Cowboys Stadium - Emphasizing Navy and Silver

TruColor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the stadium is awesome, just that the scoreboard needs to be moved up a bit higher. This stadium isn't a disgrace or laughable, it's just something they didn't think about before putting the construction into place.

The stadium is beautiful, and the $29 standing room 'party pass' or whatever it's called is a nice idea that will help a lot of people who otherwise probably couldn't afford to attend a game, or who just don't want to shell out the ridiculous amount of coin attending an NFL game can cost these days.

As a stand-alone, the screen is amazing. Hanging above a football game that's supposed to be the whole point of the building, it's an unforgivable distraction.

As for punters hitting it, I think it was the '76 Pro Bowl in New Orleans when Ray Guy of the Raaaaay-duhs hit the Superdome's hanging replay screens*. It too was a do-over, something I'd never seen in an NFL game before or since until last night.

* This was a far more modest setup than the Cowboys have, a 4-sided (IIRC) projection screen deal that could be raised and lowered depending on the event. The size and picture quality wasn't the greatest but it was cool to see a replay in the stadium, something we all take for granted today.

It's visible at the top of this pic:

new_orleans_saints.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That screen is just silly as :censored:. Punters are going to knock the hell out of it over the next many decades until they finally just raise the damn thing up more. That thing would not be fun to play under, I'd be freaked out it was going to fall and crush all beneath it like ants.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That screen is just silly as :censored:. Punters are going to knock the hell out of it over the next many decades until they finally just raise the damn thing up more. That thing would not be fun to play under, I'd be freaked out it was going to fall and crush all beneath it like ants.

Hopefully there isn't an HSBC Arena incident...

It's silly that there is a little hole in the roof to give the fake "outdoor" feel, but then there's this huge scoreboard essentially plugging that hole.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

*Homer alert, I'm a huge Cowboys' fan*

I watched the game last night. Gotta say I love the stadium. Sure, it's over the top, but I've gotten used to Jerry's antics.

Personally, the only changes I'd make is putting the scoreboard higher and the star at the 50. Honestly, thanks to the screen, now there IS no bad seat in the house.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

*Homer alert, I'm a huge Cowboys' fan*

I watched the game last night. Gotta say I love the stadium. Sure, it's over the top, but I've gotten used to Jerry's antics.

Personally, the only changes I'd make is putting the scoreboard higher and the star at the 50. Honestly, thanks to the screen, now there IS no bad seat in the house.

Huge screens could be integrated into the endzones (a la Lincoln Financial Field) and still there wouldn't be a bad seat (if they did it right, they wouldn't even lose too much seating, which is obviously their goal here.)

I just don't see the attraction of having such closed-up "open" stadium. I understand that it had to have a retractable roof, but like I said, it's basically just a huge basketball or hockey arena.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3843854285_2be0d6daa4.jpg

Man that thing is awesome!

honestly, is it really necessary for him to be waving his d*** around like that in front of 80,000 people? [asterisks added by respondent]

Honestly, is it really necessary for you to use that kind of language in front of us on this message board?

I'm a Rams fan who lives in Arlington, with no love lost for Jerry Jones. That being said, I have to defend him on this. I think he wanted the screen to be that big for the sake of his fans. The reason I think this is because of what he did with the press boxes. In most stadiums, the press boxes are right at the 50, but Jerry had them put in further down the field because he said that paying fans should have a better view of the game that the press, who get in free.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I don't think dick-waving as a figure of speech is too unspeakable for what's--let's be honest--not really mixed company.

Maybe it's because I have a tendency to see the worst in everything and everyone, I have this terrible feeling that shoddy workmanship is going to make that thing crash down.

"There's a family of possums living in this video board!"

"I call the big one Wade Phillips."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3843854285_2be0d6daa4.jpg

Man that thing is awesome!

honestly, is it really necessary for him to be waving his d*** around like that in front of 80,000 people? [asterisks added by respondent]

Honestly, is it really necessary for you to use that kind of language in front of us on this message board?

I'm a Rams fan who lives in Arlington, with no love lost for Jerry Jones. That being said, I have to defend him on this. I think he wanted the screen to be that big for the sake of his fans. The reason I think this is because of what he did with the press boxes. In most stadiums, the press boxes are right at the 50, but Jerry had them put in further down the field because he said that paying fans should have a better view of the game that the press, who get in free.

Wow, really. A tad bit sensitive are we? For one, if the word was that over the top, I'm pretty sure it'd be censored by the site itself. And secondly, it wasn't directed at any of the posters or even used as an insult in general. Can't see why anyone would be offended by something like that.

Anyway, the way I look at at it...that picture was taken on what, the second level of stands? If I'm sitting in those seats, it's already pretty distracting for me. But what about the people sitting in the third, fourth, or fifth levels of seats? They'd be starring directly into that monstrosity all game long. Sure, given that it's already blocking half of their view, it might help them see the action and little better in that case. But that also goes back to the previous point, why would you pay $100 for a ticket to a game just to watch the game on TV anyway?

The Titans' punter just hit the scoreboard...it's a do-over apparently.

This upcoming season will be interesting...

In the 1977 Pro Bowl, held in the Superdome in New Orleans, Oakland Raiders punter Ray Guy hit the video screen gondola which was then at the top of the Superdome, and I believe it was off the ground even higher than the Cowboys Stadium screen is.

Jerry Jones should be thankful Ray Guy is retired, otherwise, Ray would have put the DiamondVision big screen out of commission.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Jerry Jones has no plans to alter the screen. What an idiot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4415658

He also needs to put the Cowboys' star on the 50-yard line like it needs to be. If they can have the Cowboys' helmets and name logo in the end zones and the NFL logos on the 25, then they should put the star on the 50.

No star on the 50, Jones not planning to alter the screen. If J. R. Ewing (played by Larry Hagman) were a real person instead of a character, he'd have a "friendly chat" with Mr. Jones about those issues ("Let's talk about the field and the scoreboard, Darlin'! Heh, heh, heh!").

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived