New Twins Wordmark

no97

Maybe they'll use a white cap or at least a white front panel (like Mauer's helmet) to help that logo pop like it does on the dugout... ok, never mind. Looks like the cap is staying put, too. Not surprising, since their last attempt to change it ultimately didn't work out.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they'll use a white cap or at least a white front panel (like Mauer's helmet) to help that logo pop like it does on the dugout... ok, never mind. Looks like the cap is staying put, too. Not surprising, since their last attempt to change it ultimately didn't work out.

the easiest and best looking solution to fix the TC cap would be to put a white outline around the red C. Or they could just ditch it altogether and go with the superior underlined M hat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The entire outside of the stadium is covered in Minnesota rock, it looks awesome.

They have a mural of Bob Mould and Paul Westerberg? That is awesome.

Prince is on the mural too. However, they haven't figured out whether to use "Prince" or "[iNSERT UNPRONOUNCABLE SYMBOL HERE]" on the plaque identifying the artists.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As far as the caps go, I'd like to see them keep wearing the blue TC cap at home and a blue TC cap with a red bill on the road. That's what their current BP cap is, and I think, minus the little side panel thingys, it's rather sharp.

I don't think the "M" cap was ever embraced by the fans and, even with the World Series wins behind it, would not be missed if it were dropped entirely. You simply never, ever see anyone wearing one around town.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The entire outside of the stadium is covered in Minnesota rock, it looks awesome.

Prince is on the mural too. However, they haven't figured out whether to use "Prince" or "[iNSERT UNPRONOUNCABLE SYMBOL HERE]" on the plaque identifying the artists.

Prince went back to being "Prince" a long time ago.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the easiest and best looking solution to fix the TC cap would be to put a white outline around the red C. Or they could just ditch it altogether and go with the superior underlined M hat.

Agreed about the M cap, but that's not going to happen, so best to focus on the TC logo. My preference would be to make the TC entirely white, with a red outline. (Or for switching to a red cap with a blue bill, and a blue TC outlined in white.)

To be fair, though, before moving to Minnesota the franchise consistently had some of the lowest-contrast, hardest-to-see cap logos in baseball, so this is a problem the team has been failing to grapple with for the better part of a century. Lots of red on blue with no outline or too-thin outlines in Senators history. Can't blame the current management too much for failing to solve a problem that's been dogging the organization for so long.

20082614447.png

As far as the caps go, I'd like to see them keep wearing the blue TC cap at home and a blue TC cap with a red bill on the road. That's what their current BP cap is, and I think, minus the little side panel thingys, it's rather sharp.

I don't think the "M" cap was ever embraced by the fans and, even with the World Series wins behind it, would not be missed if it were dropped entirely. You simply never, ever see anyone wearing one around town.

I saw someone wearing an "M" logo cap once. Come to find out he was a business traveler who went to Mall of America and got the hat as a souvenir.

I think there's something about interlocking letters that seems very baseball, regardless of the actual design--of course, this is coming from someone that has 3 TC hats. I too wouldn't mind a switch to a single color for the letters, something like this:

twins.jpg

I think a switch to the light navy color of caps worn by the Indians, Brewers, and Dodgers might look nice with the Twins blue jerseys. The current dark navy (of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Braves) doesn't quite match the blue on the jersey. Or course, maybe it's just the Metrodome lighting.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Agreed about the M cap, but that's not going to happen, so best to focus on the TC logo. My preference would be to make the TC entirely white, with a red outline. (Or for switching to a red cap with a blue bill, and a blue TC outlined in white.)

To be fair, though, before moving to Minnesota the franchise consistently had some of the lowest-contrast, hardest-to-see cap logos in baseball, so this is a problem the team has been failing to grapple with for the better part of a century. Lots of red on blue with no outline or too-thin outlines in Senators history. Can't blame the current management too much for failing to solve a problem that's been dogging the organization for so long.

Why not, when it's so easy to change? It's not like an accounting problem or technical problem where each year that it's let go makes it harder to correct. The prior years of poor-contrasting design don't make it any harder for them to simply order up a recolored logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Understood, but the symbol is also an important part of his heritage. Thus the indecision.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Understood, but the symbol is also an important part of his heritage. Thus the indecision.

Love Symbol #2

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Love Symbol #2

Could they simply not use this as the cap logo, thereby eliminating all this hysteria?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Too bad he hasn't gone back to being totally awesome. Sign O the Times was the most recent Prince album I really loved.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seems I'm a rare breed: a Twins fan who still regularly wears the "M" road cap. I personally hope the road and home caps don't change, though I wouldn't be opposed to an aesthetic tweaking of the TC logo.

I'm not against the M cap. I actually like it. The ONLY reason I don't wear it often is because it is a little tight. I really want to get a bigger one, but I don't feel like spending $35 on something I already have.

Seems I'm a rare breed: a Twins fan who still regularly wears the "M" road cap. I personally hope the road and home caps don't change, though I wouldn't be opposed to an aesthetic tweaking of the TC logo.

I'm not against the M cap. I actually like it. The ONLY reason I don't wear it often is because it is a little tight. I really want to get a bigger one, but I don't feel like spending $35 on something I already have.

Have you popped it? Put the back of the cap over your foot, and give the brim a quick tug or three. It'll loosen the cap right up and if it's a wool one, soak it in hot water and wear it for the rest of the day until dry. Perfect fit, every time.

And if it's not a wool, do it anyway. I did it to my Giants cap that was a little tight, and now it's just right.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I much prefer the underlined 'm' It matches the primary logo. I get a bit annoyed looking at the 'C' in the 'TC' because it looks like the Reds 'C'

I saw, I came, I left.

Thats a shame. It my favorite hat that they have.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Does anybody else see a resemblance between the edges of the T in the "TC" logo and the new S? The ends of the new S look to closer resemble the T, just sayin...

Yes, someone did notice. 73 posts ago in this thread. :P

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...t&p=1168004

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived