Allen Americans

Dilbert

Well, they could have picked a less dumb name.

As for the logo, drop the swooshing puck, the shield, and the name across the top, and you've got an interesting jersey crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Instantly made me think of American Gladiators.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nothing is perfect, but this is decent. As others have said some elements are unnecessary. I think just the beveled A would look great on a jersey by itself.

Note to minor league teams: You do not need to include a ball or puck in your logo. People will pick up on it and associate your good logo with your sport.

Whatever it is, I just wish somebody had it on a plain white background! (I'd think the CHL would officially announce on their website by now, but they're likely putting it off until after their Championship Series is played so as not to distract attention)

bYhYmxh.png

Too much bevel, indeed. But whatever my tastes, bevel is the new black. Where this logo fails is that it gets the bevel wrong, with multiple colors of shading that don't match on like facets. Bevels I can live with. Technically poor bevels, on the other hand, transcend mere aesthetic preference in their badness. And really, my sixth-grade art class learned the fundamentals of shading and direction, so bevels that don't match facets aren't even amateurish, since an amateur isn't likely to get it wrong.

As to the rest of the logo, meh. Are Americans really that pointy? Thing looks like it would hurt to touch. It looks more like a ninja throwing star than an American symbol; it says "I will cut you!" more than "We are Americans" to me. It's not a bad logo, and I suspect it would look good on a jersey, but I just don't think it communicates an identity that matches the team name.

20082614447.png

Almost embarassed to admit that it took going back and looking at it a few times to realize that the A also formed a star. So my original reaction was thumbs down all the way, but now if you take away the puck at the bottom I think it's OK.

And instead of American Gladiator, my first thought was it looked like the crest that might be on Captain Kirk's shirt in the upcoming Star Trek movie.

Archived