2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

So once again, Brett Favre's last pass in the NFL is a back-breaking interception in the NFC Championship.

And I can't even enjoy the delicious irony of that happening because the team that benefited from it was the New Orleans Saints, nooooooooooo.

But seriously, I can't be happier for the long-time Saints fans that have been their through thick & mostly thin with that team. I would've enjoyed them continuing their Super Bowl drought, but everybody's ttime comes & this time it's the Saints. So yeah, congrats to their fans but BOOOO TO ANYBODY WHO JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON & ACTS LIKE THEY'VE BEEN THERE FOREVER. I SAW YOU IN THE SUPERDOME WEARING RAMS COLORS BACK IN 2001! :P

But yeah, as a Falcons fan, my reaction can only be summed up in one word repeated 3 times by one of the most famous faces in black television:

2wqzjfk.jpg

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the overtime rule is complete garbage and it needs to be changed. Now I didn't care who won this game, but although the Vikings coughed up plenty of chances, the calls blown in overtime really ruined this for me. Overtime in the NFL is always going to be garbage as long as the other team does not have the opportunity to answer on the score.

Why not try and prevent the team from scoring in the first place instead of hoping to answer a score? You know, use those guys who get paid to knock the ball down when it's thrown, tackle the guy with the ball, or try and create a turnover (read: Brett Farve's last pass with the Pack). What do they call that group of guys again?

There's your answer.

Congratulations to the Saints and their fans. You've been through so much that you guys truly deserve a championship. It won't be hard to root for the Saints over the Colts.

Whoever won tonight's game, if they went on to finally win the Super Bowl it would be a sure sign that the Apocalypse is nigh - and I, for one, would prefer the world NOT to end just yet. Go Colts! :P

CCSLC signature.png

I think the overtime rule is complete garbage and it needs to be changed. Now I didn't care who won this game, but although the Vikings coughed up plenty of chances, the calls blown in overtime really ruined this for me. Overtime in the NFL is always going to be garbage as long as the other team does not have the opportunity to answer on the score.

Yeah, here's an overtime idea.... PLAY SOME F***ING DEFENSE!!!!!

Sudden death is great. Leave NFL OT alone!

6uXNWAo.png

And then, there was only 1 (franchise that existed at the merger and has yet to play in a Super Bowl).

The ball's in your court Detroit.

Well, technically the Browns. Technically.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why not try and prevent the team from scoring in the first place instead of hoping to answer a score? You know, use those guys who get paid to knock the ball down when it's thrown, tackle the guy with the ball, or try and create a turnover (read: Brett Farve's last pass with the Pack). What do they call that group of guys again?

There's your answer.

More importantly, there's nothing in the NFL rules that forbids you from attempting an onside kick in that situation.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There's your answer.

More importantly, there's nothing in the NFL rules that forbids you from attempting an onside kick in that situation.

Or in EVERY situation.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :woot::woot::woot::winner:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Number of Super Bowl appearances by the Green Bay Packers w/ Brett Favre as QB: Two.

Number of Super Bowl appearances by the Minnesota Vikings w/ Brett Favre as QB: Still zero.

Which, coincidentally, is the same number of appearances by the Minnesota Vikings w/Gus Ferotte as QB

I saw, I came, I left.

I place all blame for this loss squarely on the shoulders of... Brad Childress. He looks like Squidward for God sakes! What is this? BULL DROPPINGS. Oh my mothersnucking word, AGHHHHHHHHH! WHO DAT!? STFU THAT'S "WHO"!!! Teams with fans that celebrate with improper grammar shouldn't be allowed to participate in the playoffs! That. Is also who. BRETT FAVRE SCARES ME, I :censored: IN MY PANTS EVERYTIME WE HAND OFF! Pants on the ground you say? More like dead bodies on the ground, because that's what this is. Bull :censored:ing :censored:! They weren't having fun, they were getting raped up the ass by the officiating crew. AND THEY DID A DAMN FINE JOB! BLURRRRRRGH AH. Congrats to the Saints on "winning"! May you participate in the most boring Super Bowl game of all time and lose by the score of 3-0.

I'm tired. Let's go Twins!

