New MLB BP Caps

Bmac

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at the curve on the brim... could this be a case of the template allowing another colour there?

similar to the NFL sideline hats?

58_23470.jpg

I think what it might be is extended piping that runs to the front of the bill and then along the center portion of the front part of the bill. But maybe not. But I definitely think you're on to something.

I think I'm seeing a template with these customizable areas:

2010bptemplate.jpg

So a team that likes to go for bells and whistles could look like this:

2010bpconceptNYM.jpg

Or this:

2010bpconceptOAK.jpg

While a more conservative team could look like this:

2010bpconceptNYY.jpg

If I'm even in the right ballpark here, I suspect that this cap template will be capable of making both the Yankees and Mets front offices happy, which would be an improvement over the current model.

20082614447.png

2010bptemplate.jpg

2010bpconceptNYM.jpg

Or this:

2010bpconceptOAK.jpg

2010bpconceptNYY.jpg

If I'm even in the right ballpark here, I suspect that this cap template will be capable of making both the Yankees and Mets front offices happy, which would be an improvement over the current model.

Great work! That really puts it into perspective. Thank you also for making that blue/orange/black one so i can prepare myself for the god awful monstrosity the Mets version will probably be.

sig2024.png

It's better than the side panels debacle that New Era unleashed on us, but I'm not letting them off the hook until I see more. This could easily go from "Not As Bad As Before" to "New Kinds Of Ridiculous" pretty quickly.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

2010bptemplate.jpg

2010bpconceptNYM.jpg

Or this:

2010bpconceptOAK.jpg

2010bpconceptNYY.jpg

This is close.

Although I doubt anyone will go quite as colorful. Of course, some tems, I'm sure will turn these into NASCAR-esque pieces of crap. Fingers crossed.

I think it's pretty desperate to keep messing with the piping and elements outside the logo panel IMO.

After all, it IS all about selling caps!

I would prefer they have fun with the logo as in my example here:

I'd like that too; If Nike could add their MLB "Ligature" logos to the BP hats, it would be pretty cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's pretty desperate to keep messing with the piping and elements outside the logo panel IMO.

After all, it IS all about selling caps!

I would prefer they have fun with the logo as in my example here:

BPCapsMNT.jpg

Wow. Very impressive. And a special thanks to your Sox for playing this weekend :)

I found the new MLB BP caps, for the Twins anyway, at Domeplus.

Here is the link: Twins 2010 BP cap

Here is the picture:

bp_flex_hat.jpg

Mesh, piping on the sides and back.

I have seen the image sheet of all 30 teams new BP caps, and can vouch that this is the real deal. From what I saw, no team went over the top with their designs, and there are a few surprises for some teams.

Could you say who the surprises are, without revealing what those surprises actually are?

And feel free to drop any hints about the Cubs. :) I thought the current version was close (I liked that they tried a white C), but the red earflaps killed it every time I tried it on.

I think these have the potential to be used right and very "wrong," as BallWonk mentioned (and displayed wonderfully). My first thought when I saw this thread was also those NFL caps, especially with so many of them changed the front bill "pieces" to pink this weekend. Really lets the mind wander on how crazy an MLB team might get given some options.

The one thing I recall is that the Rays had 2 caps listed, both in different colors. Not sure if that means a decision was waitng to be made on one to go with, or that they would use 2.

If I get another look at the sheet I will post the teams that are surprises.

Archived