NBA offseason 09/10 thread

buzzcut

A person with the knowledge of the negotiations says the Detroit Pistons have agreed in principle to contracts with free agents Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva

The person spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday night on the condition of anonymity because NBA rules prohibit teams from announcing free agent signings until next week.

Gordon, the third pick in the 2004 draft by the Chicago Bulls, agreed to a 5-year deal for at least $50 million. He was the Bulls' top scorer the past four years and became an unrestricted free agent after the season. Chicago officials had said bringing him back next year was a top priority.

The 26-year-old Gordon averaged 20.7 points during the regular season before scoring 24.3 points during the playoffs when the Bulls lost to the Celtics in seven games.

Villanueva, the seventh overall pick by Toronto in 2005 who has played the last three of his NBA season with the Milwaukee Bucks, also agreed to a five-year deal. His contract is worth at least $35 million.

Villanueva averaged 16.2 points and 6.7 rebounds last season for the Bucks.

Wow, the Pistons are definitely making the most out of all that cap space. Good moves on their part.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So where's Iverson going to? I know he hasn't been amazing the past two years, but for a former MVP, his demand is non-existent. I've heard that Charlotte might pick him up, which makes sense, because Larry Brown's still there.

Actually, that's what makes it make absolutely no sense. LB left Philadelphia because of AI. He tried to (and thought that he had) trade AI.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So where's Iverson going to? I know he hasn't been amazing the past two years, but for a former MVP, his demand is non-existent. I've heard that Charlotte might pick him up, which makes sense, because Larry Brown's still there.

Did you see what he did to the Pistons?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I blame the GM for that one.

I never understood that move...for as long as I been watching the Pistons (I'm sort of a pseudo-fan of them since I actually got to go to a game two or three years ago with a friend of mine from the Detroit area--plus I love their uniforms), they've been more of a grind-it-out defensive squad (more so with Big Ben, less so without) with more of a basic fundamental offensive style--not exactly conducive to AI's game (or vice-versa, I guess). It just seemed as if AI never really go comfortable in that system.

But yeah...it'll be interesting to see where he goes next. And if he and Larry Brown can "patch" things up, I wouldn't really see it as being a bad move. Hell, Charlotte's close enough to VA, where AI's from anyway, so I'm sure that would entice him a little bit more than a little bit. And, it might bring a lil' bit more notoriety to the Bobcats franchise...having a name on their squad that casual fans actually recognize.

(But then...I'm nowhere near an expert on these types of matters. Just throwing out my two little rusted Lincolns here.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Los Angeles Clippers have traded Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies for Quentin Richardson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4301324

Q goes from the Knicks, to the Grizzlies, to the Clippers... That's a coast-to-coast crapfest if ever I've heard one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Los Angeles Clippers have traded Zach Randolph to the Memphis Grizzlies for Quentin Richardson

Q goes from the Knicks, to the Grizzlies, to the Clippers... That's a coast-to-coast crapfest if ever I've heard one.

Indeed.

But you got to admit, he gets an upgrade with each trade. Goes from playing with nobody (unless you want to count David Lee) to OJ Mayo/Rudy Gay to Blake Griffin/Baron Davis.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

and the Pistons have now acquired a streaky shooter who turns it over a lot...and a streaky shooter who often allows marginal PFs to put up Barkley numbers. Add to that...the starting center for your Detroit Pistons...Kwame Brown.

ooooh, i'm weally scared! :rolleyes:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Indeed.

But you got to admit, he gets an upgrade with each trade. Goes from playing with nobody (unless you want to count David Lee) to OJ Mayo/Rudy Gay to Blake Griffin/Baron Davis.

Wait--isn't Randolph going from the Clippers to the Grizz???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

oh no, a really good defender and personal screw-up coached by Phil Jackson. This'll never work!

I'd rather have Trevor Ariza <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

oh no, a really good defender and personal screw-up coached by Phil Jackson. This'll never work!

I'd rather have Trevor Ariza <_<

lol, so you'd rather have some guy who for what we all know is basically benefiting from being around Kobe to a guy who is arguably the best defensive player in the NBA with a coach who has been known to coach guys like Artest. Yeah that makes so much sense.

First reported by CBS Sports, Ron Artest to sign with the Lakers

Not at all happy with this. Not in the least bit. NO.

Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Fisher, and now...Artest!! How can the Lakers keep signing big names like this?! Where's this so-called salary cap?! :cursing:

Oh well; that leaves no one on the Rockets that I really dislike, and gives me yet another reason to hate Ron Artest.

Archived