2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the Twins updates, except....the blue alternate, ugh. What a clunker, it's the cousin Oliver of baseball, get rid of it, it serves no purpose. Don't replace it, just send it back to 1995 where it belongs.

MLB Shop has a Twins sleeveless home shown with 2010 inaugural patch? Mistake or left out of yesterdays presentation?

The presentation only showed the new uniforms, not the ones that only had the tweaked Twins script (regular home/blue/sleeveless).

Thanks. Then it goes along with my overall comment, just go with the three unveiled Monday and ditch the blue and sleeveless. They are so unnecessary

What if they had added the collar and sleeve trim to the home uni?

I think that makes the most sense too (though I might prefer names on the back at home), though I suppose people are emotionally attached to the 87/91 look. But then what do you do with the primary if that wordmark isn't on the homes? Sub it out? Use it anyway? Use the handshake logo as the primary? I don't know what to do.

Use the modern handshake logo with the retro "Twins" script in place of the '87 wordmark currently there. That would make a great logo to use if they come to their senses and make the '61 vintage uniforms the primary home set.

Weren't the Rays supposed to unveil today?

Can anyone give a hint as to what that change is? I hope it isn't just changing the road script to say Tampa Bay. I'm hoping for an alternate hat. Maybe some Columbia Blue or Yellow.

i believe the Rays are scheduled for Thursday. You will be getting a new alternate jersey. My two scents is it will probably be powder/columbia blue.

sig2024.png

Can anyone give a hint as to what that change is? I hope it isn't just changing the road script to say Tampa Bay. I'm hoping for an alternate hat. Maybe some Columbia Blue or Yellow.

i believe the Rays are scheduled for Thursday. You will be getting a new alternate jersey. My two scents is it will probably be powder/columbia blue.

In addition to or in place of the navy alternate?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

^^^^

Agreed. I also hate it when a given owner changes the team's look to their own preference, like the Marlins' owner dropping teal and making the Marlins an orange and black (and silver?) team; teal, orange, and black could work really well here if done right.

Do we have any new alts. coming yet? What about the Mets? Are the Giants having any unveilings soon?

Mets:

Change to home uniform

Added alt home uniform

Removed commemorative patch

Giants are unveiling Jan 1st 2010.

Showtime, is the unveiling for the Mets still Black Friday? Or is it sooner? I read the 23rd somewhere also, so I'm not sure which is correct.

I still have them down as 11/27, if anything changes I'll post it for sure.

Loving the Twins updates, except....the blue alternate, ugh. What a clunker, it's the cousin Oliver of baseball, get rid of it, it serves no purpose. Don't replace it, just send it back to 1995 where it belongs.

MLB Shop has a Twins sleeveless home shown with 2010 inaugural patch? Mistake or left out of yesterdays presentation?

The presentation only showed the new uniforms, not the ones that only had the tweaked Twins script (regular home/blue/sleeveless).

Thanks. Then it goes along with my overall comment, just go with the three unveiled Monday and ditch the blue and sleeveless. They are so unnecessary

I think the blue is good-but the road blue alt the Twins had with the white Minnesota lettering remains my favorite Twins jersey.

I wouldn't be sad if the sleeveless was retired-still surprised they kept it since Liriano and Perkins most likely won't be starters and thus no one will pick it.

Adding an alternate, reveal date 11/19.

I hope the Rays to get that road jersey changed to "Tampa Bay"...

Also heard the Brewers could put "Milwaukee" on next year's roads and the Cardinals could put "St. Louis" on there too...Good to hear! I think every team should have their city name on their roads (with the possible exception of the Phillies, because the team nickname is a very old city nickname) and either the nickname or a cap logo monogram on the homes (let's hope the Rangers can do that!)

bYhYmxh.png

I wonder if the home/home sleeveless pinstripes will still have the nameplates?

Lukas said today that the nameplates are gone from any jersey that has NOB.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Angels making changes? All of their uniforms are now listed as 2009. Have they just removed patches?

They sure are! The Angels are adding a handful of municipalities in their name and I've heard from a reliable source that they'll start taxing medicial marijuana usage at their stadium. :P

Does anyone know when the Twins new jerseys will be available as replicas? Or when the old ones will go on sale? Also, will there be a version of the road hat without the patch?

Sunday night I found the new road hat on MLB.com without the 2010 patch and it was $33.99. Can't find it now though.

Does anyone know when the Twins new jerseys will be available as replicas? Or when the old ones will go on sale? Also, will there be a version of the road hat without the patch?

Sunday night I found the new road hat on MLB.com without the 2010 patch and it was $33.99. Can't find it now though.

I thought I saw next week they will be available.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I know the New Era site already had the new Twins road hats up, but I found these on MLB.com:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915820

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915823

M hat as an alternate (also seen on New Era)

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3915821

The first link took you to the road hat with no patch, but it's gone.

Angels making changes? All of their uniforms are now listed as 2009. Have they just removed patches?

Probably taking off the Angels Baseball 1961 patch and slapping on the All-Star Game patch.

Isn't the Angels Baseball 1961 patch the "primary" patch now? I thought they were permanent additions to the identity.

The ASG patch will probably go on the right sleeve like it does for everyone else.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived