2009 NFL Playoffs

Cujo

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Brett Favre has officially cost his team another playoff game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh. Oh yeah, that's the stuff. Right there.

I thought Brett Favre unretired from the Packers because he didn't want his career to end on an interception in the NFC Championship game. Whoopsies!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This game will bring change to the overtime rule, bank on it.

See my post on previous page...I knew people would say that.

Don't worry about it. This NFL OT is going nowhere. And while I wanted to win the coin flip, it was 100% down the middle fair. The vikes gave up a 40 yard return and then could not hold 'em. The better team won. The better team did not put the ball on the carpet over and over.

A college OT would have ruined that game. The vikes lost the coin flip and did not man up. The coin flip played no role. The fumbles, the kick coverage and the "D" at the end did.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This game will bring change to the overtime rule, bank on it.

Absolutely not the case.

NFL OT isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good.

The only thing I'd consider doing is make it the first team to score 4 points, but that's kinda a goofy rule on the surface.

Here's what I would do, give each team at least one possession, but keep it sudden death beyond that. This way a team can't win the coin toss and just win the game with a Field Goal.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And then, there was only 1 (franchise that existed at the merger and has yet to play in a Super Bowl).

The ball's in your court Detroit.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congratulations to the Saints and their fans. You've been through so much that you guys truly deserve a championship. It won't be hard to root for the Saints over the Colts.

The last two NFC champions were long-time losers who made it to their first super bowl. And now the only teams that have yet to play in the big game are the Jaguars, Lions, and Browns.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the overtime rule is complete garbage and it needs to be changed. Now I didn't care who won this game, but although the Vikings coughed up plenty of chances, the calls blown in overtime really ruined this for me. Overtime in the NFL is always going to be garbage as long as the other team does not have the opportunity to answer on the score.

Congratulations to the Saints and their fans. You've been through so much that you guys truly deserve a championship. It won't be hard to root for the Saints over the Colts.

The last two NFC champions were long-time losers who made it to their first super bowl. And now the only teams that have yet to play in the big game are the Jaguars, Lions, and Browns.

you forgot the Houston Texans.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Oh. Oh yeah, that's the stuff. Right there.

I thought Brett Favre unretired from the Packers because he didn't want his career to end on an interception in the NFC Championship game. Whoopsies!

Nothing I could say would be more on point than this, so I'm quoting it. Normally I don't hold this much animosity towards another human being, let alone someone I don't know... but I'm gonna have such a good time throwing Brent's 4th quarter gunslinging in the face of every Vikings fan that hasn't dove head first off his bandwagon by tomorrow morning.

And then, there was only 1 (franchise that existed at the merger and has yet to play in a Super Bowl).

The ball's in your court Detroit.

It'll happen, if the Cardinals and Saints can do it, the Lions fortunes will turn and they'll make it in 2013 or 14

Archived