2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

ESPN is reporting that the Dallas Cowboys have released WR Terrell Owens.

Came here to post this, but now I can't stop laughing.

Greatest. Avatar. Ever.

I just saw it too, I really dunno what team would possibly take a chance on this guys, well besides the Raiders, they'll take anyone.

And wasn't he supposed to host a reality show for a spot on the Cowboys' practice squad roster?

Nope....that was Irvin. ( :rolleyes: )

Owens was suppose to have one this year on VH1, but i dont think it had anything to do with Cowboys practice.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's been posted on a previous page, but the Patriots have signed CB/S Shawn Springs.

In his last sixteen-start season (2007) he made sixty-two tackles and grabbed four interceptions. Low-risk move.

Hello, my name is Rich and I'm a baseball-holic. And an OOTP-holic.

... and maybe even an alcoholic. Oh no.

Eagles sign safety Sean Jones to a 1 year contract. All things considered, I like the signing, because it gives them an experienced player for a year while Quintin Demps is groomed for the job. Unfortunately for Jones, he will be slaughtered from day one for being viewed at as management's replacement for Dawkins. To his credit, Joe Banner had the courage to come on the radio the other day and explain what happened with the Dawkins thing, but just got slaughtered by the callers.

The Eagles management has never been popular, but I've never seen a backlash like what's going on now. These guys literally have to watch their backs when walking down the street, because apparently there are groups "staking them out" and yelling insults at them.

I love a-holes that say that Philadelphia always runs it's stars out of town and say that players are treated like trash here, but then when the city embraces a player and wants him to stay, they're criticized for having outrage when that player is done wrong. The only players that are treated like trash are the ones who are trash, with the possible exception of Mike Schmidt, who deserved his ridicule for most of his career until he "got it" and was able to finally connect with the city towards the end of his career.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like the Jones signing. Needed a safety and he'll come in and provide SOMETHING. Could turn out to be a really solid player for us too.

But there still needs to be more noise made I think. With the safety problems solved as much as they can be until the draft, attention has to be turned to the offense. I would still love if they somehow (would never happen) would trade for Boldin or Edwards. That or a solid backup RB.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I love a-holes that say that Philadelphia always runs it's stars out of town and say that players are treated like trash here, but then when the city embraces a player and wants him to stay, they're criticized for having outrage when that player is done wrong. The only players that are treated like trash are the ones who are trash, with the possible exception of Mike Schmidt, who deserved his ridicule for most of his career until he "got it" and was able to finally connect with the city towards the end of his career.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I think things like "These guys literally have to watch their backs when walking down the street, because apparently there are groups "staking them out" and yelling insults at them" have a little to do with Philly's bad rep when it comes to their sports fans.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Eagles employee fired for disparaging comments towards organization on Facebook status.
"Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver ... Dam Eagles R Retarted!!"

that alone should have gotten him fired, not because he called the eagles retarded but for the manner he used to write that sentence.

now to channel my english teacher...

"Dam Damn, those Eagles R are Retarted retarded."

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Eagles employee fired for disparaging comments towards organization on Facebook status.
"Dan is [expletive] devastated about Dawkins signing with Denver ... Dam Eagles R Retarted!!"

It's never good to see a co-worker be fired, but IMO he deserved it for being so stupid to post something like that on there. I'm still incensed by the whole situation, but I never posted anything anywhere that my name or affiliation with the team was public, nor would I post anything publicly about my full-time employer either.

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that he took a shot at his (part time) employer on a public site, the fact that he actually took time to post something and that was the best he could come up with (seriously - "Dam Eagles R Retarted"? Come on - dude is obviously not very intelligent), or the fact that there's actually Eagles fans "outraged" about this. I hate the management as much as anyone, but how anyone can defend this guy is beyond me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's never good to see a co-worker be fired, but IMO he deserved it for being so stupid to post something like that on there. I'm still incensed by the whole situation, but I never posted anything anywhere that my name or affiliation with the team was public, nor would I post anything publicly about my full-time employer either.

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that he took a shot at his (part time) employer on a public site, the fact that he actually took time to post something and that was the best he could come up with (seriously - "Dam Eagles R Retarted"? Come on - dude is obviously not very intelligent), or the fact that there's actually Eagles fans "outraged" about this. I hate the management as much as anyone, but how anyone can defend this guy is beyond me.

Yeah he should have chosen his words more carefully and not indentify himself.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Heh....I was wonder if you knew this guy. What was this guy's role with the Eagles/Linc?

Yeah he should have chosen his words more carefully and not indentify himself.

How does one not identify himself on his own facebook page?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Bryant McFadden joins Arizona Cardinals....2 years/$10 Million

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/08/...oins-cardinals/

Nice pick-up!

Be prepared to be Pittsburgh East for a few years

Pittsburgh west there, homeboy. ^_^ Point still holds, though.

We see it happen everytime a lowly team picks up a coach from a successful team. If he don't bring in a steady infusion of coaches from his former team, he'll certainly bring in his own players from his old team. (And sometimes, they'll do both). Look at Josh McDaniels in Denver, Rex Ryan in New York. Rod Marinelli did it in Detroit (from Tampa Bay). Whisenhunt's now doing it in AZ.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It always shocks me how stupid people can be with their online profiles. Do they really believe once something is posted it won't be seen?

It always shocks me how stupid people can be with their online profiles. Do they really believe once something is posted it won't be seen?

Agreed. A cop in a suburb of Atlanta was fired after posting pics of himself, in uniform, frisking his girlfriend, who was wearing a skimpy bikini, while she leaned suggestively on a car...not just any car...his marked city cruiser!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Heh....I was wonder if you knew this guy. What was this guy's role with the Eagles/Linc?

No, I didn't know him. He was apparently a gate supervisor, so he probably just made sure that the ticket-takers were... well, taking tickets (and dealing with idiots who purchased counterfeit tix from scalpers.) Honestly, the Eagles don't pay very well, and you only really get 8-10 hours of work each game day (so 10 Eagles games, Temple games (for some employees), concerts, and a couple of other misc. events) so it's not like this guy lost his livelihood.

I only have my job because I get to watch 99% of the game, without having to pay for season tickets (not that you can even get them.) I can't even imagine why anyone would want one of these jobs if they weren't a fan and got one of the field-viewing details. I find it really hard to have any compasion for this guy.

Archived