New MLB BP Caps

Bmac

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, that one concept (think it was Bohob's but I could be wrong) that had the Indians in brown and red looked really really good, and as such that hat, were it brown and red, would look really good:

indianhat.jpg

Almost makes you wish that the Indians had adopted that color scheme years and years ago and stuck with it. One fewer navy/red team, perhaps no ill-advised dalliance with silver, and some sort of harmony with the Browns. I maintain that the brown/orange/yellow Padres uniforms are really bad, however.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OK, so where are the BP jerseys, Majestic? How'd you mess those up?!

I thought the jerseys were staying the same this year. Am I wrong?

You are correct. Jerseys are unchanged.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

OK, so where are the BP jerseys, Majestic? How'd you mess those up?!

I thought the jerseys were staying the same this year. Am I wrong?

You are correct. Jerseys are unchanged.

OK. There was some unresolved confusion as to whether there is going to be new BP's this year. I've seen someone offering "new for 2010" Majestic BP's, and few sites are selling the BP's at a greatly reduced clearance rate. MLBShop isn't though, which caused the confusion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I like the white C... the walking Cub never really fit right on a cap and just became a muddled mess, in my opinion. Had they used just the C with the Cub head, as Nike did on some products, that would be fine. Funny how many different opinions there are on each of these. To each his own...

I just think that a double outline around the NY looks bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't like a single hat design in this template.

The ones with the wings look garish, and even the ones trying to hide the piping by making them the same colour as the cap/brim look silly.

They're now in the NFL sideline hat territory of bad design.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I like the white C... the walking Cub never really fit right on a cap and just became a muddled mess, in my opinion. Had they used just the C with the Cub head, as Nike did on some products, that would be fine. Funny how many different opinions there are on each of these. To each his own...

I will agree with you on using the C with the Cub head. Still better than just changing the color of the C.

There are teams that have really sharp alternate logos that should be used on these caps.

As much as I might not like the new Cubs BP hat, I will go out and buy it because it is an on field hat.

At least the Cubs didn't go back to the Navy color BP hat.

Why do different hats have to be worn during batting practice, anyway?

And why does it seem to be like batting practice hats and uniforms are always much more interesting than what is actually worn in games?

The Cubs should bring back one of the old cub heads (1969? 1984? 1993? anything but Dumpster Bear) and wear that on their BP hats. Failing that, just wear the retired road hats in BP hat form.

Practice uniforms look "interesting" because they're colorful. They're certainly not superior to good old white and grey jerseys, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived