Best teams that DIDN't win their championship

vicfurth

the best NCAA Team not to win the tournament was Phi Slamma Jamma in Houston. the 1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels.

Fixed. They went undefeated in the regular season but sickeningly lost to Duke and Coach K in the tourney.

Why was it sickening?

Because it's Duke. Every time they win, it's sickening.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chargers of the '80s and 2000's, maybe? There were some really good teams in those eras.

Also, the McNabb-era Eagles.

Where the Chargers that good in the 80s? The Broncos in the 80s was my other thought, but they had more success than the Dolphins. The 00s Chargers isn't a bad shout. The Jazz throughout the 90s, and the Mavs through the Nowitzki era were other ideas I had.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does everything have to be the superlative with you? I think Dan Fouts is appropriately rated, considering he never won a championship. He's in the Hall of Fame, which is kind of as good as it gets.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Air Coryell Chargers were that great. Dan Fouts has to be one of the most underrated quarterbacks of all time.

Also, for basketball, the Barkley-era and Nash-era Suns.

Erm the Chargers didn't make the Playoffs at all after the strike season (1982) in the 1980s. That's hardly a sustained period of success now is it?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've gotta throw down the 2002 Toronto Maple Leafs. Went to the Conference Finals with almost half their regular lineup out with injury, then lost in 5 games to Carolina in a series that saw all 5 games settled by one goal. There's no way they would have beat the Red Wings, but they were the best Leafs team since 1993.

Speaking of 1993, you have to wonder what might have happened had Kerry Fraser not been blind.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

the best NCAA Team not to win the tournament was Phi Slamma Jamma in Houston. the 1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels.

Fixed. They went undefeated in the regular season but sickeningly lost to Duke and Coach K in the tourney.

Why was it sickening?

Because it's Duke. Every time they win, it's sickening.

High 5 Bro, I hate the Dookies!

I've gotta throw down the 2002 Toronto Maple Leafs. Went to the Conference Finals with almost half their regular lineup out with injury, then lost in 5 games to Carolina in a series that saw all 5 games settled by one goal. There's no way they would have beat the Red Wings, but they were the best Leafs team since 1993.

Speaking of 1993, you have to wonder what might have happened had Kerry Fraser not been blind.

They would've lost to Montreal.

1zqy8ok.gif

1994, 1995 Indians.

No 1997?

No. Not even close. What made the '97 Indians so much fun was the fact that they really had no business making the World Series that season. I think they only won maybe 87 games. They just got on a roll in the playoffs.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not an Indians fan, but ill contend that the 1995 Indians were the best baseball team I've ever seen. They won 100 out 144 games. They had the misfortune of playing the braves when all of their pitchers came together at the same time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived