Buccaneers wearing throwbacks to the 79 NFC Central Champs

Claystation360

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the appeal behind these uniforms.

Ditto. They were an eyesore then, and they're an eyesore now.

You take that back right now mister!!! :mad:

:D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

havent seen the field yet, but it looks like the team went all out will the wall trim around the field. looks like the fans are playing along as well...awesome. i love these uniforms. perfect compliment to the dolphins unis. this is what i think of when i hear pro football in florida. that being said, the new uniforms are one of the best in the league. tough choice.

I think it's quite fitting for them right now, seeing as how they're winless.

Agreed. :P

Plus, I'm a orange-a-holic, and the only way that I will hate anything orange is if they :censored: it up completely. This is nowhere near that, it's a thing of beauty. I LOVE the creamsicles. Hell, those uniforms are the main reason why I play as the Buccaneers in Tecmo Super Bowl (if I don't play as my beloved Oilers.) Those uniforms are awesome, plus I love how they went all out for it. Wall is adorned in orange, the endzone is in old school style, and they're playing a team that doesn't have a "modern" look, which just enhances it all. Very nice look.

So what's everyones opinon of them doing this? And should they do it fulltime or make a modern 3rd creamscile ?

I think the Bucs should break out the Creamsicle throwbacks every time they play any of their old NFC Central rivals (i.e. any team from the NFC North) at home. They should also wear the white throwbacks for all away games against those teams.

CCSLC signature.png

The field looks great. At the 50 yard line is a large 2-bar throwback helmet logo (see below) and the endzones say "Tampa Bay" painted in the way they looked back in the old days (see below).

Oh; and as for my opinion, I like the throwbacks and think they should be used only when honoring someone in our new Ring of Honor (like today when Lee Roy Selmon was honored with the '79 Bucs team that made it to the playoffs). I would also suggest they alternate between orange throwback and white throwback in these games.

bucswcoldhelmet.jpg

houmain.jpg

The field looks great. At the 50 yard line is a large 2-bar throwback helmet logo (see below) and the endzones say "Tampa Bay" painted in the way they looked back in the old days (see below).

Oh; and as for my opinion, I like the throwbacks and think they should be used only when honoring someone in our new Ring of Honor (like today when Lee Roy Selmon was honored with the '79 Bucs team that made it to the playoffs). I would also suggest they alternate between orange throwback and white throwback in these games.

bucswcoldhelmet.jpg

houmain.jpg

You at that game, by chance? If so, I envy you.

I was supposed to be there...but some little piggie and its cotdamn flu bug had to go and muck all that up. :mad:

From the few highlights I've seen...they really went all-out. Abso-freakin-lutely beautiful. Man I'm mad I'm missing that. But...I'm still sporting the old TB gear regardless.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

capt.67a71d0ac6854dfd958070cbc1835f12.packers_buccaneers_football_tps110.jpg

capt.201acbaa625544258a569f6fa53a0c6b.packers_buccaneers_football_tps108.jpg

capt.46bedd66b75546af872fbcfc9011a6e8.packers_buccaneers_football_tps103.jpg

Absolutely unequivocally classically gorgeously beautiful.

It's been far too long, Creamsicles. Oh...how I adore thee.

Being a Vikings fan I hated these uniforms as much as anyone but seeing them today did make miss them for the fact that it is a unique look. Tampa's current, while unique in its use of pewter is not as instantly recognizable on a highlight as the creamsicles. I think in terms of brand identity these uniforms set the Bucs apart from the rest of the league unlike their normal red uniforms (a color repeated throughout the league).

I also loved how the organization went all out to promote this. The wrap along the wall at field level and even into the tunnels looked awesome as did the fact that so many fans were wearing the throwback colors. Beside Fox's graphics I saw very little if any representation of the current Buc's logo and uniform set.

I like em. It is a tad tough to tell them apart from a team in white though. they could use some darkening.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived