Atlanta Braves Wearing Throwback Jerseys

nitroseed

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was kind of hoping for the powder blue satin nighttime unis.

didn't the dodgers wear those in the late 40's?

I dunno.. I thought the Braves were sportin' that look at some point.

Who's our resident baseball uni guru?

Braves wore em in the 40s as well... hideous things

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

the braves wore theirs in the 80's

dale murphy era

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

These were great "softball" uniforms. They look like they play in the local slow pitch bar league with these things on. I was little when they wore these and I remember when the went back to the tomohawk on the chest look and thinking WOW these are great new uniforms, little did I realize at the time that they had used the tomahawks in the past and had switched during the awful 70's puke era to these feather on the shoulder creations.

Retro as a theory is great, but when you have an era like MLB had in the 70's. The Astros Orange Rainbows, White Sox Shorts and Soccer Style Tops, Powder Blue... Powder Blue.... Powder Blue. You need to look further back when you decide to go Retro.

I know in this instance it was a tribute to Hank Aaron, so wearing these is very appropriate since this is the uniform he broke Ruth's record in. Hey maybe the Giants will come out with an all Orange uniform for next season so 30 years from now the Giants will have to break them out every once in a while to honor Bonds breaking Aarons record.... :D

oh, geez.. :rolleyes:

First, retro was cool, and everybody liked retro.. now that retro is out there, people think its cool to bash anything and everything retro. What a cool way to be.

These unis are a part of Braves history, a very unique look, and are exceptionally cool looking.

Don't hate just to hate.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Retro as a theory is great, but when you have an era like MLB had in the 70's. The Astros Orange Rainbows, White Sox Shorts and Soccer Style Tops, Powder Blue... Powder Blue.... Powder Blue. You need to look further back when you decide to go Retro.

in all fairness, the Pale Hosers only wore the shorts once and realized how much that sucked. also, the 'soccer style' shirt was actually a pseudo-throwback that was very close to the roads worn in the 1900s, when having a collar was acutally in style.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

But Discrim..

You do understand what I mean by just because it's retro doesn't make it great. And Payno... I don't hate them just to hate them, I truly prefer the Tomahawk look across the chest better than these jerseys. I thought this community was supposed to be about having opinions about logos and jerseys. I state my opinion (and not in a nasty way) and I get an Oh Geez :rolleyes:

I will remember from now on to only have a popular opinion so I don't get my wrist slapped in the future.

I have a fondness for these retros, because my first major league games in person were at Fulton County Stadium watching Phil Neikro, Jeff Burroughs, Horner, etc. And yes, they look great. That being said, I think the current Braves look is perfect and should never be changed.

But Discrim..

You do understand what I mean by just because it's retro doesn't make it great.

yeah, i understand. i never said that look was good, let alone great. if you can pull off a modernization(i.e. Braves, Phillies, Giants, Jets) then kudos to ya. if ya can't, back to the drawing board. i was just pointing out a couple things

2016cubscreamsig.png

But Discrim..

You do understand what I mean by just because it's retro doesn't make it great.

yeah, i know what you're saying...i can name many retro jerseys i'd be glad to keep back in their time periods (i.e. don't wear em again) like the Astros rainbow, Cubs powder blue w/white pinstripes, Indians all-red, Dodgers Brooklyn satin, etc. heck, there are some good ones back there, some of us like em, some don't. you don't like the feather-sleeve jersey, i gotta respect that. even though i'm a Cubs fan, i can appreciate teh tomahawk. both the Boston/Milwaukee and Atlanta versions.

speaking of which, next month the Brewers will wear Milwaukee Brave uniforms for the first game against the Braves (no word on whether the Braves will follow suit)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived