Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

It's pretty official...San Diego State's staying in the Mountain West too.

That means the Mountain West will have 12 teams, two divisions, and a championship game this upcoming season. Here's how I'd arrange the divisions:

MOUNTAIN

Air Force

Colorado State

New Mexico

UNLV

Utah State

Wyoming

WEST

Boise State

Fresno State

Hawaii

Nevada

San Diego State

San Jose State

bYhYmxh.png

It's pretty official...San Diego State's staying in the Mountain West too.

That means the Mountain West will have 12 teams, two divisions, and a championship game this upcoming season. Here's how I'd arrange the divisions:

MOUNTAIN

Air Force

Colorado State

New Mexico

UNLV

Utah State

Wyoming

WEST

Boise State

Fresno State

Hawaii

Nevada

San Diego State

San Jose State

Unless they're doing a 5-2-1 schedule model, swap Nevada and New Mexico. The Lobos don't have any in-league rivals so they can round out the West division.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This would make more sense (and couldn't be more obvious) for MWC divisions:

Pacific

Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV

Mountain

Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, New Mexico, Utah State, Wyoming

-But of course Boise wants to bitch because it prefers to play more of the west coast teams.

The espn article said they might align the six Pacific time zone schools in one division and the six Mountain time zone schools in the other.

Hawaii's not in the Pacific Time Zone.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The espn article said they might align the six Pacific time zone schools in one division and the six Mountain time zone schools in the other.

Hawaii's not in the Pacific Time Zone.

Time Zone... Ocean... is anyone really keeping score at home?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Big12 is meeting later this month. The Commissioner said the Big12 may become more proactive. They are looking at adding 6 more teams. It is coming, people. Don't think for a second it isn't. It has been coming for years. The payoff is almost here.

• Like 1

The Big12 is meeting later this month. The Commissioner said the Big12 may become more proactive. They are looking at adding 6 more teams. It is coming, people. Don't think for a second it isn't. It has been coming for years. The payoff is almost here.

It might happen, but the Big XII scooping up Northern Illinois and Tulsa ain't exactly what I'd call a payoff.

Now, if they managed to swing the Florida State-Clemson deal, the avalanche will probably start.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It might happen, but the Big XII scooping up Northern Illinois and Tulsa ain't exactly what I'd call a payoff.

Now, if they managed to swing the Florida State-Clemson deal, the avalanche will probably start.

They wont add six teams unless FSU and Clemson are involved. The four others are buddies for FSU and Clemson.

They wont add six teams unless FSU and Clemson are involved. The four others are buddies for FSU and Clemson.

Well no :censored:. Of course they are going after Florida State and Clemson. I would expect Cincinatti, Louiville, Clemson, and Florida State. As for the other 2 teams, its intriguing to me. I would assume they would like Georgia Tech and North Carolina. But if this motivates the B16 TEN to speed up their invitations (which it will), I would expect Georgia Tech and North Carolina to go to the B16 TEN, leaving Virginia and Virginia Tech to get an invite from the Big XII. Just think if that would happen... talk about a big F-U to the SEC. Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia Tech all being swept from under their nose.

I like it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well no :censored:. Of course they are going after Florida State and Clemson. I would expect Cincinatti, Louiville, Clemson, and Florida State. As for the other 2 teams, its intriguing to me. I would assume they would like Georgia Tech and North Carolina. But if this motivates the B16 TEN to speed up their invitations (which it will), I would expect Georgia Tech and North Carolina to go to the B16 TEN, leaving Virginia and Virginia Tech to get an invite from the Big XII. Just think if that would happen... talk about a big F-U to the SEC. Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Virginia Tech all being swept from under their nose.

I like it.

I don't. Adding Georgia Tech is insanely stupid.

*Big XII invites entire ACC membership with the exception of Florida State*

Today, we are all otaku.

I like it.

I don't. Adding Georgia Tech is insanely stupid.

Well I guess that solves it. Georgia Tech is out. He has spoken.

Adding Georgia Tech for expansion's sake is foolish.

Adding Georgia Tech to gain a media foothold in "College Football's Unofficial Capital" isn't foolish at all. I'm pretty sure the Big Ten and the Big XII would love to add Georgia Tech when the timing's right.

Keep in mind that the College Football Hall of Fame is set to open in Atlanta in 2014. Should the Falcons build their new stadium and the Georgia Dome still be standing concurrently, it's not out of the realm of thought that Atlanta can become a host city for a second conference's championship game. These could be two factors that lead to either conference extending an invite for Georgia Tech.

Adding Georgia Tech to gain a media foothold in "College Football's Unofficial The SEC's Capital" is indeed foolish at all. I'm pretty sure the Big Ten and the Big XII would love to add Georgia Tech when the timing's right. never

Fixed

Today, we are all otaku.

Adding Georgia Tech to gain a media foothold in "College Football's Unofficial The SEC's Capital" is indeed foolish at all. I'm pretty sure the Big Ten and the Big XII would love to add Georgia Tech when the timing's right. never

Fixed

Households. No matter who is in them.

Fixed

Households. No matter who is in them.

Until the dawn of a la carte cable.

Today, we are all otaku.

I like it.

So the death knell of the Big East is at hand then... Thank God. That conference has needed someone to put it out its misery for a long time now.