6uXNWAo.png

Greatest. Avatar. Ever.

And wasn't he supposed to host a reality show for a spot on the Cowboys' practice squad roster?

Nope....that was Irvin. ( :rolleyes: )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Plea to Joe Banner and Andy Reid - bring TO back. If McNabb doesn't like it, tough. Get rid of him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived