NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

To me from what I can see that Bobcats uni is a massive upgrade IMO. Yes it's a bit cliche with the pinstripes and their originals were unique, but damn they look so clean in comparison. I'm loving what I see so far.

Wait, let me guess, the road unis are going to be...BLUE!! Just like 18 other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

So were the ones last year. So that doesn't make a difference. I bet there will be an orange alt.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me from what I can see that Bobcats uni is a massive upgrade IMO. Yes it's a bit cliche with the pinstripes and their originals were unique, but damn they look so clean in comparison. I'm loving what I see so far.

Wait, let me guess, the road unis are going to be...BLUE!! Just like 18 other teams in the league. :rolleyes:

So were the ones last year. So that doesn't make a difference. I bet there will be an orange alt.

Orange was still their primary road uniform, they just wore the alternates more often.

And there won't be any new alt until at least the 2011-12 season.

The Bobcats are sure do like to follow these current NBA design trends. The pinstripes and blue road jerseys fit in great with the rest of the uniforms in the past few years. They have a stained paintless court too, right? I'm guessing pinstripes will go back out of style (just like teal and purple in the MLB) in a few years. I just hope that either the Magic or Hornets keep them for the long run because pinstripes can look good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Orange was still their primary road uniform, they just wore the alternates more often.

And there won't be any new alt until at least the 2011-12 season.

They wore the blue on the road for probably ~95% of their games. It may not have been "official", but the orange was phased out last year. I do wish they would have kept it more prominent though.

quote name='$teauA' date='Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 - 15:31:55' post='1204957']

Bobcatsuni.jpg

Guessing with Ellington in a blank jersey, possibly a leak from the 2009 Rookie Photo shoot? Looks like it was shown on the local news (Im guessing Charlotte)"

Um what? You meant to say Henderson.

I found another pic

ENLARGE_01Henderson.jpg

If you read my post I was referring to the player in the blank jersey, Wayne Ellington, one of Minnesota's 1st round picks.

Back on topic, its interesting to see the orange and blue stripes (would you call that piping?) go all the way down to the shorts. Stripes on top of pin stripes, interesting.

From what I can tell, the jerseys are just Boston College's uniforms, with pinstripes, and the Magic/Mavericks number font. Either way, it's still an improvement.

Can anyone tell me if Gerald Henderson was drafted by Charlotte, why was he listed on Minnesota's summer league roster on multiple sites?

From what I can tell, the jerseys are just Boston College's uniforms, with pinstripes, and the Magic/Mavericks number font. Either way, it's still an improvement.

Can anyone tell me if Gerald Henderson was drafted by Charlotte, why was he listed on Minnesota's summer league roster on multiple sites?

Robert Johnson was too cheap, or the franchise was too broke to afford a summer league team this year, so Minnesota took him and I think a couple other teams took a few of our other younger guys. I dont think he saw too much playing time though. Why would the Timberwolves give playing time to another teams player(s) over their own. This is our franchise.

I think thats what they where going for, a "College Look". Like everyone else said the uniforms are an upgrade, they do look great, cant wait to see the full details front and page, and even see them in action.

4kv29i.jpg

quote name='$teauA' date='Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 - 15:31:55' post='1204957']

Bobcatsuni.jpg

Guessing with Ellington in a blank jersey, possibly a leak from the 2009 Rookie Photo shoot? Looks like it was shown on the local news (Im guessing Charlotte)"

Um what? You meant to say Henderson.

I found another pic

ENLARGE_01Henderson.jpg

If you read my post I was referring to the player in the blank jersey, Wayne Ellington, one of Minnesota's 1st round picks.

Back on topic, its interesting to see the orange and blue stripes (would you call that piping?) go all the way down to the shorts. Stripes on top of pin stripes, interesting.

oops my bad :D

We all already knew this, but as reported by the Charlotte Observer this morning:

"Bobcats spokesman B.J. Evans said the team is still doing a final review of the new look, but that the Henderson picture is as "close as it's going to get'' to how they'll appear. The road uniforms will use blue (rather than orange) as the primary color; the team has been transitioning that way since introducing a blue "alternative'' road uniform a couple of years ago."

Rick Bonnell goes on to point out something I didnt notice in the leaked photos;

"the new style will include orange pinstripes on the white home uniforms..."

The pin stripes dont look orange to me, but it may just be the low quality pic.

EDIT: Here is the link - LINK

So this is the "collegiate feel" hinted at...interesting. I like what I see so far, just like most of you, and I have high hopes for what they will look like on the court. I am kind of scared that there won't be enough Orange on the road set, but I will wait and see. I think the pinstripes some of the trim is enough for the home look, but I doubt they go Orange pinstripes on Blue. We will see. Hopefully anything else that comes out this off-season looks this good.

I'm not sure if the "College Look" is what the NBA is trying to go for with some of these newer jerseys as someone mentioned...but I do understand the reasons why some might state that.

If that was indeed the case it would bug the hell out of me to hear that a major professional sports league would have their designs inspired by college athletics. Maybe I'm going off on a tangent here...but in what other pro league do you see jersey designs inspired by college athletics???? MLB???? NFL???? NHL????? None to my knowledge. You don't hear the NY Giants going: "Well, our new retro look was based loosely on the college look. We were going for a Michigan or Notre Dame look"

I wish the NBA would borrow from themselves and bring back some of the "classic" looks from the 60's and 70's as opposed to the college looks of today.

Looks like they just ripped off the Magic jerseys. Hopefully there is more orange.

nba_g_dhoward_200.jpg

For the record, beside the fact that they are white, with blue and have pin stripes, they are not super similar. Different collars, different word mark, Bobcats have that funny piping on the sides, even the pinstripes are different (Magics stripes do that weird curve at the top).

Ripped off, no. Inspired? Possibly?

I do agree with you, hopefully the road will have more orange.

Archived