New UMBC Logo

BaltimoreFan

I recently found out my school will be changing its logo. They currently have three logos available to vote on. They are all essentially an updated version of the current logo (seen in my signature). I think the idea is to make the Retriever look more fierce. Which I have to admit is probably a good idea as the current retriever is pretty pathetic looking. However I'm not a huge fan of any of the 3 options. I ended up voting for option 1, but I feel some combination of 2 and 3 would be better

Here's the website containing the 3 options, along with the past logos for the school

What's everyone else think?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd pick option 1 by default. I'd really prefer the logo in your sig to any. Making logos look more fierce often makes it worse. Retrievers are not fierce. Actually the one in your sig has kind of a subtle fierceness. Those in your link (particularly 2 and 3) try too hard.

I'd guess if it's based on student/alum vote that #1 will win, due to the others splitting the vote.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My pick is option #1, while #2 and #3 look like they came from the Simpsons!

:lol: After looking at #3 inititally, I thought man, that belongs in the Simpsons, the shaping of the head looks just like it would belong in Springfield...

Great minds think alike! :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Would have been neat if they had tried to update this logo:

2w706mp.jpg

I was thinking the exact same thing.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Numero Uno is the best option. Honestly, it is a pretty great option. I really like the look of it. #2 would fit a minor league baseball team better, and #3 isn't appealing to me at all.

Now that the subject of UMBC logos has come up: Is the current logo supposed to play tricks on the eyes and mind, or is it just me? I see a dog with an open mouth sometimes, and other times the open mouth is just part of the neck and the dog looks straight-faced. Anyone understand what I'm saying? Anyone else ever been tricked by this?

Numero Uno is the best option. Honestly, it is a pretty great option. I really like the look of it. #2 would fit a minor league baseball team better, and #3 isn't appealing to me at all.

Now that the subject of UMBC logos has come up: Is the current logo supposed to play tricks on the eyes and mind, or is it just me? I see a dog with an open mouth sometimes, and other times the open mouth is just part of the neck and the dog looks straight-faced. Anyone understand what I'm saying? Anyone else ever been tricked by this?

I did not have this problem, but now I do (thanks). I never saw the mouth as opened. Now I see why one would. He's barking.

Actually, I think his mouth is clearly open.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived