CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

So Gothamute and Mac, are you guys technically minority owners of the Green Bay Packers? One of my best friends is a Packers fan so all of this intrigues me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Yeah. I bought my shares in the 1997 offering.

Green Bay Packers, Inc. is unique, at least by many states' standards. It's a non-profit stock corporation, whereas most non-profits have members rather than shareholders. I don't know if it's unique to Wisconsin or not, but I wish we had something similar here where I live, in North Carolina.

The 1950 shareholders got a 1,000:1 stock split in 1997, so if you got in back then you now have 1,000 times the voting power as us "new guys." We vote for the Board of Directors each year (which gave me the privilege several years ago of voting against Bud Selig, who was a director), and they have a big annual shareholders meeting (lately held at Lambeau) each July. The 1997 offering was done to raise money to pay for Lambeau renovations.

nav-logo.png

yeah I really hope they offer it again, in 97 is was only 13 so I couldn't buy any. I heard they were thinking of doing it again to help pay for them adding seating to Lambeau..I hope so!!

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I didn't realize they were still playing the Little World Series.

Hey it's better than something like, "World Champions of AAA".

But you're right, "AAA Champions" would've been better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Forgive my ignorance, but do all Packers shareholders and/or season ticket holders get a ring? How much do they cost? That's pretty dang cool.

Every shareholder/season ticket holder has the option to purchase a ring. Prices range from $400-$2500 depending on what options you want.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

• 2 weeks later...