2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Oh, and one more thing...

(Starts to celebrate)

WOO-FREAKING-HOO! The Washington Huskies finally snap their 15 game losing streak 42-23 over Idaho... This is great for me and for all Husky faithful.

Now, say it with me.... BRING ON USC!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you let them worry about beating the Buckeyes tonight? They'll worry about beating y'all next week...or whenever y'all play. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can you let them worry about beating the Buckeyes tonight? They'll worry about beating y'all next week...or whenever y'all play. ^_^

Oh, right... Almost forgot about that game. You know, if there was some sort of ad around here saying when that game is on tonight and what channel it's on... Hmmm..

I'm seeing a Washington fan celebrate with a victory over Idaho, and a Notre Dame fan talking about being screwed? How the mighty have fallen. Notre Dame was screwed when they signed Charlie Weiss. If you've noticed that all of Bill Belecheck's assistants suck as head coaches, which probably makes him that much better. I hope Michigan fans don't think they are actually good by beating Western Michigan and Notre Dame. If Michigan and Notre Dame were worthy of a ranking they wouldn't have given up 30 some-odd points. Neither of these teams are worthy of a top 25 ranking.

Florida State just barely scrapes by Jacksonville State, 14-9, and James Madison has forced Maryland into OT @ College Park.

I'd like to think that this is just lag for FSU, seeing as how I'm guessing that they only had 3 solid days to prepare for another game, no matter who it was against. Maryland, on the other hand, is going to be AWFUL this year.

For the record, I was at the Big House today... helluva game. Had an encounter with a Michigan Man who thought it was cool to pick on a 14-year old ND fan.

Who else saw the CMU v Mich St. game, I say its the game of the week!!!!!

Nah, UM/ND was.

Tate Forcier is the MAN!!!

Okay Will, I know your thing is to make people think you are crazy, but an 18th ranked team beating an unranked one would not be an upset. In fact, I think it was a pretty even matchup. The spread was something like 3 points, with ND favored.

Tate Forcier's gonna be a hell of a quarterback.

Charlies Weis may want to start talking to a Realtor.

Definitely. TErrible decisions to pass on second and third down rather than running out the clock. I hope he stays....

Agree with the third down call. If he catches that ball it's likely game over. I don't agree with the 2nd down call though.

So what the hell happened to the clock at the end? ND should have had a second or two left to run another play.

Hopefully this will finally be the end for Chuck. "Almost" isn't good enough anymore. They shot themselves in the foot way too many times. And can anyone tell me why Sam Young is still starting? He's terrible.

On the kickoff, the ND returner touched the ball as it was going past and out of the endzone... hence why 2 seconds were taken off the clock. As soon as he touched it the clock started. The stadium clock never changed back to 11 seconds; I have no idea why ABC changed theirs back.

They did change it back to 11 seconds at the stadium.

Also, as a whole i found Michigan to be unclassy. I was wearing my ND '08 shirt when some guy came up to me and said "Will Notre Dame rise again?" The guys' ten year old kid had 2 lead him away. Also, I didn't like the "you suck" chant after every 3rd down not converted as well as Michigan not giving ND a chance to even shake hands with them after the game.

Did anyone ever hear what happened to Floyd?

EDIT: Also, Tate was tackled with a second left but the clock never stopped. Also, the Michigan clock operator screwed ND by not resetting the play clock earlier in the game when the ball was moved with 15 left on the play clock. ND had to take a timeout.

6fQjS3M.png

For the record, I was at the Big House today... helluva game. Had an encounter with a Michigan Man who thought it was cool to pick on a 14-year old ND fan.

Nah, UM/ND was.

Okay Will, I know your thing is to make people think you are crazy, but an 18th ranked team beating an unranked one would not be an upset. In fact, I think it was a pretty even matchup. The spread was something like 3 points, with ND favored.

Definitely. TErrible decisions to pass on second and third down rather than running out the clock. I hope he stays....

