Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Mizzou's not gonna leave the SEC so soon for less money in the Big 10.

It's not less money....

----------------------------------------------------------

With regards to a 20 team Big Ten:

how-about-no-bear_zps533440e6.jpg

And while we're at it, let's purge everyone with a business degree from the last 30 years from the Big Ten offices. Get those :censored: wits who can only think in terms of trying to extract the last marginal dollar regardless of the consequences outta here.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Newest members of the WAC: the UMKC Kangaroos.

Tired of being cellar-dwellers in the Summit League, the Roos want an actual shot at the postseason...but in the smallest pond in Division 1.

Nah, Ragequitting the Mid-Con never worked for Chicago State either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What was the point of that?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UMKC vs. UTSA

Why'd you change that from "Eat it"?

I know I was annoying when I first got here... but this kid takes it to a whole new level.

Its a good slam though... quoting a line out of my profile that I made 2 or 3 years ago. He got me right where it hurts.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

When I first read in the paper that UMKC was making the move to the WAC from the Summit League, I was scratching my head trying to figure out why the Kangaroos want to bail on the Summit League, which is somewhat stable, to the WAC, which is nothing short of 'fat man standing on little boat' kind of stable.

Then, I realized something yesterday... it's a safety measure for the WAC. Right now, they're safe.

When the massive shift happens, they'll be at nine members (the 8 D-I schools and newbie Grand Canyon, who doesn't count yet as they are transitioning). When Idaho bails in 2014, Having UMKC join the WAC gives the league a safety net by having 7 full time members, which is right on the cusp of keeping the automatic bid. Once GCU is done with the transition process in 2017, the WAC will still be thriving... or be another dead carcass.

What do you think of BU leaving the America East and now Stony Brook and UNH threatening to leave?

There hasn't been much news recently but it seems most of the schools are angry about the lack of football.

Any details?

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

What do you think of BU leaving the America East and now Stony Brook and UNH threatening to leave?

There hasn't been much news recently but it seems most of the schools are angry about the lack of football.

Any details?

If I remember right, BU leaving America East for the Patriot League has to do more with what the Patriot League is about. Boston U. has a strong academic reputation, which fits in very well along side with the other members of the Patriot League.

As for the other two, I haven't heard news of that yet. Both Stony Brook and UNH would be key should America East ever wants football as part of it's conference (remember, Albany and Maine also have football so they would need at least two more schools, either within the conference or as associates, in order to have a legit football playing conference).

If anything, I suggest going to collegesportsinfo.com for more on the conferences and any possible moves.

EDIT: Speaking of America East... Looks like they found their replacement for Boston U. It's... UMass-Lowell

Colleges just need to provide more athletic scholarships to make the jump?

A full-ride probably averages out to about $20,000 among all current D1 schools, with low variance (in-state/out-of-state, private tuition, etc probably are the only big factors that would raise the average, I think).

How many scholarships per team separate these massive divisions of NCAA college teams ("D1 schools give out 10 basketball full-rides, D2 schools give out 5 full-rides," for example)?

Umass-Lowell jumping to Division 1? How many more schools are moving on up along with UNK and Grand Canyon?

There's Abliene Christian and Incarnate Word, who are joining the Southland in 2013.

Northern Kentucky and Nebraska-Omaha are already in the process of moving up.