2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Wow wow wow wow. Every single game the Bengals are involved in is incredibly exciting. But if I was a Ravens fan I'd be a little upset with the latest pass interference call.

I agree. I think if that had happened in Cleveland, we'd see beer bottles on the field again. That said, wow. The Bengals right now are the best team in the AFC North. Who would've figured that going into the season?

*raises hand* though I did almost pick the Ravens in the weekly pickem game, but ultimately went with my heart.

I love this team, but when they went down 14-10 I thought that there is no way that Carson Palmer leads another game winning drive late to win another game and against the Ravens no less. I can't believe that I'm seeing the Cincinnati Bengals pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. It's usually the other way around. By the way, the offense is 4 for 4 on end of the game drives to score a TD this season. If it weren't for Denver's miracle in week 1 then this would be an undefeated football team.

They've equaled last season's win total and hold first place in the Division. Awesome.

I was the exact opposite, I knew it going to happen, like a strange Deja Vu.

I just figured that at some point somebody is going to stop them. They just beat the Ravens defense in a loud and crazy Baltimore, I'm psyched. Also, how great is it to be able to rely on a good defense?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles Austin will haunt the dreams of Chiefs fans tonight.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think Jerry Jones needs to take Miles Austin out for the most expensive dinner in the State of Texas.

Dallas still doesn't look good and even though I picked them I wanted them to fall flat on their face.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

everyone was talking about Tom Brady and the roughing the QB calls last week, but Ben Roethlisberger might be just as good of an actor. A lions player's arm hit his leg. not very hard, and not late, and Ben laid there holding his knee. They threw a flag for going at the QBs knee, which should NOT have been called. It took away an interception Detroit got on the play, and instead the Steelers ended up scoring a TD. Big Ben was perfectly fine the rest of the game. The Lions lost by 1 score. (I don't know how the Lions stayed in the game still, they played horribly, even for their standards.)

MegatronSig2.jpg

Oh trust, DP...big ol' Benjamin there's been known to take a dive or two in his time. This I know.

(Which makes no sense, seeing as to how he outweighs just about every defender he faces short of a few d-linemen.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm gonna be honest: I expected the Falcons to lose to the Niners today.

That's why I don't work in football. Good win for the Falcons, my confidence in this team just went up again. That said, I absolutely can't wait for Singletary's thoughts on Dre Bly. That was awesome.

Good to see Matt Hasselbeck back under center for the Seahawks.

You know what else is good? A 41-0 drilling of the Jaguars. The offense is back... for now.

Oh, and the old school Bronco look: Now I know why they only used this for two years. That's not a pretty color scheme... Maybe they were inspired by their neighbors to the north in Laramie, hm?

That's why I don't work in football. Good win for the Falcons, my confidence in this team just went up again. That said, I absolutely can't wait for Singletary's thoughts on Dre Bly. That was awesome.

Dre Bly sucks. Of course, I thought this was common knowledge back in the early 2000s.

Also Denver just wins in O/T.

There's a team we never expected to see hit 5-0.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Broncos take down the Pats in OT to move to 5-0.And Josh McDaniels was pumped after the game to say the least. The Broncos are for real and Kyle Orton looks much more impressive in these five games than in Chicago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

i'll be the first to admit that i was wrong . i was sure mcdaniels and the broncos would have a terrible year . i was wrong , and denver is certainly legit.

It sure looks like it right now. Hell, even those ridiculous uniforms couldn't stop them.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm really enjoying the Broncos success...half because I wanted them to succeed after that offseason that they had, and half because absolutely nobody thought that they'd be this good. Another coach I can't wait to see is Bellichick, specifically the post-game handshake.

I'm really enjoying the Broncos success...half because I wanted them to succeed after that offseason that they had, and half because absolutely nobody thought that they'd be this good. Another coach I can't wait to see is Bellichick, specifically the post-game handshake.

They couldn't find each other, lol. BB was just wandering near one side while McDaniels was on the other side hugging guys and fist-pumping. The 2nd half made me nauseous but I love McDaniels so I hope they win that division.

Exactly. It feels good to crush a really good team for once. The offense clicked, as well as the D.

Oh Dre Bly, what were you thinking?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

i'll be the first to admit that i was wrong . i was sure mcdaniels and the broncos would have a terrible year . i was wrong , and denver is certainly legit.

I am with you 100%. I was wrong about Kyle Orton. Wrong about Brandon Marshall. And wrong about Josh McDaniels (except I still think the guy is a major doucher).

Bottom line: The Broncos (and Patriots) are NOT who we thought they were!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived