2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shocked:

Who do you blame for the Cutler broncos breakup?

Cutler 50%

The Broncos 50%

Total votes: 153,585

Seems as if there's quite the split on opinions of whos to blame. I say we just blame them both.

They are both absolutly to blame. Cutler should have shutup because it is just part of the buisness. I would guess that many big name players have been a part of deals that fell through, you just move on and play.

As for McDaniels he strikes me as a guy destined to fail as a coach. I think he is overly arrogant, even for a coach, and inflexible. Everything I hear is about fitting his system, well I am of the mindset that a coach's system chould be flexible to the personel. The Broncos will still have a terrible defense and just got rid of their franchise QB. They will probably end up winning 4 or 5 games and the Brincos will be looking for a new coach again.

The Bears won this trade, they got the best player out of it.

I wonder if McDaniels regrets choosing Cutler's jersey to hold up in that pic.

I wonder if he regrets being an asshat that can't handle his personnel.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They are both absolutly to blame. Cutler should have shutup because it is just part of the buisness. I would guess that many big name players have been a part of deals that fell through, you just move on and play.

As for McDaniels he strikes me as a guy destined to fail as a coach. I think he is overly arrogant, even for a coach, and inflexible. Everything I hear is about fitting his system, well I am of the mindset that a coach's system chould be flexible to the personel. The Broncos will still have a terrible defense and just got rid of their franchise QB. They will probably end up winning 4 or 5 games and the Brincos will be looking for a new coach again.

I agree. Cutler had the right to be upset at first, but he took it way way way too far. I almost think he just wanted to get out of Denver for whatever reason, so he took his one chance and ran with it.

I also think McDaniels is gonna fall flat on his face. He came in and tried to change too much too soon. I have no idea why he's want to trade away a Pro Bowl QB. Most new coaches would be thrilled to get that in a new job. I think the Broncos are really going to regret firing Shanahan.

I agree. Cutler had the right to be upset at first, but he took it way way way too far. I almost think he just wanted to get out of Denver for whatever reason, so he took his one chance and ran with it.

I also think McDaniels is gonna fall flat on his face. He came in and tried to change too much too soon. I have no idea why he's want to trade away a Pro Bowl QB. Most new coaches would be thrilled to get that in a new job. I think the Broncos are really going to regret firing Shanahan.

I've seen it reported that Cutler first demanded a trade when Shanahan was fired.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If he had gone to jail, wouldn't that have voided his contract anyway?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If he had gone to jail, wouldn't that have voided his contract anyway?

Michael Vick is still property of the Falcons, so I guess not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Vick's going to be released anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, a trade happened that will impact the draft just a tad bit:

Falcons trade Laurent Robinson and their 5th & 6th round picks to Rams for their 5th and 6th round picks.

The Falcons moved up 22 spots in the 5th round and 20 spots in the 6th. I won't miss Robinson too much.

Vick's going to be released anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, a trade happened that will impact the draft just a tad bit:

Falcons trade Laurent Robinson and their 5th & 6th round picks to Rams for their 5th and 6th round picks.

The Falcons moved up 22 spots in the 5th round and 20 spots in the 6th. I won't miss Robinson too much.

And thus the Crabtreeites were silenced. Or stifled a bit.

Any good QBs in the 4th?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How about the Browns trade Braylon to New York for some draft picks. Then draft Crabtree at #5? (If he's still there, which he should be.)

Sounds good to me.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The comedy show that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers off-season continues...K2 gets paid...big.

Okay...I like Kellen and all, and WHEN healthy, he can be one helluva player. But why do this NOW? Why not give it a year and see how he pans out, and THEN evaluate whether or not he's worth that kind of bread? I can't pin down whether or not this guy is a personal favorite of ol' man Glazer or if this move was done to silence the quibbles in Buccaneer Nation that Glazer don't like to spend $$$ (which he don't--y'all done already seen the "house cleaning" that took place not long ago)...never mind the fact that K2 ain't exactly the sturdiest of players (them knees might not hold up over the course of six years--or even three, for that matter) AND that, crazy as it sounds, Jerramy Stevens was actually doing a decent job at TE.

I don't know...I can't even call it right now. Guess we'll see after Draft Weekend exacty what kind of plan the Buccaneers have, provided they have one at all. Oh and did I mention the team's hitching it's QB hopes, at the present, to McCown? Hope this guy pans out--he's shown flashes.

Ah well...guess we'll see where this goes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think overly criticising McDaniels over the whole Cutler situation is a bit unfair really. Cutler is a pretty temperamental guy, McDaniels has a pretty good record with working with unheralded QBs, I am not convinced that Cutler is the best QB for a McDaniels offense, and is it really fair to leave a rookie 32 year old head coach carrying the can for bad personnel moves? The way I heard the Cassell move happening it was another team and not the Broncos, proposing the trade, and is it possible that someone else was trying to unsettle the Broncos from the get go. (For instance that doesn't seem an unBellichick thing to do!) If Bowlen even listened to the trade surely he is as much to blame for the situation as McDaniels.

However I do think that the situation may turn out ok for the Broncos. As I say, McDaniels has a good record with unheralded QBs, so I don't think that he will worry about having Orton or someone else under center, and they get some good draft picks out of the deal. I think that McDaniels system relies not so much on arm strength as it does accuracy. And th4e Bears did give up a lot for Cutler, a QB with a losing record as a starter.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The comedy show that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers off-season continues...K2 gets paid...big.

Okay...I like Kellen and all, and WHEN healthy, he can be one helluva player. But why do this NOW? Why not give it a year and see how he pans out, and THEN evaluate whether or not he's worth that kind of bread? I can't pin down whether or not this guy is a personal favorite of ol' man Glazer or if this move was done to silence the quibbles in Buccaneer Nation that Glazer don't like to spend $$$ (which he don't--y'all done already seen the "house cleaning" that took place not long ago)...never mind the fact that K2 ain't exactly the sturdiest of players (them knees might not hold up over the course of six years--or even three, for that matter) AND that, crazy as it sounds, Jerramy Stevens was actually doing a decent job at TE.

I don't know...I can't even call it right now. Guess we'll see after Draft Weekend exacty what kind of plan the Buccaneers have, provided they have one at all. Oh and did I mention the team's hitching it's QB hopes, at the present, to McCown? Hope this guy pans out--he's shown flashes.

My friend, I think the big cheeses in Tampa have lost their ever-lovin' minds. Winslow never earned his FIRST contract much less this deal. What are they thinking?

BTW, your 'from' info would indicate you're back from the big sandbox, is that the case?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My friend, I think the big cheeses in Tampa have lost their ever-lovin' minds. Winslow never earned his FIRST contract much less this deal. What are they thinking?

BTW, your 'from' info would indicate you're back from the big sandbox, is that the case?

Naw, cat--them honchos in Tampa lost it when they cut pretty much the "ambassadors" of the Buccaneers--my cuzz, Dunn, Galloway (and somehow kept Barber). This latest move here is just one of what looks to be many BIG exclamation points behind that.

And BTW...yes I IS back from the sandbox. That year in the dirt is over and done with! (dance)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No way in hell it would happen but Mark Sanchez should be destined to wear the silver & black.

And :censored: up an already :censored: ed up situation there. They'd have 3 "starting QB's."

Archived