The wildest football uniforms you never saw

Spearhead

pitt-v-colts.jpg

Steelers throwback from 1994...just ridiculous...reminds you of a socceru ni

And I presume you mean "ridiculous" in a good way, right? ;)

To the original poster...please just go ahead and change the name of this thread to "wildest football uniforms you can think of". Most people aren't even going to pay close enough attention to the title to see that it says "never saw" rather than "ever saw"...and then about two pages into this thread, someone's going to post a picture of the Arizona Cardinals or Minnesota Vikings, calling them "wild".

It's going to happen. It's inevitable. It always happens with these types of threads.

(Doesn't mean it won't net some interesting photos to look at though...if that helps anything.)

And it happened the very next post.

Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...Never saw...

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is SCARY!!!!!! It look like they are wearing bright brief on the outside! That'd be funny and I'd would love to see the reactions on the players and the fans..! lol

I know its photoshoped.

large_osuuniforms1.jpg

Boise, I gotta say this look awful... Pointless piping running around the uniform, especially the pants! I find it very odd to see a huge orange stripe across the back below the numbers with Broncos written on.. It make it look like this guy last name is "Broncos."

2009_new_football_uniform.jpg

I really don't know what to say about this one... Just awful..Too much....Oranges...

http://www.suathletics.com/images/2007/8/31/su32_web.jpg

I think the WFL initially had the craziest uniforms. Apparently they thought the fans were pretty stoopid, so they had different positions wear different pants...regardless of whether they fit in with the team's color scheme. Uniwatch has some photos at LINKY:

2293228176_1c9f612905_m.jpg

:blink::blink::blink:

That actually was only a proposal. There is film of some WFL players on the field in the uni pants, but it was for demonstration purposes. They never went through with it in an actual game.

Yeah, at the link there are some photos, but it won't let me post them here due to some dynamic pages error. Here's a direct link to a couple:

LINK

LINK2

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Here you go:

2292439179_200781679c.jpg

2293224910_0d0c089bc6.jpg

I know it's only a demonstration but the guys on the top picture look like they're at an eighth grade dance.

And does anyone else think it was weird that the proposed idea had Quarterbacks wearing stars on their pants (basically saying the QB is the star) while the pants became less and less good looking as you got to the least glamorous positions?

I don't have a photo, but I remember reading somewhere that back in the 1920s some college football team sewed brown football-shaped patches onto their jerseys in order to confuse the opposing team as to who was actually carrying the ball.

Sorta OT, but I think other NFL teams protested the Browns use of a brown jersey when they entered the league in 1950 for the same reason. (One cool thing back then was that the NFL used a white football for night games, since both teams wore colored jerseys)

Those weird uniforms from the catalog remind me of the Vancouver Canucks hideous v-shaped jerseys.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Their pants look to be a lighter shade than the black on their jerseys and the same shade as the uniforms leading one to believe they were wearing red on red uniforms.

also, take a look above at the drawing. There is no silver in the uniform. This is the camera/cameraman's fault for either not exposing the film long enough or having an aperture that was too narrow.

I don't have a photo, but I remember reading somewhere that back in the 1920s some college football team sewed brown football-shaped patches onto their jerseys in order to confuse the opposing team as to who was actually carrying the ball.

I think that was the University of Chicago, or Yale. The referees threatened to paint the football red, IIRC.

Such shenanigans still occur. The Phillies' P from 1971 to 1992 never had the little seam inside of it because it resembled a baseball.

3002073-1.jpg

Archived