Annual Draft Picks' New Unis thread

dwboiler

Is the throwback helmet painted with a non-metallic paint, or it it just the lighting (or lack-thereof)?

Looks that way...I'd say yes if staying true to history like the Vikings did by using their duller-darker purple helmet with their throwbacks last year.

Once again, referencing official specs:

The Purple used in the Vikings' throwbacks was the same as used in the regular unis.

I believe bigdub81 was referring to the difference in finish - the duller purple "appears" darker than the metallic finish the Vikings currently use due to the reflective nature of the finish - much like the current "dazzle"/spandex textiles appear brighter or a different shade than the earlier Sand-Knit type mesh fabric.

Also it's interesting to see the evolution of silver helmet paint between the Raiders' throwback and their current helmet - they are both "metallic" (have to consider any silver paint "metallic") but the modern helmet has either larger "flakes", more brilliant/reflective "flakes", or a combination of the two.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly what we're looking for but still relevant to the thread. Mark Sanchez in a Mets jersey, Jets cap throwing out the first pitch at Citi Field.

capt.7bfff355c2d14108bf9cfdf74e8a237e.marlins_mets_baseball_nyjd103.jpg

There is a guy who doesn't look like he has changed his cap for about 72 hours our so. I am quite liking Mark Sanchez as a guy at the moment. He seems like one of those guys who appreciates he is living the dream. Good luck to him.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is the throwback helmet painted with a non-metallic paint, or it it just the lighting (or lack-thereof)?

Looks that way...I'd say yes if staying true to history like the Vikings did by using their duller-darker purple helmet with their throwbacks last year.

Once again, referencing official specs:

The Purple used in the Vikings' throwbacks was the same as used in the regular unis.

I believe bigdub81 was referring to the difference in finish - the duller purple "appears" darker than the metallic finish the Vikings currently use due to the reflective nature of the finish - much like the current "dazzle"/spandex textiles appear brighter or a different shade than the earlier Sand-Knit type mesh fabric.

Fair enough. My bad.

NFLShop.com has never been this fast to get the numbers. Guess they finally figured out they were losing sales while they jacked around waiting to get the number assignments.

p5917413dt.jpg

Weird thing about the Saints - you seldom see pics of their draftees with jerseys.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Beanie Wells has already changed his number (due to the Cardinals' cuts yesterday) - instead of #36, he'll go with #26. No pics yet.

I'm suprised he's going with #26 instead of trying to get #28 from S Keith Lewis...any significance in #26?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

No pics yet for Miami's rookies. I beleive the press conferences are scheduled for Thursday or Friday to introduce all their rookies. Here are the number assignments according to thier website. I'll try to get pics as soon as they are available.

Sean Smith: 31

Vontae Davis: 24

Pat White: 6

Patrick Turner: 84

Chris Clemons: 30

Andrew Gardner: 63

Brian Hartline: 82

John Nalbone: 86

JD Folsom: 59

Nice to see that the WR will be wearing traditional WR numbers!

BwZsPH2.jpg

No pics yet for Miami's rookies. I beleive the press conferences are scheduled for Thursday or Friday to introduce all their rookies. Here are the number assignments according to thier website. I'll try to get pics as soon as they are available.

Sean Smith: 31

Vontae Davis: 24

Pat White: 6

Patrick Turner: 84

Chris Clemons: 30

Andrew Gardner: 63

Brian Hartline: 82

John Nalbone: 86

JD Folsom: 59

Nice to see that the WR will be wearing traditional WR numbers!

This one's gon' be REAL interesting.

If memory serves me correctly, so long as the Dolphins list him as a QB, he can keep the single-digit #, right? But, I think most of us know what'll end up coming out of him..and I for one am actually amped up to see what's gon come of Miami's wildcat this year and beyond (which is funny considering no part of me is a Dolfan thanks to my uncle).

On an entirely different note...has anyone else noticed "6" has been the en vogue QB number for at least the past two or three years now? First Jay Cutler and the one cat from Clemson (both of were #6 while in college), now to Mark Sanchez and Pat White (and I know I'm missing a few). All this after not having seen a prominent #6 QB in the NFL since, who, Bubby Brister???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Eagles

01-05JCMback.JPG

McCoy-29

Ingram-88

Harris-35

Peters-71

th_LMcCoy_Jersey.png

Other new comers:

Ellis Hobbs - 37

Stacy Andrews - 76

Leonard Weaver - 43

Sean Jones - 26

So the newly-signed Stacy Andrews has already gone through a number change - 71 to 76.

I hope McCoy is able to change before the season starts - 29 is just kind of an ugly number for a running back. I hope Booker gives up 25, or someone with a cooler number gets cut.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Still no photos for the RedBirds...

26 - Chris "Beanie" Wells

52 - Cody Brown

41 - Rashad Johnson

32 - Greg Toler

76 - Herman Johnson

59 - Will Davis

36 - LaRod Stephens-Howling

60 - Trevor Canfield

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

here are the cowboys' rookie numbers

79 Brewster, Robert

18 Buehler, David

57 Butler, Victor

36 Hamlin, Michael

55 Hodge, Stephen

87 Johnson, Manuel

7 McGee, Stephen

33 Mickens, Mike

89 Phillips, John

31 Smith, DeAngelo

59 Williams, Brandon