New Twins Wordmark

no97

I've updated my Twins' 4.1 sig if anyone's interested:

AL_Minnesota.png

As you might have guessed, the logo in the new sig is my favorite of the new bunch, but they're all fine updates of their previous look. The jury's still out on the unis themselves though; I'll just have to see them in action before I make up my mind.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at that logo, the less I like it. Seems like there's a lot there that isn't really necessary. You could whittle it down to MINNESOTA over the baseball/wordmark and it'd be fine. Free-floating word. No ring necessary.

like this:

twins1copy.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the new logo it's very much an upgrade in my opinion. After looking at for a few hours, though I realized something about it was bugging me. The way "Minnesota" and "Baseball Club" are placed in the circle are equally centered within the design but they both look cramped at the edges because of the Twins wordmark. I adjusted this to my liking and I think just these subtle changes could make this almost perfect.The actual logo is on the left and my version is on the right.

TWINSNEWLOGO.png

Sorry it's been awhile...Personally, I'm a big fan of the improvements to the roads and the cap...only things I would change are make the retro home jersey the regulars and the "Minnie and Paul shake hands across the river" logo the primary.

But other than that, excellent job! (Though what's with the whole "Baseball Club" trend coming back anyway? Is it as opposed to the Minnesota Twins Fraternal Lodge Organization?)

bYhYmxh.png

By looking at what's been revealed so far, the Twins seem to be on route to perfection. I love the updated ball/script logos and I also love the new shaking hands logo. All teams should do like the Twins.
I agree. I like when teams like the Twins, Falcons and Cardinals simply take what they already had and just make minor, but noticeable, improvements.

Fair enough, I thought the tweaks may work but I was also playing around with the "Baseball Club" aspect as well. I also took out the grey dropshadow for this one.

The off-center text is much, much worse than the real thing. Change it to "EST 1961" and center it, and you'd have a candidate.

I still wouldn't vote for it, though, since the Twins are not one of the franchises that pretends it didn't exist prior to its most recent relocation. Which is why you'd be better off using a sequence of numbers, such as 1901 1961. Throw three stars or three little white flags on there, one before, between, and after those dates, and you'd have something more sensibly reflective of team history.

20082614447.png

Was just browsing the Twins website and reading the writeup on the uniform / logo unveiling, and for some stupid reason, decided to glance at the user comments. This idiot made me laugh:

LOL.Good one TwinsBleeder. I always knew A-Roid was a d0uch3b@g. And whydon't the Yankees (Yankoffs) allow facial hair? Why? Please NYY tell me why because that's just plain idiotic. I'm 16 and I have a :censored:ing mustache for Christ's sake. The Yankees are a total joke. Meanwhile,the Twins rock and our players are much classier than those NYY scum. Foff Yankees and their idiot fans. Well I'm done ranting for now. Byeall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 months later...

I am pretty sure the nameplates are gone from the homes! Right now (Sunday @ 8:50 PM CST) on their website, a photo shows it...see the third "dot" on the homepage (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com)+

About time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am pretty sure the nameplates are gone from the homes! Right now (Sunday @ 8:50 PM CST) on their website, a photo shows it...see the third "dot" on the homepage (http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com)+

About time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/photo?photoId=2492579&team=min

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/photo?photoId=2492647&team=min

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I didn't see anything on here with the new jerseys, so I took this on MLB The Show 10

S7300995.jpg

I was choosing random teams and saw this. I really like the direction that the Twins are going. Their primary logo is tweaked just enough to be near perfection, and I really like both their sets.

Right or wrong, no nameplates on the home jerseys is really going to take some getting used to after 23 years, especially since the lower priced replica jerseys have not used them, having the effect of no nameplates looking "cheap" to my eye when looking for clues to a jersey being authentic.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The Twins are still wearing their gray pinstripe pants for Spring Training. I guess they are just waiting for the regular season to break out the new road pants.

When they made the 1987 overhaul, I could not wait to see what they'd look like. With no internet I had not seen anything prior to the regular season. I could not wait to see spring training for the new uniforms. The only jersey they ever wore that spring (that I saw, anyway) was their 1986 batting practice. Don't know why. Maybe to keep 'em secret? That would not be the reason for the road pants now, though.

POTD (Shared)

Right or wrong, no nameplates on the home jerseys is really going to take some getting used to after 23 years, especially since the lower priced replica jerseys have not used them, having the effect of no nameplates looking "cheap" to my eye when looking for clues to a jersey being authentic.

At least now the players on the field won't be wearing uniforms that look cheap thanks to dropping the horrid practice of slapping solid nameplates onto pinstriped jerseys

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Twins are still wearing their gray pinstripe pants for Spring Training. I guess they are just waiting for the regular season to break out the new road pants.

When they made the 1987 overhaul, I could not wait to see what they'd look like. With no internet I had not seen anything prior to the regular season. I could not wait to see spring training for the new uniforms. The only jersey they ever wore that spring (that I saw, anyway) was their 1986 batting practice. Don't know why. Maybe to keep 'em secret? That would not be the reason for the road pants now, though.

The Phillies did this in 1992. They played the whole pre season in maroon, and then on opening day, they wore their maroon BP uniforms during pre-game (though they were wearing bright red cleats) and there was a "parade" down broad street where the Phanatic had a big chest that contained the new uniforms. His car came on to the field, they opened the chest, and the players got their new unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived