Miami in Pro Combat vs. Wisconsin

tron1013

Interesting juxtaposition. Wonder if any other teams will break these out for bowls.

Not being a nuanced uniform observer do all Pro Combats not have tv numbers on the sleeve or shoulder?

Most of them do not, IIRC. As a matter of fact, many college football uniforms period are sans TV numbers. As to why, I haven't the slightest clue.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Another appearance of a set of storm troopers. Goody. :rolleyes:

the real storm troopers never wore this much white. How about the snow storms?

as for Wisconsin, I hate how dark their W and stripe stickers are. They're almost maroon while the facemask two inches away in the correct red.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I just want to know why Nike insists on coloring that twill stuff on the shoulders. it looks absolutely terrible

I'd imagine right now it's mainly to draw attention to it and publicize their new Flywire thread technology. Same reasoning behind Florida's toilet seat pants; they want to show off the new pant cut and show the different materials being used.

I just want to know why Nike insists on coloring that twill stuff on the shoulders. it looks absolutely terrible

I'd imagine right now it's mainly to draw attention to it and publicize their new Flywire thread technology. Same reasoning behind Florida's toilet seat pants; they want to show off the new pant cut and show the different materials being used.

Exactly. That's why we've seen all the crazy Pro Combat uniform designs. It's mainly for publicity. It's just like a runway show for a designer. Most of the stuff will never be sold in stores, but it gives the designer some publicity.

Exactly. That's why we've seen all the crazy Pro Combat uniform designs. It's mainly for publicity. It's just like a runway show for a designer. Most of the stuff will never be sold in stores, but it gives the designer some publicity.

Right... they could easily just paste any teams current look onto the pro combat (hate that name) template, but doesn't sell uniforms.

Interstingly, I noticed some of the Canes wearing one white/orange shoe and one white/green shoe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Miami needs to use some metallic flake on their helmets so they don't look yellow in night games. Wisconsin uses metallic flake and their helmets look much whiter.

You might need to adjust your TV; Miami does use a dazzle finish on their helmet just like Wisconsin. They looked different because of TV broadcast "overtones" from the primary trim colors on the helmet (red for Wisconsin vs. green for Miami).

Miami needs to use some metallic flake on their helmets so they don't look yellow in night games. Wisconsin uses metallic flake and their helmets look much whiter.

You might need to adjust your TV; Miami does use a dazzle finish on their helmet just like Wisconsin. They looked different because of TV broadcast "overtones" from the primary trim colors on the helmet (red for Wisconsin vs. green for Miami).

It wasn't my TV. I have the settings set on my TV perfectly (at least according to the videophiles on Audio/Visual Forum). Maybe it was because they were in white from head to toe and the white used on the uniforms was a "brighter" white or maybe it had something to do with the yellow from the lights at the stadium.

Archived