New Twins Wordmark

no97

I predictt they will wear the red hats w/ navy bill at home and the navy hats on the roadd. I like the red hat, just not when it's worn every single home game. As for the roads, I am very anxious to see what they come up with. What our your guys' thoughts on the pinstripes on the roads?

The Twins only wear the red hat on Saturday home games with the 1982 throwbacks. They did bring the red hats back a few years ago as an alt hat but this season is the most they've been worn.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pinstripes ditched-but I also don't want to replace a jersey.

I know what your saying about the red hat. Trust me, I know, I watch almost every game. What I meant was I don't want them to wear ed hats evry game next year when they switch.

I got ya. I watch a lot games too. The worst thing I saw with the red hat was a few years ago when Johan Santana made his rare pick of wearing the blue alt and he picked the red hat:

CyYoungSantana.jpg

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Here are some recent shots from the Twins site:

twins1-1.jpgtwins2-1.jpg

On a side note, I really like the limestone on the dugout top.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Here are some recent shots from the Twins site:

twins1-1.jpgtwins2-1.jpg

On a side note, I really like the limestone on the dugout top.

Yep, that limestone does look good. The entire outside of the stadium is covered in Minnesota rock, it looks awesome. The script still looks pretty good, especially with that close up on the dugout.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

That's the coolest dugout EVER.

Raises the question: How did they manage to build a new ballpark in Washington, DC, and not clad the dugouts in limestone like a monument?

The more construction photos I see, the more the new Twins ballpark looks like the Minnesota History Center. Seems like that lovely limestoney aesthetic is becoming a signature regional architectural style.

20082614447.png

Raises the question: How did they manage to build a new ballpark in Washington, DC, and not clad the dugouts in limestone like a monument?

The more construction photos I see, the more the new Twins ballpark looks like the Minnesota History Center. Seems like that lovely limestoney aesthetic is becoming a signature regional architectural style.

The Washington Nationals are aesthetically challenged, in all aspects.

I agree about the Twins park, it's looking better and better. It's about time they play in a nice venue.

Because, and you would know quite well, the owners "couldn't afford it" with their $3 billion income, and there was hardly enough time to put the whole stadium together.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

This has a chance to be the best looking new ballpark since PNC opened.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The entire outside of the stadium is covered in Minnesota rock, it looks awesome.

They have a mural of Bob Mould and Paul Westerberg? That is awesome.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I tip my cap to the Nats for building a modern stadium, but wag my finger for missing an awesome opportunity. for years, i envisioned a ballpark that fit in with the other monuments. statues in the park, columns everywhere, balconies serving as presidential/important folk boxes. Its the only sports arena that could look like a monument inside and out. Not only bad on the field...

Well there's still hope that they'll come to their senses and spruce up the TC so that it looks as good as it ought to, I mean it's not as if it's etched in stone or anyth

AW GOD DAMN IT

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived