People in your area that follow teams

TrueYankee26

North Jersey (Newark/Jersey City area)

NFL: Giants, Jets are 2nd. Also a couple Eagles fans.

MLB: Yankees, but quite a few Mets fans here as well. And a few Red Sox bandwagons.

NBA: Nets, but if the Nets move to the Pru Center, interest skyrockets. A few Knicks fans too. And don't forget the bandwagons like the Lakers.

NHL: Devils by far, followed by the Rangers. Never seen 1 Islander fan.

NCAA Football: Rutgers, Notre Dame.

NBAA Basketball: Duke, Seton Hall I guess. Also the St. Peters Peacocks, but interest flagged when Keydren Clark left.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in Racine, WI:

NFL: Packers, a decent amount of Bears fans (less than I like to think, but far more than Pack fans like to think), small pockets of Vikes and Cowboys fans, then the occasional Steelers or Patriots fan. Go west to Burlington, the Cowboy fandom probably shoots way up because of Romo; go north to the Mil, any amount of Bears fans drops like a rock.

MLB: used to be okay to be both a Brewers/Cubs fan, but obviously not anymore. a lot of my friends would argue otherwise, but there's still a good amount of Cubs fans here, a bunch who were either Brewer fans when they sucked or hopped on the bandwagon, and a small smattering of Sox fans (round here, Sox by itself usually means the White kind). I figure there's still a small number of Braves fans here.

NBA: Bucks, Bulls, bandwagon (Lakers mainly, of course, Cavs and Celtics too)

NHL: not much interest in hockey here, really. I figure the Blackhawks might change things if they can keep playing well, though.

College Football: Wisconsin, probably followed by Notre Dame

College Hoops: Badgers again, followed by the Marquette Golden Whats Warriors Golden Avalanche Hilltoppers Golden Eagles

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

MLB- Lots of Rays fans. But there's always the bandwagon Red Sox, and Yankee fans.

NFL- Bucs, mostly. Then probably the Pats, Steelers, and Giants

NHL- Everyone down here that's a fan, is a Lightning fan.

NBA- Not too many, Mostly LA, and Boston. Some Orlando

NCAA- The ongoing battle of UF, and FSU fans. Also some hometown fans that root for USF

Boston area:

Red Sox #1, Patriots #2, Celtics #3, Bruins distant #4 but growing slowly. Not much soccer buzz but mainly Revs fans. College teams are pretty much split thanks to the huge array we have around here with most of the kids (who have no affiliation) and casual fans I know rooting at least casually for BC. In hockey especially though, majorly, majorly split. (BC/BU/NU/Harvard/UMass-Amherst//UMass-Lowell, UNH, Maine, UVM... all over the place)

And the local teams surely do receive less support if they are not winning (except the Red Sox) like anywhere else, but to be honest during those periods I don't really see a lot of other teams' jerseys. Maybe that was more the case when the Patriots sucked, but I can't remember those things from that time. The Celtics, though, I think have too many rivals who are either in this vicinity or are big names (Lakers/Cavs). I still see a fair amount of LeBron jerseys but that has stayed constant. Also, there are some NYC transplants who like those teams so I guess Yankees are #2 in MLB regards.

NHL: Leafs and Wings are about even. The odd Sabres or Sens fan pops up here and there.

MLB: Jays, Tigers. The balance swings toward one or the other depending on who's winning that week.

CFL: Argos.

NFL: Bills, Lions.

NBA: Raptors. Surprisingly not a lot of Pistons fans.

MLS: Toronto FC. Maybe more of them then Raptors fans TBH.

Southern Maryland

NFL: Redskins mostly, then Ravens, Cowboys, Steelers

NBA Wizards prolly

MLB: Orioles, then Nats, Yankees, Red Sox

NHL: Caps, Pens, Flyers, Rangers

College: Maryland, VA Tech, Penn State

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Here it depends on which area of Melbourne you live and probably more where you grew up or your parents grew up. Of course people move but they still follow their club. Generally speaking:

Bayside Suburbs - St Kilda

Western Suburbs - Bulldogs

North Western (sort of) - Essendon

Eastern - Hawthorn

Inner North - Carlton

North Eastern (sort of, but the ferals are everywhere) - Collingwood

Inner East - Richmond

Mt Buller and other Alpine areas - Melbourne

North Melbourne is North Melbourne

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Twin Cities, MN.

MLB- Basically all Twins. Couple Cubs or Sox fans here or there. I think all the Sox fans should move away...

NFL- About 75% Vikings 25% Packers I would say. Those are basically the only 2 teams though. I am a Colts fan. Liked 'em since I was a little kid, and I still like them more than the Vikes.

NBA- Not a ton of NBA fans, but most are T-Wolves.

NHL- Wild, Wild, Wild. That's about it, maybe a teeeeeny bit of Stars fans.

College- Mostly Gophers, some Wisconsin and Iowa fans. Also other smaller colleges like St. Cloud State, Minnesota-Duluth, Minn St. Mankato, North Dakota, etc. Mostly hockey schools.

Soccer- Not much. Some Minnesota Thunder fans, but if people are soccer fans here, they most likely like the foreign teams like Manchester United or Barcalona.

High School- Hockey is HUGE. You guys will know about that later...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I can sum up Atlanta in a couple of words: Bandwagon City. The citizens of Phillips Arena are the most. Let a team come in that's even remotely popular, and their "fans" will show up in droves. So instead of doing examples of home team fandom in the ATL, I will do examples of bandwagon fandom in the ATL:

MLB: The Braves have a pretty strong foothold on their stadium...but if the Mets or Cubs come into town, it's 60/40. Yankees is 50/50. Red Sox is 60/40 in favor of the Sawx (I remember that there was an audible "LET'S GO RED SOX" chant, not when the game was in hand, but in the 3rd freaking innning!) Any other popular team, 80/20 or 70/30 in favor of the Braves. The Brewers used to draw here like :censored:, then they start winning and their fans come out of the woodwork. But for some odd reason, I have yet to see Phillie fans here. Even when they were winning the division 2 years in a row, Phillie Phans are rare to find down here.

NFL: Of course the Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys draw bandwagoners like crazy, that's a given. Those games are 50/50 Same with the 49ers when they're winning, which is 60/40. Hell, you could replace any team with "when they're winning" and plenty of fans will show up with [insert Star Player]'s jersey on. 70/30 at that case. To tell you how bad the Falcons' fanbase was at Week 1, there were plenty of Lions fans in the building. When Lions fans have a chance of outnumbering your fans in your home building, you know your fans are pretty damn apathetic.

HOWEVUH, the city tends to rally around the Falcons whenever they do start winning, and/or leave their bandwagon for the home team. I still remember when the Falcons beat the Steelers here, on the way out, a Steelers' fan threw his jersey in the trash, to reveal a Falcons jersey. Unbelievable.

NBA: Possibly has the worst case. To show you how bad it is, last year, the damn 15 win Heat showed up, and they still had a sizeable fanbase behind them in the crowd simply because of D-Wade. People seriously put their cheering preferences in this order:

1. [insert NBA Star Player]

2. Hawks

3. [insert NBA Star Player's Team]

For the Cavs game, you could hear a pin drop when any Cav but LeBron scored. If LeBron scored, standing ovation. If LeBron DUNKED, the roof came off the building. However, due to The Great Scare of 2008 [a.k.a. Hawks-Celtics, 1st Round of 2007-08 Eastern Conference Playoffs], C's fans are hard to find due to fear of being heckled all the way out of the building. (It may not be a rivalry in the media/Celtics' eyes, but to the fans and the Hawks, there is MUCH contempt towards the C's in Atlanta).

So I say all that to say this: Lakers 60/40, Pistons 55/50, NBA Star Player 70/30 in favor of the Hawks. Anytime else, the attendance either sucks or is just completely a Hawks' arena.

NCAA: I do know this: A UGA football game at GT is basically a neutral site game with all of the Bulldog fans that show up. There are a whole lot of people who believe that they painted the Georgia Dome red and black not for the Falcons, but for UGA. :P

I'll let Drew and/or Hedley deal with the NHL since I'm still new to it...but I know that the same deal applies for the Thrashers: If any winning/popular team shows up in Atlanta, their fans/bandwagoners will come as well. I honestly think that the only team that has some sort of home field/court/ice advantage in Atlanta is, and I see this as very surprising, the Hawks, just because Hawks fans are finally beginning to get the point now that the team is winning, and it also helps that they have one of the best home records in the league. The Falcons are a close second, though. They only lost one game at home last season, but we did a terrible job of filling the dome up as fans.

Tampa Bay area:

MLB - Rays, 35% Red Sox, 25% Yanks

NFL - 70% Buccaneers, 30% Giants/Pats/Jets/Steelers/Eagles

NHL - 70% Lightning, 30% Rangers/Leafs/Habs/Bruins

NBA - ???

NCAA - 45% Gators, 40% Noles, 10% USF, 5% The U

Upstate South Carolina

NCAA: Clemson (with a few scattered Gamecock fans)

MLB: Atlanta Braves - Boston Red Sox (our minor league team is a Red Sox affiliate)

NFL: Carolina Panthers - Atlanta Falcons - Washington Redskins - Pittsburgh Steelers

NBA: Atlanta Hawks - Charlotte Bobcats

NHL: Wuzzuh?

