CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

• 3 weeks later...

No pics yet, but a description of the Cardinals' World Championship rings:

World Series rings have nods to history

For the second time in club history and for the first time to commemorate a World Series championship, the Cardinals' 2011 title rings will feature their distinctive bird-on-a-bat logo.

Cardinals president Bill DeWitt III said the team has finalized the design of the championship rings and that the manufacturer, Jostens, is in the process of acquiring stones and constructing the rings.

"I'm excited about all of the elements that we're bringing together," DeWitt said. "It should be some visual."

The top of the ring will feature a solo bird on a bat, with the bird crafted out of faceted rubies. The bird will be outlined in yellow gold and perched on a bat made of yellow gold, but the rest of the ring will be white gold, DeWitt said. In 2004, the team's National League champion rings were the first in team history to use the bird logo ? like the team's Sunday caps ?on a title ring, and that bird was crafted from a cultured ruby instead of being made of multiple rubies.

Making history is only part of the ring.

Marking history is its theme.

DeWitt described Wednesday how many designs on the ring will be new ? "trailblazing," he said ? while focused on the team's championship past. Some details DeWitt said will be present on the 2011 ring:

? One side panel of the ring will feature the number "11" made out of rubies to signify the 11th championship in club history.

? The other panel will have the team's interlocking "STL" logo in rubies.

? Busch Stadium's Musial Bridge motif will be featured in relief on the ring, and there will be room for the player's name on one side.

? The years of the 10 other championships will be etched on the shank of the ring to give history "a prominence," DeWitt said.

? The phrase "World Champions" will appear on the face of the ring framing the solo bird, but the diamonds will be set behind the letters to create what DeWitt described as "an additional bling factor."

The rings will be presented to players on April 14 at Busch Stadium during a ceremony before the second home game of the regular season. All of the players who appeared in the majors with the Cardinals last season will receive a ring, as will all of the team's living Hall of Fame players and other team officials. There are several versions of the ring, with the same general design, that will also be presented to club employees.

While DeWitt said the team sought to enhance upon the 2006 championship ring design ? which was built around the interlocking "STL" on a baseball diamond made of diamonds ? he also wanted to make sure they could be displayed together.

"I want to be cognizant of the need for them to be different, but also make it possible for them to sit beside each other and share the same qualities," DeWitt said "They're the same size. There are similar touches. There's a nice symbolic thing that (comes from) ... the team's history."

No pics yet, but a description of the Cardinals' World Championship rings:

World Series rings have nods to history

For the second time in club history and for the first time to commemorate a World Series championship, the Cardinals' 2011 title rings will feature their distinctive bird-on-a-bat logo.

Cardinals president Bill DeWitt III said the team has finalized the design of the championship rings and that the manufacturer, Jostens, is in the process of acquiring stones and constructing the rings.

"I'm excited about all of the elements that we're bringing together," DeWitt said. "It should be some visual."

The top of the ring will feature a solo bird on a bat, with the bird crafted out of faceted rubies. The bird will be outlined in yellow gold and perched on a bat made of yellow gold, but the rest of the ring will be white gold, DeWitt said. In 2004, the team's National League champion rings were the first in team history to use the bird logo ? like the team's Sunday caps ?on a title ring, and that bird was crafted from a cultured ruby instead of being made of multiple rubies.

Making history is only part of the ring.

Marking history is its theme.

DeWitt described Wednesday how many designs on the ring will be new ? "trailblazing," he said ? while focused on the team's championship past. Some details DeWitt said will be present on the 2011 ring:

? One side panel of the ring will feature the number "11" made out of rubies to signify the 11th championship in club history.

? The other panel will have the team's interlocking "STL" logo in rubies.

? Busch Stadium's Musial Bridge motif will be featured in relief on the ring, and there will be room for the player's name on one side.

? The years of the 10 other championships will be etched on the shank of the ring to give history "a prominence," DeWitt said.

? The phrase "World Champions" will appear on the face of the ring framing the solo bird, but the diamonds will be set behind the letters to create what DeWitt described as "an additional bling factor."

The rings will be presented to players on April 14 at Busch Stadium during a ceremony before the second home game of the regular season. All of the players who appeared in the majors with the Cardinals last season will receive a ring, as will all of the team's living Hall of Fame players and other team officials. There are several versions of the ring, with the same general design, that will also be presented to club employees.

While DeWitt said the team sought to enhance upon the 2006 championship ring design ? which was built around the interlocking "STL" on a baseball diamond made of diamonds ? he also wanted to make sure they could be displayed together.

"I want to be cognizant of the need for them to be different, but also make it possible for them to sit beside each other and share the same qualities," DeWitt said "They're the same size. There are similar touches. There's a nice symbolic thing that (comes from) ... the team's history."

Well, it sounds a bit busy but I will let the pictures do the talking.

• 3 weeks later...

2007 Anaheim Ducks:

12ringducks2_lg.jpgP1010372.jpgP1010371.jpg

Easily the best Stanley Cup Ring of the last decade. The details are so clever. The green gems on the side representing the Mighty Ducks years, the white gem for the lockout and the orange gems representing the years after the name change. Compare this to the bland monochromatic rings the Hawks and Bruins got

still can't believe these rings are real.

2007 Anaheim Ducks:

12ringducks2_lg.jpgP1010372.jpgP1010371.jpg

Easily the best Stanley Cup Ring of the last decade. The details are so clever. The green gems on the side representing the Mighty Ducks years, the white gem for the lockout and the orange gems representing the years after the name change. Compare this to the bland monochromatic rings the Hawks and Bruins got

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• 2 weeks later...

Oaklahomas Big 12 ring

cowboys_ring.jpg

Awesome ring! But why are the logo and letters inverted?

The ring is upside down. Hard to tell but with intricate detail, but the OSU is facing outward.

Thanks for noticing that. I see the O and U correctly now. Never in the last 11 years of that logo did I notice it looks the same upside down at a distance.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Oaklahomas Big 12 ring

cowboys_ring.jpg

Awesome ring! But why are the logo and letters inverted?

The ring is upside down. Hard to tell but with intricate detail, but the OSU is facing outward.

Thanks for noticing that. I see the O and U correctly now. Never in the last 11 years of that logo did I notice it looks the same upside down at a distance.

almost like the old Phoenix Suns wordmark.

retro_suns_190.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png