Cowboys Stadium - Emphasizing Navy and Silver

TruColor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh. Looks like an airplane hanger. It also has zero personality on TV.

Also, the playing surface is unplayable for special teams.

Nice work, Cowboys.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

wow, i love all the HATE for an amazing stadium! wonder how much of it is mostly anti-Cowboy sentiment, more than anti-stadium. Or maybe anti-Jerry Jones.

yeah, maybe he's whipping out his you-know-what. but it must bug you that ... his is bigger than yours!

We've gotten to the point where people are defending the size of other peoples' penises?

That's weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If this were the 90s or a time when the Cowboys were actually relevant, the 'hate' thing may work as an excuse. I think there are just a lot of flaws here that weren't really thought out.

The stadium itself is great. Just a lot of key errors.

That 's gunna fall on someone this year...

it has happened before;

In 1988, a 20-ton, $1.2 million center-hung scoreboard at the new Charlotte Coliseum crashed to the floor of the arena, doing $55,000 worth of damage to the basketball court.

In 1996, the eight-sided, center-hung Sony JumboTron at Marine Midland (now HSBC) Arena fell to the ice while it was being remotely moved minutes after players ended practice and hours before a game between the Buffalo Sabres and Boston Bruins.

And in 1997, the 5-ton center-hung scoreboard at North Charleston Coliseum, home of the ECHL South Carolina Stingrays, fell, killing an arena worker.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

That s**t is gunna fall on someone this year. I read a bunch of predictions from some NFL writer guy and one was along the lines of "a weekend this year will be marred by a great tragedy," this has to be it.

Edit: found the article here, but looks like I remembered it wrong.

17. One game will be marred by a senseless act of mass violence in the stands or parking lot, which results in over reactionary security measures that make airplane travel seem convenient. I pray I’m wrong on this one.
I still think this screen could fall on someone.

How often do jumbotron's in hockey and basketball arena's fall on people? This is no different.

Well I didn't read all the way to see a list in the post above, but given the number of arenas out there and games played only 3 incidents is a pretty low number

The Titans' punter just hit the scoreboard...it's a do-over apparently.

This upcoming season will be interesting...

In the 1977 Pro Bowl, held in the Superdome in New Orleans, Oakland Raiders punter Ray Guy hit the video screen gondola which was then at the top of the Superdome, and I believe it was off the ground even higher than the Cowboys Stadium screen is.

Jerry Jones should be thankful Ray Guy is retired, otherwise, Ray would have put the DiamondVision big screen out of commission.

Wow, no kidding! B)

(See the 2nd post on page 2 of this thread...)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I went to the game last night and have a few impressions.

The scale of the place is jaw-droppingly surreal. I must have said "I can't believe how BIG this place is" at least a half dozen times. It felt like you could sick two Texas Stadiums in there with room to spare. Unbelievably huge.

The concourse are nice (and huge). Everything seems to have a slick, almost wet look to it. The pro shop is like its own multi-level department store.

I have mixed feelings about the video screen. While its size is impressive and the picture gorgeous, I can see where it could be a distraction. My eyes kept bouncing between the field and the mega tv in front of me (I was in the Northeast corner, third tier). You really had to make an effort to NOT watch the screen, and that's not necessarily a good thing. I think I'll get used to it but time will tell. As for punters hitting it, I think it's a non issue. If you're punting in a real game you're trying to advance the ball, not kick it straight up in the air. The Tennessee kicker clearly hit it on purpose. I'm sure if it turns into a real problem the comish will make Jerry move it. No big deal.

As for the no star at the fifty, no ring of honor, Landry statue.. etc. it's widely known those elements will be added during the season opener on September 20th. At least that's what my Dallas friends were telling me. Though a lot of people treated this game as the real home opener, you got the sense the team is treating the season opener as the real deal. Even the tickets for that game have "Opening Night" plastered all over them. Should be a spectacle.

I left very, very impressed with the new stadium. It's not flawless, and you can tell they're still adding last minute touches, but it is something to behold Cowboys fan or not.

I may add some photos, but the other posters have it pretty well covered.

newsig.jpg

wow, i love all the HATE for an amazing stadium! wonder how much of it is mostly anti-Cowboy sentiment, more than anti-stadium. Or maybe anti-Jerry Jones.

yeah, maybe he's whipping out his you-know-what. but it must bug you that ... his is bigger than yours!

I think people are choosing to analyze it rather than be content with YEEHAW LOOKIT THAT THERE IT'S BIG HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS HEH HEH GOD CAN WATCH 'EM THRU THE HOLE UP TOP HYUK DERR. When you actually look at it, there are some worrisome design flaws, like a video screen that Tony Romo might bump his head on.

How often do jumbotron's in hockey and basketball arena's fall on people? This is no different.

Well I didn't read all the way to see a list in the post above, but given the number of arenas out there and games played only 3 incidents is a pretty low number

I think one multi-million-dollar scoreboard falling on a playing surface is one too many, but three. Three times!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the megatv is going to be awesome for the NBA all-star game, especially the dunk contest. they should also have the Stars play a couple games in the arena.

because basketball and hockey has so much action that is missed because of where you sit in the stands. with the screen you can see every moment on the huge screen.

The scale of the place is jaw-droppingly surreal. I must have said "I can't believe how BIG this place is" at least a half dozen times. It felt like you could sick two Texas Stadiums in there with room to spare. Unbelievably huge.

The concourse are nice (and huge). Everything seems to have a slick, almost wet look to it. The pro shop is like its own multi-level department store.

I have mixed feelings about the video screen. While its size is impressive and the picture gorgeous, I can see where it could be a distraction. My eyes kept bouncing between the field and the mega tv in front of me (I was in the Northeast corner, third tier). You really had to make an effort to NOT watch the screen, and that's not necessarily a good thing. I think I'll get used to it but time will tell. As for punters hitting it, I think it's a non issue. If you're punting in a real game you're trying to advance the ball, not kick it straight up in the air. The Tennessee kicker clearly hit it on purpose. I'm sure if it turns into a real problem the comish will make Jerry move it. No big deal.

As for the no star at the fifty, no ring of honor, Landry statue.. etc. it's widely known those elements will be added during the season opener on September 20th. At least that's what my Dallas friends were telling me. Though a lot of people treated this game as the real home opener, you got the sense the team is treating the season opener as the real deal. Even the tickets for that game have "Home Opener" plastered all over them. Should be a spectacle.

I left very, very impressed with the new stadium. It's not flawless, and you can tell they're still adding last minute touches, but it is something to behold Cowboys fan or not.

I may add some photos, but the other posters have it pretty well covered.

I heard somewhere you could fit 4 Lucas Oil Stadiums in that place... and that place is huge. And you could fit 4 RCA Domes in Lucas Oil, so that means you could fit 16 RCA Domes inside Cowboys Stadium

6fQjS3M.png

I think people are choosing to analyze it rather than be content with YEEHAW LOOKIT THAT THERE IT'S BIG HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS HEH HEH GOD CAN WATCH 'EM THRU THE HOLE UP TOP HYUK DERR.

Wow, nice stereotyping there. That always adds credence to an argument.

The video board not only has already been proven to be an obstruction, but it appears to be a major distraction for fans in the upper deck.

Also, the walls need to get some wall patterns instead of just being bare concrete...again, as someone said, it has no personality.

Impressive structure, but does it serve it's purpose?

I would rather go to a game in the Georgia Dome.

Also not a fan of seating areas that go all the way around, instead of having breaks for SRO or gatherings. It's kind of "80s"ish, but I guess they had to build it that way since it's so multi-purpose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly, is it really necessary for you to use that kind of language in front of us on this message board?

I'm a Rams fan who lives in Arlington, with no love lost for Jerry Jones. That being said, I have to defend him on this. I think he wanted the screen to be that big for the sake of his fans. The reason I think this is because of what he did with the press boxes. In most stadiums, the press boxes are right at the 50, but Jerry had them put in further down the field because he said that paying fans should have a better view of the game that the press, who get in free.

Moving the press boxes is nothing new - in most of the new stadiums - and in the Lambeau renovation - only the TV booths are at the 50; the radio/writing press boxes are more toward one end of the field, so they can put luxury boxes in and make big money from the central location. Jerry's 60-yard penis extender has nothing to do with that.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

How much of a delay from live action to the video screen is there? Did you notice more people watching the screen or the action on the far end of the field? Was there a secondary cheer after a score from the other end from people watching live and people watching the screen? I'm just curious if there is an affect like that.

Believe it or not, I was there. My uncle has season tickets. Fortunately, the seats are below perfect view of the screen. When you are below the screen, it is actually uncomfortable to your neck to have to look up at the screen. And when walking to our seats, we did have a clear view of the screen, and it was VERY distracting, but only to the people not with end zone seats.

Also, Jerry Jones has said he will NOT move it up. The league minimum is 85 ft, it is 90 ft above.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived