NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that the Jazz are planning an update to their court. He says they're going with the stain look that Toronto & Phoenix have with light blue key boxes. I know this is a "Logo/Uniform" thread, but does anyone know if there's any validity to this gossip?

ujsignature.png

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that the Jazz are planning an update to their court. He says they're going with the stain look that Toronto & Phoenix have with light blue key boxes. I know this is a "Logo/Uniform" thread, but does anyone know if there's any validity to this gossip?

I have no idea, but that sounds like an awesome design. The Jazz seem to have very static courts. It would be a good change. Any chance the "Note Logo" will be featured?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I have a sibling who works for the Jazz and they haven't mentioned anything about this. If I had to pick from the following two looks though, I'd still pick the Jazz court.

JazzCourt.gif

content_0708court.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Ok, so I emailed my brother and he confirmed the rumor is true. These were his words.....

They are resanding the court down and relacquering it as well. I am pretty sure they will put the new music note jazz symbol in the middle of the court as well to replace the old jazz symbol.

And for the record, I hope they use the original music note and not the crappy modified one they started using last year.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I heard from various sources that the Orlando Magic will have a black w/ white(possibly silver) pinstripes alternate jersey. Not sure if it will be for the 2009-2010 or 2010-2011 season, depends when they put in the submission to the NBA. Most likely will be for the 2010-2011 season, also will be their first year in the new arena.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

I heard from various sources that the Orlando Magic will have a black w/ white(possibly silver) pinstripes alternate jersey. Not sure if it will be for the 2009-2010 or 2010-2011 season, depends when they put in the submission to the NBA. Most likely will be for the 2010-2011 season, also will be their first year in the new arena.

thatd be a nice addition to the jerseys they have now

and hopefully they dont change them in like 4 years

twolves may bring back a black uni which is like the exact colors they had before the logo update just a new look

they need a damn green alt jersey imo, not black...

also, Atticus, the Magic can't get that black uni till 2010-11, but i agree that it'll be a nice addition to their package.

twolves may bring back a black uni which is like the exact colors they had before the logo update just a new look

they need a damn green alt jersey imo, not black...

also, Atticus, the Magic can't get that black uni till 2010-11, but i agree that it'll be a nice addition to their package.

Same with Minnesota. We won't be seeing new alternates from either of these teams this coming season.

Ok, so I emailed my brother and he confirmed the rumor is true. These were his words.....
They are resanding the court down and relacquering it as well. I am pretty sure they will put the new music note jazz symbol in the middle of the court as well to replace the old jazz symbol.

And for the record, I hope they use the original music note and not the crappy modified one they started using last year.

I agree. The original note is ten times better. Do you know if there will be new uniforms in the near future? Just curious.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

The Nets wear the Dr. J unis as throwbacks a few times a year. They did so most famously during the 2003 Finals, against fellow ex-ABA club San Antonio (who, sadly, wore their normal uniforms).

001289134.jpg

I think this uni still looks spectacular. The only problem arises from the fact that the original shorts had 2 stars. But today's shorts are long enough that there ought to be 3 stars on there to keep the pattern flowing.

During the Kidd/Martin years, I used to see here in New York plenty of kids wearing this jersey, and also fashion jerseys modelled on it, in red and in grey.

I agree. Just make some Detroit Pistons style tweaks and wear it full time.

But at the very least, I'd like to see all of the former ABA teams have an ABA-era alt that they can wear when they play each other.

I sent an email to the Rockets website, they confirmed a new alternate for upcoming season.

Really? That's strange, unless they plan on having an alternate incorporating their old colors (a la the Mavs), which might help to explain what we've been hearing about them bringing back the yellow. And if they're thinking of putting out a silver alt, then they damn well better make it like those two New Jersey had a few years back, rather than all shiny and blinding like the failed Dallas ones.

Pardon the Paint slop, but I would like to see something along these lines assuming the 2-tone stain is the way they go:

utaconcept.png

ujsignature.png

I would like to see the Jazz go back to using purple. That's what I'd like to see.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Aren't the Nets supposed to be moving to Brooklyn? I thought that when Jay-Z took over ownership, his intention was to build a new arena there to house the team. If my memory serves me correct, weren't they going to be called the Brooklyn Knights? I thought I saw a website for it a little while ago...could be wrong though.

Wow, you're right about the Knights name. Looks like at the following site has a silhouette of the current Nets logo and something else with a horse head outline. I sure as heck hope it doesn't look like the old Pistons logo. :P

Brooklyn Knights

You'd think they could come up with a better name than the KNIGHTS. I kind of like the idea of bringing back the Dodgers name but I don't think that's possible, who knows........

What I want to know is why they're even changing the name...has there been that little fan support for the Nets over the years? Yeah, there hasn't been much support, but THAT LITTLE? Isn't this something that would really bug the faithful who remember their years as ABA champions with Dr. J, when they were actually in New York?

And Knights is not the worst name in the world, but something about the "Brooklyn Knights" sounds kind of odd to me. It almost reminds me of British Knights shoes :P.

I do not want to post multiple links for one subject, but for any interested person in relocation for North American teams or what municipalities want to do, please look here weekly, as this is the best site which complies North American stories.

If you are ever concerned about relocation go here!

BBTV is correct in talking about this relocation mess. If you are on line to post here, you can look up news, even if you are 14.

As far as jerseys, i would like to see the Hawks in red, and I hope that the Jazz makes a singular tone for their court and not the lighter area within the 3 point arch and the key. Make it one and have the "paint" BE THE "PAINT"!

Archived