NatsTown!

BrySmalls

NatsTown

In recent memory, the Nationals have had the following marketing campaigns in an attempt to generate interest about baseball in the DC Area. The last couple of seasons, the slogans have been these:

2008 - Welcome Home

2007 - Pledge Your Allegiance

2006 - (there might've been one) - Get Your Red On?

Anyway, one of the Insiders for the Washington Post posted a new entry specifying a new (and craptastic!) marketing campaign for the upcoming season called: NatsTown

The new campaign recognizes that every time a Nats fan comes to the ballpark, watches a game, visits the website, dons a Washington Nationals cap, or just checks the score, he or she is entering a Nationals state-of-mind and joining a community of fans in 'NatsTown.'"

Since there's a tepid interest in the Nationals (last year didn't help), one can wonder how far they have to go to develop and entice a fan base to come to Nats Park for games this season unless a popular opposing team comes into town (like the Mets, Cubs, O's, Phillies, Brewers, and Red Sox).

It's an interesting attempt from Nationals marketing but the image provided in the linked PDF is a swing and a miss IMO. For one, they could have included the ballpark in their skyline.

Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Nationals need to market other team's players the way NBA teams used to do when Michael Jordan came to town.

Do you think the offer to Teixeira will help the Nationals out in terms of fans, knowing that Jim Bowden wants to spend moeny, or will he have to spend it first to get the fans on his side?

2005 - Let Yourself Go (MLB)

2006 - Make It Your Pastime (MLB)

2007 - Pledge Your Allegiance (Nats)

2008 - Welcome Home (Nats)

2009 - NatsTown (Nats)

The ad campaign is a complete ripoff of Twins Territory and Red Sox Nation. They need to stop trying to be other teams (ahem...STAN) and just be the Nationals.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

NatsTown

In recent memory, the Nationals have had the following marketing campaigns in an attempt to generate interest about baseball in the DC Area. The last couple of seasons, the slogans have been these:

2008 - Welcome Home

2007 - Pledge Your Allegiance

2006 - (there might've been one) - Get Your Red On?

Anyway, one of the Insiders for the Washington Post posted a new entry specifying a new (and craptastic!) marketing campaign for the upcoming season called: NatsTown

The new campaign recognizes that every time a Nats fan comes to the ballpark, watches a game, visits the website, dons a Washington Nationals cap, or just checks the score, he or she is entering a Nationals state-of-mind and joining a community of fans in 'NatsTown.'"

Since there's a tepid interest in the Nationals (last year didn't help), one can wonder how far they have to go to develop and entice a fan base to come to Nats Park for games this season unless a popular opposing team comes into town (like the Mets, Cubs, O's, Phillies, Brewers, and Red Sox).

It's an interesting attempt from Nationals marketing but the image provided in the linked PDF is a swing and a miss IMO. For one, they could have included the ballpark in their skyline.

Thoughts?

Reminds me of "Twins Territory" the Twins used last year.

LOL! Amateur hour.

Probably cooked up by some leggy marketing major fresh out of some 4-year. And I mean seriously leggy.

Misogynist much?

It's bad design, sure, but I've never found bad taste to be exclusive to a particular gender.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

NatsTown! Baseball's Hooverville.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

LOL! Amateur hour.

Probably cooked up by some leggy marketing major fresh out of some 4-year. And I mean seriously leggy.

Misogynist much?

It's bad design, sure, but I've never found bad taste to be exclusive to a particular gender.

What, men can't be leggy? Get your hate speech out of here. I'm all for gender equality, himbo or bimbo.

The best and always will be, the Angels' slogan of 2002 "The Hunt for Red October" which was unveiled when the Angels unveiled their new colors and uniforms only to win the World Series that year!

it is bad. i mean, the Caps share part owners with the Nats, why dont they borrow some of the Caps marketing people? theyre getting it done. Nats will be good at some point, but itll take some time, and hell with that brand spankin new ballpark they aint going anywhere, and im willing to wait.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think the Nationals need to market other team's players the way NBA teams used to do when Michael Jordan came to town.

Do you think the offer to Teixeira will help the Nationals out in terms of fans, knowing that Jim Bowden wants to spend moeny, or will he have to spend it first to get the fans on his side?

The fact that the Nats decided to pursue Tex was a pure fantasy. I cannot fathom where they would have gotten the money from to pay him unless there was an opt out clause for him in his contract. The amount of money offered could have gone to continuing the development of the minor league players on the farm system, actually signing their first round draft pick (think Aaron Crow), figure out how much they own to arbitration eligible players such as the following:

Ryan Zimmerman: $3.9m Nationals: $2.75m Josh Willingham: $3.5 million Nationals: $2.55 million.

Scott Olsen: $3.5m Nationals: $2.5m

Shawn Hill: 775k Nationals: 500k

And probably invest in a better marketing campaign!!!

2005 - Let Yourself Go (MLB)

2006 - Make It Your Pastime (MLB)

2007 - Pledge Your Allegiance (Nats)

2008 - Welcome Home (Nats)

2009 - NatsTown (Nats)

The ad campaign is a complete ripoff of Twins Territory and Red Sox Nation. They need to stop trying to be other teams (ahem...STAN) and just be the Nationals.

Nats are desperate to draw anyone to their ballpark.

Want to know a sure fire way to bring in fans?

Winning.

Wait, what if they are winning come September and then choke away a playoff opportunity, then what? :P

it is bad. i mean, the Caps share part owners with the Nats, why dont they borrow some of the Caps marketing people? theyre getting it done. Nats will be good at some point, but itll take some time, and hell with that brand spankin new ballpark they aint going anywhere, and im willing to wait.

The Caps will win a Stanley Cup before the Nats become a contender - unless the Nats management become geniuses during the season.

Archived