NASCAR!

North Jersey (Newark/Jersey City area)

NFL: Giants, Jets are 2nd. Also a couple Eagles fans.

MLB: Yankees, but quite a few Mets fans here as well. And a few Red Sox bandwagons.

NBA: Nets, but if the Nets move to the Pru Center, interest skyrockets. A few Knicks fans too. And don't forget the bandwagons like the Lakers.

NHL: Devils by far, followed by the Rangers. Never seen 1 Islander fan.

NCAA Football: Rutgers, Notre Dame.

NBAA Basketball: Duke, Seton Hall I guess. Also the St. Peters Peacocks, but interest flagged when Keydren Clark left.

from where i'm at, thats about on target.Thats presuming you find people that even realize hockey exists. I still can't get over the people i have ran into that hasn't got a slightest clue who Sidney Crosby is. in cross examining my co workers these are actual quotes when asked about random hockey questions:

1. Who is Sidney Crosby?

Reply #1: "Wasn't that a character on Melrose Place?"

Reply #2: "A rejected member from AMerican Idol."

Reply #3: "The lead singer from Crosby, Stills and Nash"

2. Who do you watch Rangers or Islanders?

Reply #1: "Who they? Who that?"

Reply #2: "weren't they XFL teams?"

Reply #3: "Sorry but I don't watch the Texas Rangers, and I have no clue what that Islanders team is."

3. Who do you think is better Crosby or Ovechkin?

Reply #1: "ove-what?"

Reply #2: "Crosby man, from Crosby, Stills and Nash"

Reply #3: "Whats an ovechkin? I don't know what that is."

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

In Southern Ontario/GTA

MLB: Number one is definitely the Blue Jays but there's also a lot of bandwagon fans. (A lot Red Sox, some Yankees)

NHL: Leafs are by far the majority. However there are quite a few Habs fans which is disappointing.

NBA: There aren't very many basketball fans that I know of, but all the fans I know root for the Raptors.

NFL: Probably about 50% Bills fans and 50% anyone else.

Soccer: I'm actually surprised at how many soccer fans there are. Lots of Toronto FC fans and also many British team fans.

NCAA: Pretty much a mix with LOTS of bandwagon fans.

My teams are the Leafs, Jays, Raps, Falcons, I don't really follow soccer, and North Carolina (I know bandwagon :P ).

g4104.png

NW Ohio

NFL

- 1. Browns

- 2. Teams that don't suck

- 3. Lions

NHL

- 1. Wings

- 2. Jackets

MLB

- 1. Indians (slightly)

- 2. Tigers

- 3. Yanks

NCAA

- 1. OSU

- 2. Michigan

- 3. ND

NBA

- 1. Pistons

- 2. Cavs

- 3. wagoners

MLS

- 1. Crew

spacer.png

MLB- 55% Sox 45% Cubs, I would say there are a few more White Sox fans than Cubs

NFL- 93% Bears 5% Packers 2% Colts

NBA/NHL- It's pretty much Bulls/Blackhawks or nothing

MLB- Basically all Twins. Couple Cubs or Sox fans here or there. I think all the Sox fans should move away...

Lucky for you, my cousin is a Sox fan, and he is moving away from Minneapolis.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Long Island

MLB- Yankees then Mets. More Met fans on LI than other parts of the NYC area, though

NFL- Split between the Giants and Jets. Might be more Giants after Super Bowl XLII

NHL- Islanders, then Rangers, and a few Devil fans sprinkled in

NBA- Knicks, a few Net fans but I think there's more Laker and Celtic and Cav fans then Nets

NCAA- Really a mixed bag. Football's not really followed here but I'd crown Notre Dame king here. Basketball's a mixed bag. You got plenty of Hofstra fans, but also St. Johns, Duke, UNC, Syracuse, UConn... I guess you can say it's between Duke and UNC for the most (at least in my town). College Lacrosse is another mixed bag, I'd say Hofstra's the most popular team on the island but by town it goes by what guys from your school is playing for whom, like in my part of town it's Princeton but the other it's Hofstra. Then there's also a lot of Cuse and Hopkins and Virginia fans in general as well. I'd still pencil in Hofstra as the king of the lax fanbase around here

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

MLB- 55% Sox 45% Cubs, I would say there are a few more White Sox fans than Cubs

NFL- 93% Bears 5% Packers 2% Colts

NBA/NHL- It's pretty much Bulls/Blackhawks or nothing

Lucky for you, my cousin is a Sox fan, and he is moving away from Minneapolis.

Sweet that makes one less of 'em.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived