2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

There's a hot rumor that the Falcons could be acquiring Tony Gonzalez from the Chiefs (great googily moogily) for nothing but a 2nd-round draft pick (the 55th pick, I believe).

If that's true, what's Dimitroff waiting for?

The Chiefs reportedly rejected that offer.

Plus (not that it means anything because they're not the ones in charge :P) some fans are conflicted on this because it basically means that we are trading a future defensive starter for Tony Gonzalez.

I say this: If our second round pick (assuming that this eventually gets done) is basically a 33 year old Tony Gonzalez who has NOT lost a step and put up some great numbers with TYLER THIGPEN as his QB last year, I say do it. The offense will be Super Bowl caliber with Gonzalez as a Falcon.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a Packers fan, I'd rather we look into Usain Bolt if we're gonna look at non-football players. At least get someone athletic.

That made me laugh even more.

gonzalez-dunk-on-paulus.jpg

This will happen.

WOW, funny, but he actually sounds like he might be a legit football player. *Rethinks what i just said* O, wait, nevermind, He's Greg Paulus.

Drew22, I'm surprised such a big UNC fan would rip on his football credentials, Greg's brother is a QB at UNC... :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Ok, not the trade I was looking for the Eagles to make (would love Boldin), but getting Peters is definitely better than taking a risk on a first round Tackle in the draft.

http://www.kxnet.com/getArticle.asp?s=rss&...rticleId=362359

Now that we still have one of the best Olines in football, even with the losses this year, we can focus on the skill positions and possibly safety.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ravens interested in Boldin

I really hope the Ravens look into this. The lack of a #1 WR really hurt us last year. I've said this pretty much all offseason, but I think we could be a Super Bowl contender if we're able to acquire one. The Ravens have been talking about drafting a WR with their first round pick anyway. It would be better to get a guy that can immediately fill that #1 role, instead of a guy that might in a few years.

The Ravens have needed a #1 WR for...oh, well, ever. Even if they got Bolden, they'd still need a #1 guy.

Every team has a primary receiver, but very few teams have a #1 WR...feel me?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

According to the Chiefs Pro Shop, he'll also be "rocking" the Patriot's NOB font.

Side note - how the hell did "rocking" become a synonym for "wearing"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Blame hip-hop...or Brilliams!

With that combination, it's a pretty safe bet you'll have the culprit.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here is a thought. I haveb't heard any talk of this at all, but is there any value in the Lions looking to trade the 2nd first round pick to the Browns for Brady Quinn? I still think personally that Culpepper is a good starter forthe Lions in 2009, and everything i have seen and heard suggests he is up for it. But if the Lions are looking for a QB, is Quinn a better bet than Stafford, and would the Browns let Quinn go for a pick that is pretty similar to were they picked up Quinn originally?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Ravens have needed a #1 WR for...oh, well, ever. Even if they got Bolden, they'd still need a #1 guy.

Every team has a primary receiver, but very few teams have a #1 WR...feel me?

I get what your saying, Boldin isn't a true #1. But what the Ravens really need was for someone to take over for Mason as primary receiver. Mason played a big role last year, but he didn't really have any big plays. He'd be much better suited as the #2 WR. I really think having Boldin, Mason, and Clayton would really help the offense out. Add that McClain and Rice, with the potential of a healthy Todd Heap and L.J. Smith at TE, this could be the best offense Baltimore has seen in a long long time.

I would consider this off season news. The Jets, like most other people, want to get off Long Island for training camp :P. They have chosed SUNY Cortland, where I go to school, to hold their training camp. This will be very interesting, they have no real stars, but it is an NFL team, looks like I will have to come back here over summer to check it out.

saBS.png

Wow...think it's time for people to get used to Torry in teal...

...that oughtta help the Jaggiwars out at reciever for another year or two...possibly even three...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would consider this off season news. The Jets, like most other people, want to get off Long Island for training camp :P. They have chosed SUNY Cortland, where I go to school, to hold their training camp. This will be very interesting, they have no real stars, but it is an NFL team, looks like I will have to come back here over summer to check it out.

Chosed?

The academic standards must not be too high there....

Chosed?

The academic standards must not be too high there....

Sorry, I meant to say chosen.

saBS.png

Archived