Its it me or is it that the last Super Bowl in Miami (XLI) was televised on CBS with the Colts there, Now 3 seasons later, there is a Miami Super Bowl, CBS is carrying it and....the Colts are there too, hmmmmmm...coincidence no doubt. <_<

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

The last 2 times the Jets were in the AFC Title game, the Vikings lost the NFC Championship game in OT.

As for my Jets, what can I say? Manning is just incredible. This team gave me a hell of a ride, completely out of nowhere, and it was just a fun and enjoyable ride for once. I'm not nearly as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I realize they've now blown 10 and 11 point leads on the road in their last 2 title games (@ Elway's Broncos in Jan '99, today @ Manning's Colts) but this one just doesn't sting as much as I thought it would.

For once in my life though I finally feel like this team is moving in the right direction in general rather than just a year here and a year there with lots of sucking/mediocrity in between. I really do.

And by the way, I'm so glad the Saints made it...and we got the matchup I've wanted since mid-October...

Go Saints.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Its it me or is it that the last Super Bowl in Miami (XLI) was televised on CBS with the Colts there, Now 3 seasons later, there is a Miami Super Bowl, CBS is carrying it and....the Colts are there too, hmmmmmm...coincidence no doubt. <_<

Yes this is EXTREMELY fishy. I think the NFL needs to launch an investigation, there's noooo way that happens without some type of interference or illegal exchange of large sums of money.

You'd think the Colts won the Super Bowl with the reaction 'round these parts.

"Super Again" is the headline in the special edition of the Indy Star.

It's a spin on the cover from Super Bowl 41, not the AFC Championship Game.

Consider that the Colts just edged out the Jets, who actually played like the second best team in the NFL, today. New Orleans and Minnesota both looked incredibly trashy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Indy blasts the NFC Champs in a couple weeks.

6uXNWAo.png

You'd think the Colts won the Super Bowl with the reaction 'round these parts.

"Super Again" is the headline in the special edition of the Indy Star.

It's a spin on the cover from Super Bowl 41, not the AFC Championship Game.

Consider that the Colts just edged out the Jets, who actually played like the second best team in the NFL, today. New Orleans and Minnesota both looked incredibly trashy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Indy blasts the NFC Champs in a couple weeks.

I wouldn't debate this fact, it seems a little premature to call them "Super Again" when they haven't won the thing yet.

6fQjS3M.png

I place all blame for this loss squarely on the shoulders of... Brad Childress. He looks like Squidward for God sakes! What is this? BULL DROPPINGS. Oh my mothersnucking word, AGHHHHHHHHH! WHO DAT!? STFU THAT'S "WHO"!!! Teams with fans that celebrate with improper grammar shouldn't be allowed to participate in the playoffs! That. Is also who. BRETT FAVRE SCARES ME, I :censored: IN MY PANTS EVERYTIME WE HAND OFF! Pants on the ground you say? More like dead bodies on the ground, because that's what this is. Bull :censored:ing :censored:! They weren't having fun, they were getting raped up the ass by the officiating crew. AND THEY DID A DAMN FINE JOB! BLURRRRRRGH AH. Congrats to the Saints on "winning"! May you participate in the most boring Super Bowl game of all time and lose by the score of 3-0.

I'm tired. Let's go Twins!

Isn't this how you got banned the first time? Speaking of banned, why are you not banned again?

There's your answer.

No, it's not the answer. How would you like it if an overtime basketball game was determined by the first team to make a basket? How about if the road team in a baseball game scores first and the home team is not allowed to come up in the bottom half of the inning? I'm not saying re-invent the wheel here. Just kick the ball off and give their offense a shot. I just think it's a sorry way to end a football game.

Just a quick take...I'm obviously jazzed that the Saints won but boy was that ugly. They reverted to almost every single bad behavior they'd supposedly fixed this season. I'll list them tomorrow, I'm too tired tonight (up at 4am, worked 6A to 5P, watched the game).

Funny thing, I was in a daze when Hartley kicked the FG, like I was waiting for the Vikes to call time out or something. They'd already done that of course but I just kind of sat there, watched the ball sail through the uprights, set down the remote, and said, "Holy s***!"

I went to my first Saints game in December 1969 and have lived since then believing that sooner or later, if you just hang on long enough, every dog has its day.

My dog is finally going to have his. :D

It would have to be against Peyton Freakin' Manning... B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived