Baseball Hot Stove

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Pierre surprisingly useful last year during Manny's suspension? I remember him flirting with a .400 BA for some of the time. I'm assuming his raise in value is what netted the Dodgers any return at all, as well as them not having to pay 100% of his salary.

Having four starting OFs in the NL is totally useless, and it's not like L.A. kept Pierre around knowing Manny was gonna get eventually get caught. While it did help having Pierre as a backup in that situation, had they not have "Slappy", the Dodgers still would've managed a good enough record to make the playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

Rich Harden will also wear #40, which is no surprise.

157085_rangers_harden_baseball.jpg

I just want to say how atrocious that beveled font is with drop shadow. At first I thought that a beveled font (for names) could only work single layer, but it can work with an outline; however, the Rangers for some fudged up reason think that black drop shadow looks good. Those names can't be legible from more than twenty feet away.

I just want to say how atrocious that beveled font is with drop shadow. At first I thought that a beveled font (for names) could only work single layer, but it can work with an outline; however, the Rangers for some fudged up reason think that black drop shadow looks good. Those names can't be legible from more than twenty feet away.

So are they copping the Angels' look, the Reds' look, or both? How long have the Rangers had that awful nameplate and number font on the back of their jerseys (I go out of my way to not watch the Rangers play)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How long have the Rangers had that awful nameplate and number font on the back of their jerseys (I go out of my way to not watch the Rangers play)

Since last year. If you think "HARDEN" looks bad, just feast your eyes on this monstrosity:

San+Diego+Padres+v+Texas+Rangers+14xST0Ge8Zcl.jpg

The number font is horrible, but it wouldn't be soo bad if the NOB font wasn't the same. They really need to use block letters for the NOB.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Orioles sign Mike Gonzalez and Garrett Atkins

I like the Atkins signing. He seems like a decent stop gap until Josh Bell is ready to take over 3rd base. Much better than what I thought we'd sign there. Atkins at least has a chance to put up decent offensive numbers.

I absolutely hate the Gonzalez signing though. He's been pretty good lately, but I'm sure his ERA will rise in the AL East. What I hate the most is that he is a type A free agent, so we'll lose our 2nd round pick. I already don't like the idea of signing a reliever to a big contract, because they are the riskiest and there are most likely better and cheaper options availabe. But I don't think you should ever lose a draft pick for a reliever. Didn't the Orioles learn anything from the Baez, Walker, and Bradford signings from a couple seasons ago?

Tom Hicks also told MLB who he would like to sell the team to.

Hick's Choice to Buy the Rangers

Greenberg's been my favorite all along from what I've heard from the perspective owners, even if Crane was the most likely to spend.

Early statements from Greenberg from a confernce call today.

[Credit: Dallas Morning News]

On getting involved in player decisions: "That's not my role. My role is to have great people in position of authority and to create an environment that promotes great development, then to let them do their job. I think on the baseball side, this team is the envy of the baseball world right now. I won't inject myself in a way that would interfere with anything."

On whether he has a payroll figure in mind: "No, I don't. The goal is simple: Win. Get to the LCS and win. Get to the World Series and win. Our intention is to make smart decisions that achieve those goals. You can't just throw money out there at things. But you also can't win without having the resources to add pieces when you need to. If there are additional moves that need to be made, we're going to make."

On improving the experience at Rangers Ballpark: "There are certain things I'd like to do give it a little bit of a facelift. I think the Ballpark as it is is terrific, but there are things we can do to make it the absolute best. The absence of a giant video board, with the advent of those amenities in other facilities is one aspect I would really like to look into. Those things can really help. That's something that really jumps to mind."

Chuck Greenberg Speaks to Local Media

Thanks for the pick Baltimore!

It's only a 2nd round pick because the Orioles own a top 15 pick in the draft.

I'm not too concerned about losing it because the Orioles have been paying overslot in the last few drafts (and that seems to be a better way to draft success than actual draft position). I just really hate the idea of losing it for a reliever. Especially when its likely that he's going to get lit up in the AL East.

Mariners have traded Carlos Silva for Milton Bradley.

http://seattle.marin...94714-113437640

Phew, good luck. I cant wait til he starts calling Mariners fans racist. How many large metropolitan areas has he labeled racist now? 3? 4?

Also, wow, the Mariners are aggressive

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Mariners have traded Carlos Silva for Milton Bradley.

http://seattle.marin...94714-113437640

Milton is now Seattle's problem. Thank god!

As long as the Mariners use Bradley as a DH most of the time, I think he'll have a bounce-back season.

Depending on how the season goes, I could see Griff being in the DH spot a bit.

Archived