New MLB BP Caps

Bmac

The one thing I recall is that the Rays had 2 caps listed, both in different colors. Not sure if that means a decision was waitng to be made on one to go with, or that they would use 2.

If I get another look at the sheet I will post the teams that are surprises.

Notice on the image I posted, it has an asterisk with "HOME" next to it. Does this mean teams have the option of a home and road BP cap?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I recall is that the Rays had 2 caps listed, both in different colors. Not sure if that means a decision was waitng to be made on one to go with, or that they would use 2.

Notice on the image I posted, it has an asterisk with "HOME" next to it. Does this mean teams have the option of a home and road BP cap?

Detroit will need one for each.

I don't understand why all teams don't go with home and road BP hats. It's all about marketing anyway and most fans probably wouldn't mind an extra option if they're looking to pick up a BP hat.

I think it's pretty desperate to keep messing with the piping and elements outside the logo panel IMO.

After all, it IS all about selling caps!

I would prefer they have fun with the logo as in my example here:

BPCapsMNT.jpg

Wow. Very impressive. And a special thanks to your Sox for playing this weekend :)

Congrats to the Twins! I was rooting for them. They have the best organization in the division and deserve to move on!

But next year, that's a different story!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

• 1 month later...

I know the BP images were released today (Nov. 16) to the "non-general public," but is there any chance at just knowing the color scheme(s) for the Red Sox BP's for 2010? Please?

Probably some combination of navy and red.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I know the BP images were released today (Nov. 16) to the "non-general public," but is there any chance at just knowing the color scheme(s) for the Red Sox BP's for 2010? Please?

They were actually one of about 2 or 3 teams to not release their BP get-up for the 2010 season on Monday. So keep waiting.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I think that's good news. I remember in '07, the initial Red Sox BP cap images had the piping above the ear flaps as a different color (blue piping on the home red), but when they were actually released, the piping matched the rest of the cap. I can only hope the delay this time is so they're not as hideous as everyone is making them out to be. Who has final say on the design, anyway? The team, MLB, or New Era?

I think that's good news. I remember in '07, the initial Red Sox BP cap images had the piping above the ear flaps as a different color (blue piping on the home red), but when they were actually released, the piping matched the rest of the cap. I can only hope the delay this time is so they're not as hideous as everyone is making them out to be. Who has final say on the design, anyway? The team, MLB, or New Era?

There is some leeway with the team. When they all went to the panels a few years back, Arte Moreno told MLB & New Era that the Angels would not be wearing any panels on their BP caps and they kept the previous design (the panel-less stretch fits). They also resisted one of Majestic's warm-up jacket designs for a while too. Moreno has a very specific vision of how the Angels should look and he makes sure they stay within those confines, MLB contracts be damned.

When the BP caps go public, are the new jersey templates going to be released at the same time, or is Majestic holding back on those?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They were actually one of about 2 or 3 teams to not release their BP get-up for the 2010 season on Monday. So keep waiting.

without giving away too much: is the mets' design garbage? and does it have black in it?

sig2024.png

There is some leeway with the team. When they all went to the panels a few years back, Arte Moreno told MLB & New Era that the Angels would not be wearing any panels on their BP caps and they kept the previous design (the panel-less stretch fits). They also resisted one of Majestic's warm-up jacket designs for a while too. Moreno has a very specific vision of how the Angels should look and he makes sure they stay within those confines, MLB contracts be damned.

When the BP caps go public, are the new jersey templates going to be released at the same time, or is Majestic holding back on those?

Ah, yes, I also remember the Yankees not going with the Majestic-issued dugout jackets, opting for the satin look, instead. I still can't believe they wore the BP caps and jerseys with the panels. I was glad to see the Red Sox keep the same colors for those hideous cap and jersey panels. Thumbs up to the Angels for not wearing the panels on their BP caps.

wow good for arte moreno. if these are accurate, they're absolutely horrendous. seriously, it just shows an owner that gets it to not give into this garbage. you don't need yankees clout to not be a douche.

and second me on the request for mets' set. i'm SO nervous they look even worse.

sig2024.png

I could be mistaken, but I believe that the Fanattic at Westhore Mall here in Tampa had the Yankees new BP cap on display the other day. It was a navy blue 3930 with either white or gray pipping, I couldn't stop as my wife was on a mission to find something so I can't be 100% sure.

Archived