Agree with the third down call. If he catches that ball it's likely game over. I don't agree with the 2nd down call though.

So what the hell happened to the clock at the end? ND should have had a second or two left to run another play.

Hopefully this will finally be the end for Chuck. "Almost" isn't good enough anymore. They shot themselves in the foot way too many times. And can anyone tell me why Sam Young is still starting? He's terrible.

On the kickoff, the ND returner touched the ball as it was going past and out of the endzone... hence why 2 seconds were taken off the clock. As soon as he touched it the clock started. The stadium clock never changed back to 11 seconds; I have no idea why ABC changed theirs back.

Also, as a whole i found Michigan to be unclassy. I was wearing my ND '08 shirt when some guy came up to me and said "Will Notre Dame rise again?" The guys' ten year old kid had 2 lead him away. Also, I didn't like the "you suck" chant after every 3rd down not converted as well as Michigan not giving ND a chance to even shake hands with them after the game.

EDIT: Also, Tate was tackled with a second left but the clock never stopped. Also, the Michigan clock operator screwed ND by not resetting the play clock earlier in the game when the ball was moved with 15 left on the play clock. ND had to take a timeout.

Really? REALLY? That's the best you can do? "You suck" and "Will Notre Dame rise again" are, to use your term, unclassy? Was there actual swearing in any chants? Besides, when it counted most, they did suck. And asking "Will Notre Dame rise again" is a legitimate question. And if you didn't already know/like the answer, I doubt you'd be tweaked by anything a fan said to you.

I laugh when a fan calls another team's fans "unclassy" when attending a game at that other team's house. Did you expect them to cheer loudly for good ND plays? Did you expect to get a hearty handshake or a pat on the back from these people as a thank you for attending the game?

I swear, you kids today and your sense of entitlement... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Nah, UM/ND was.

Just remember, not all Michigan fans are rude like what you went through. Most of them are respectful and very sorry you had to go through with the experience of :censored: Michigan fan

Just remember, not all Michigan fans are rude like what you went through. Most of them are respectful and very sorry you had to go through with the experience of :censored: Michigan fan

Oh yeah it's just well a little different than the gameday experience at ND that's all. We happened to have a couple guys around us that were pretty bad though.

And Jigga, the guy went out of his way to go up to a 14 year-old and make that comment after the game was over. It just bothers me as I said earlier in this post because of being used to ND games where the environment's different and the students are held to a little better standard that's all.

6fQjS3M.png

Oh yeah it's just well a little different than the gameday experience at ND that's all. We happened to have a couple guys around us that were pretty bad though.

And Jigga, the guy went out of his way to go up to a 14 year-old and make that comment after the game was over. It just bothers me as I said earlier in this post because of being used to ND games where the environment's different and the students are held to a little better standard that's all.

Oh, give me a break -- like throwing snowballs at their own players? I think we both know this is total crap. The larger, more loyal the fanbase, the more successful the team, the more rabid fans there will be. It happens, and that's life. Just don't put on those glasses and try to pretend that it doesn't happen in South Bend, too, because that's just not true. You're a Domer fan in the Big House, what did you expect? Regardless of age. What you experienced, believe me, is freaking nothing. You could have just told him to :censored: himself and that would have been perfectly fine. You have a right to be annoyed, but in fan exchanges and ribbings like these, things are never one-sided. It's just the nature of the fan.

Indiana is 2-0 because played Eastern Kentucky and Western Michigan. Simple as that. If Florida State struggled with Jacksonville State, then they better buckle their helmets, because BYU beat a better team in Oklahoma and throttled a lesser team in Tulane as they should have. What I'm seeing is that the ACC is really bad this year, possibly worse than the Big Ten. And speaking of the Big 10, I don't care if Ohio State wins or looses, in the last two games against quality opponents they have stepped up and played good games. I'll criticize a team when it's bad, and give them their due when they play well.

Did someone forget to remind Georgia and South Carolina that they're in the SEC?

Didn't y'all used to play defense or something?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived