2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goodness, Chad Ochocinco can kick too?

Something to look forward to next week. As well as (knowing the Rams luck) the annual "Bizzaro Boller" night. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. This season marks the 8th in which the NFL has used the current scheduling. Which means that after this season every team will have finally played every other team home and away. Are there any matchups happening this year that have yet to happen? I know just a few years ago I was shocked to see that certain "old" franchises had never visited other "oldies."

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. This season marks the 8th in which the NFL has used the current scheduling. Which means that after this season every team will have finally played every other team home and away. Are there any matchups happening this year that have yet to happen? I know just a few years ago I was shocked to see that certain "old" franchises had never visited other "oldies."

After this season there going to try bring up the 18 Game schedule which Goodell is in favor of.

But if there is no major change to the schedule it will just reset the current grid.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Ochocinco is simply great and funny.

I'd love to see him in a Falcons uniform one day.....

Y heez a cancer n da lockaroom!!111 Heez 1 uf dem thuggz!!11

I thought it was great to see Ochocinco kicking. He looked pretty good out there. I want to see him kick a field goal though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

I thought it was great to see Ochocinco kicking. He looked pretty good out there. I want to see him kick a field goal though.

I don't think anyone called Ochocinco a thug. He hasn't shot anyone, killed anyone, electrocuted any dogs... just a dude having fun on the field, which i don't think we see enough of.

And it was awesome to see him kicking.

Jack of all trades he is...

Reason for Edit: Apparently i have a tough time spelling "field"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't think anyone called Ochocinco a thug. He hasn't shot anyone, killed anyone, electrocuted any dogs... just a dude having fun on the firld, which i don't think we see enough of.

C'mon now, people. I don't see how "8-5" being a thug (which he isn't) has anything to do with him squaring up for a PAT. If anything, Marvin Lewis was just trying him out in a real-game situation so then maybe the Bungles won't need to carry a backup kicker this season.

6uXNWAo.png

Just a question that I've always wondered - do the veterans look down upon and resent the rookies who hold out for money, once they arrive at training camp. Let's say, Michael Crabtree signs a deal tonight and reports to training camp tomorrow. Will the veterans fully embrace him, or will it take time for him to "prove" himself.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Just a question that I've always wondered - do the veterans look down upon and resent the rookies who hold out for money, once they arrive at training camp. Let's say, Michael Crabtree signs a deal tonight and reports to training camp tomorrow. Will the veterans fully embrace him, or will it take time for him to "prove" himself.

Yes they do. He (or any rookie) who holds out for more money without having played a down in the NFL will have to prove himself before being accepted in the locker room. If your going to demand that kind of money, you better show why you deserve it.

glossysig5.png

After this season there going to try bring up the 18 Game schedule which Goodell is in favor of.

But if there is no major change to the schedule it will just reset the current grid.

You already know that is going to be hard to do as the CBA expires after 2010 with what seems to be an uncapped year next season.

Now, it used to be named Alltel Stadium, but now it looks more like "All Ten Stadium".

JAX Preparing for 10 Blackouts This Season

From the story:

The Jaguars play the first of 10 home games this year Saturday night ? two in the preseason and eight in the regular season ? and the team has already announced all 10 will be blacked out on TV because of a lack of ticket sales.

This will be the first time in their 15-year history that they?ve blacked out all 10 games and the stadium might be only, about half-filled Saturday night.

DT Reggie Hayward said the economy has taken a toll on ticket sales. ?You?ve got to understand what the economy is and how it?s difficult for people to get out and spend that extra money on football and things of leisure. They have to provide for their families and put food on the table. If they can?t support us in the stadium, at least support us in the heart and out here on the streets by wearing and supporting what we do. I can?t tell anybody it?s more important to come see a football game than to go to work and try to make ends meet,?.

Coach Jack Del Rio said he understood how tough the economy is now. ?We certainly appreciate those that can make it, because when they?re here, they?re loud and very supportive. I know it?s hard times. We?re going to entertain the ones that get here and put on a good show.?

Can we say, Los Angeles Jaguars/Cougars/or other feline?

What a f'ing disaster. Are we ever going to be able to take the Raiders organization serious again? Underneath that hideous wrinkled mask, Al Davis must want to shoot himself.

The coach who was injured has been called by coaches, under the condition of anonymity that he is only there to tell Al what goes on inside during meetings. However, nobody needs to be beatdown at work. Regardless of criminal charges, he is eligible to file a workers comp claim which the state could investigate too. I hope his attorney also alerts him to that route.

Yes they do. He (or any rookie) who holds out for more money without having played a down in the NFL will have to prove himself before being accepted in the locker room. If your going to demand that kind of money, you better show why you deserve it.

That's what I figured. I wasn't sure if the "Well, we're a team now" type attitude overcame that. I know if I was a veteran, I'd certainly resent a newcomer holding out like that.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

All of Houston's games against the NFC teams will be first-time meetings at that particular venue (unless they've played in the preseason). I don't think Houston has played at Arizona and St. Louis, nor have they hosted the 49ers and Seahawks.

The only other teams that might not have played every team, home and away, are Carolina and Jacksonville, and maybe Baltimore too.

Archived