2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Did someone forget to remind Georgia and South Carolina that they're in the SEC?

Didn't y'all used to play defense or something?

I see how it is. UGA/USC ain't SEC football, but when Auburn/MSU '08 happened, people got all pissy. I see y'all. :P

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida State just barely scrapes by Jacksonville State, 14-9, and James Madison has forced Maryland into OT @ College Park.

Yep. This is the year the ACC finally breaks out and becomes a football superpower.

Don't worry, Clemson will be there to save their turf against TCU in two weeks.

Did someone forget to remind Georgia and South Carolina that they're in the SEC?

Didn't y'all used to play defense or something?

That was one of the strangest games in a long while. I'm glad Georgia came out on top.

Strangely, it's a shootout that you'd expect with offensive-minded coaches that had never came to fruition, prior to tonight....

I was at the Minnesota game at the new stadium. It's nice. It's good for Minnesota to have a nice college football atmosphere on campus.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Upset alert in Columbus?

False alarm. I gotta give Ohio State's defense a lot of credit. One USC TD drive started at the Buckeye 4 yard line and the other...well it's just typical of Ohio State football these days. The defense showed up and played very well against a pretty good team. The offense was non-existent. At least they didn't get humiliated like last season. This team needs to learn how to close out a game. Tonight looked a lot like the Fiesta Bowl against Texas last season. Oddly enough, I'm not as concerned after this game as I was after the Navy game last week. 9-3 and a trip to the who gives a :censored: bowl looks pretty good right about now.

The upside was I got to watch the game with my brother who is in town from Key West and I got to see my 19 month old nephew wear the Ohio State jersey I bought him for Christmas last year. The game didn't seem all that important tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Just remember, not all Michigan fans are rude like what you went through. Most of them are respectful and very sorry you had to go through with the experience of :censored: Michigan fan

Oh yeah it's just well a little different than the gameday experience at ND that's all. We happened to have a couple guys around us that were pretty bad though.

And Jigga, the guy went out of his way to go up to a 14 year-old and make that comment after the game was over. It just bothers me as I said earlier in this post because of being used to ND games where the environment's different and the students are held to a little better standard that's all.

Someone's forgotten the Syracuse game last year.

Can someone tell me how the hell IU's 2-0?

Because God loves Bill Lynch and IU hasn't completely tapped out their luck reserve yet, although they are damn close by now. Not every team IU faces will be polite enough to fumble inside the Indiana 10 yard line when driving for a game winning touchdown.

Otherwise, in what is a massive fit of comparative manic-depressiveness, I can actually posit a scenario for an IU playing in the Pizza Bowl-sweep non-conference (which is possible with Virginia being unfathomably awful at the moment), win the Bucket game, and hope "Mr. Hyde" Illinois comes to the party for homecoming.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

UCLA 19, Tennessee 15

UCLA actually looks decent.

Welp...the Lane Kiffin era is off to a swimming start.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Time to shut the upset alarm off in Ann Arbor, Michigan has retaken the lead.
Nice of you to drop in.

Bill Lynch had a "you" moment in the last minute of the 4th quarter, opting to eat the safety and get a free kick rather than simply punt when IU was deep in its own territory.

But did they run sweeps and reverses on the series prior? The goal was to run out the clock completely.

No, although the "punter" did dance in the endzone for like 10 seconds.

Today, we are all otaku.

NAU Is going to kill Zona... I saw their Special Teams film and they have so many seams, a seamstress couldnt sew it up :P

I'm just quoting this for posterity.

Arizona 34, Northern Arizona 17

I'll take my cookie now. Or is that a lie too?

Umm....could Mississippi State and Auburn find a happy medium of offensive and defensive play next year? This kind of swung too far in the opposite direction.

And to conclude, I see reality has set in in Stillwater. Defense is a nice thing to have in retrospect.

Also...go Huskers.

Today, we are all otaku.

Florida State just barely scrapes by Jacksonville State, 14-9, and James Madison has forced Maryland into OT @ College Park.

How about them JMU dukes. I thought we should've won it in regulation but it was a good game to start off with.

But i don't think the c. michigan game was the only candidate for game of the week, there were plenty of great games this week.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Hold your horses, DarkJourney. USC has to go to Seattle next week and now that the Huskies have ended that awful losing streak, it's time to bring back the memories of the early 90's and bring them back to the top of the Pac-10.

Anyway, my two cents on Week 2.

-OK, I'll admit it: Houston is a damn good team. To go into Stillwater and beat the 5th ranked Cowboys is not only huge for them, but it's huge for C-USA. There's isn't a lot of respect for that conference, but this does help.

-I wonder if Florida State was hung over from their epic Labor Day battle with Miami of Florida because they sure struggled with Jacksonville State for most of the game. Not good for FSU fans.

-Special mention to Stephen F. Austin for literally and figuratively raping poor little NAIA Texas College 92-0. Wow... That's running up the score, man.

NAU Is going to kill Zona... I saw their Special Teams film and they have so many seams, a seamstress couldnt sew it up :P

I'm just quoting this for posterity.

Arizona 34, Northern Arizona 17

I'll take my cookie now. Or is that a lie too?

Umm....could Mississippi State and Auburn find a happy medium of offensive and defensive play next year? This kind of swung too far in the opposite direction.

And to conclude, I see reality has set in in Stillwater. Defense is a nice thing to have in retrospect.

Also...go Huskers.

And nice to see that Arizona's special teams were poor. Wait, they did not even punt last night.

Archived