Mets and Braves wearing color vs color

BBM

Mets and Braves are playing an afternoon game today, Mets in black and Braves in navy blue. It's almost hard to distinguish. I really hate when team do this, especially if they are similar colors.

(no pics yet, game just started).

although what does look nice is a marquee player (david wright) in stirrups!

wrightstirrups.jpg

sorry for the eh image. i took it on my phone while i was home for lunch.

speculation on my part: the mets seemed to have a system going the last few years with the uni set (snow whites on mon-thurs with black hats, fri black alternates, saturday snow whites with blue hats and sunday pinstripes. they followed this early in the season) but i'm thinking they may be a team that has gone to letting the starting pitchers pick the uni. the mets wore the blacks when niese made his first start of the season last friday and won. so maybe niese wanted to wear the blacks and braves only had the navys for this series (they wore them the previous two games also). either that or charlie samuels is the superstitious one.

sig2024.png

Atlanta wore grey two times I can remember this season, on the road against Pitt who was in black and once vs. the Nationals.

It's retarded that they have adapted the navy blue alternates as the new roads...because the difference between their home look and their road look is way too drastic!! different hats. detailed shirt with piping to a non detail shirt with zero piping and nothing but blue and white...not to mention the fact the tomohawk is black on the alternates.

the Braves uniforms are all out of whack! It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

the shirts and hat appear nearly black! and the blue bp uniforms and coach jackets are a completely different shade of blue than their road uniforms. My dad calls them the batman unis

Atlanta wore grey two times I can remember this season, on the road against Pitt who was in black and once vs. the Nationals.

It's retarded that they have adapted the navy blue alternates as the new roads...because the difference between their home look and their road look is way too drastic!! different hats. detailed shirt with piping to a non detail shirt with zero piping and nothing but blue and white...not to mention the fact the tomohawk is black on the alternates.

the Braves uniforms are all out of whack! It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

the shirts and hat appear nearly black! and the blue bp uniforms and coach jackets are a completely different shade of blue than their road uniforms. My dad calls them the batman unis

The tomahawk is navy. There is absolutely no black on the Braves' uniforms.

I can understand why people would think that it's black...but dude, that is navy, guaranteed.

With that said, 2 times in one week, the Braves have helped to commit my #1 pet peeve in baseball uniforms: 2 teams wear dark colored unis in the same game. It's easier because it's the day, bu it's still annoying.

Someone said before that the Braves are the new Astros, and it is absolutely true. At least they are not wearing the navy alternate at home. Let us not forget 2007 when the Rockies wore that black 'Colorado' vest nearly every day for the last few months of the season and in the playoffs.

Okay, time for the new rule to finally be added:

- Only 1 team can wear a colored alternate in a game. Home team has first choice (maybe, maybe, allow the road team a choice for 1 game in a series of 3 or 4 games.)

I don't mind seeing a game of blue vs red or red vs black or some lighter color vs a darker color, every once in a while, but if it means NOT having to see to almost exact, and sometimes exact, color vs color, then I'll happily go without seeing those that aren't as bad. But this has got to stop. It's ridiculous. So what if it's less of an actual game issue than with the other sports where you really need to be able to tell them apart for the sake of the game. This just looks like crap.

haha, i gaurantee you the tomohawk is black! they made the tomohawk black on the red alternates to commemorate the original Braves look...and did the same for the new navy jersey. I remember the commentators talking about it, and i know you would say they were wrong but I know they knew what they were talking about.

haha, i gaurantee you the tomohawk is black! they made the tomohawk black on the red alternates to commemorate the original Braves look...and did the same for the new navy jersey. I remember the commentators talking about it, and i know you would say they were wrong but I know they knew what they were talking about.

Jair%20Jurrjens%20AP%20Tom%20Mihalek.jpg

look at the color reflection difference right there.

It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

Idle musing: could the Packers make white pants with white jerseys work? Would that be too Bears-y, now that the Bears are going with the all-whites full-time now? I think it might work, and differentiate between the two sets a little more, if nothing else: gold/green/gold/green is great at home, but then the road is just gold/white/gold/green. Maybe white striped socks. I dunno. Something ought to change. Never liked the Packers' roads. Totally off-topic, though.

Anyway, the Braves have always worn navy blue in this kit, and the tomahawk looks black on the alternate because it's different fabric than the shirt itself. There's no black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wait, I thought Atlanta's blue was more of a royal blue? Now they wear navy all the time? I'm confused.

Braves haven't worn royal blue since the mid-1980s. Their caps and any trim (and the current road alts) have been closer to navy than royal blue since they went back to tomahawks on the unis in 1987.

Wait, I thought Atlanta's blue was more of a royal blue? Now they wear navy all the time? I'm confused.

Braves haven't worn royal blue since the mid-1980s. Their caps and any trim (and the current road alts) have been closer to navy than royal blue since they went back to tomahawks on the unis in 1987.

Oh OK. Because when I look at them on Chris Creamer's page, they look royal blue. I don't watch baseball much outside of the Rangers, an AL team, so I wouldn't know.

It is like if the Packers started to wear plain white jerseys with no piping and green pants on the road or something!! absolutely terrible!

Idle musing: could the Packers make white pants with white jerseys work?

No.

Would that be too Bears-y, now that the Bears are going with the all-whites full-time now?

The Bears are stupid for the all-marshmallow look. (Other reasons too, but let's not get off-topic.)

Packers-2.png

Archived