2010 NBA All-Star Jersey's released

DrJack

2010-nba-all-star-jerseys.jpg

My thoughts? Eh.

I don't really like the giant sublimated star on the front, but I do like the pattern they used on the back. Interesting that for the first time I can remember, neither team will wear white. That should look cool. I don't like that adidas throws their stripes on everything.

I wonder what the shorts look like.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i hate these almost as much as i hate minorities who cant drive

Cool story bro!

Anyways, quick question? When did the East become the "blue team" and the west become the "red team". If they brought out jerseys with the east in red next year, do you think anyone would care/notice?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Unfortunately these are terrible. Here's what I would do...

-get rid of all sublimation, but keep the slightly darker shade side panels. Also, get rid of the entire back of the jersey being the darker shade.

-put the names on top of the numbers

-you want to focus on the adidas brand? fine. but don't use it so much that it makes for a boring design on the side. Somehow make them interact with some stars going up the sides. The stars would be white or silver to add some contrast.

-make the pants similar to the jersey, a darker shade of red/blue on the sides, with adidas stripes transitioning into stars, and stars getting bigger as they go down, and the side panel thus flares out with the stars, like the old Hawks pants did.

Overall I think they overdid the sublimation and it makes it too boring, especially since it will just look like solid blue vs. solid red when you are watching from the stands or on TV.

Unfortunately these are terrible. Here's what I would do...

-get rid of all sublimation, but keep the slightly darker shade side panels. Also, get rid of the entire back of the jersey being the darker shade.

-put the names on top of the numbers

-you want to focus on the adidas brand? fine. but don't use it so much that it makes for a boring design on the side. Somehow make them interact with some stars going up the sides. The stars would be white or silver to add some contrast.

-make the pants similar to the jersey, a darker shade of red/blue on the sides, with adidas stripes transitioning into stars, and stars getting bigger as they go down, and the side panel thus flares out with the stars, like the old Hawks pants did.

Overall I think they overdid the sublimation and it makes it too boring, especially since it will just look like solid blue vs. solid red when you are watching from the stands or on TV.

Well if you're sitting in the stands you'll notice it on those huge screens at Jerryworld :P

6fQjS3M.png

The reason the West is red and the East is blue is because their respective logos feature those colors. The Western Conference logo is mainly red, while the Eastern one is blue. Personally I've always thought of the west as using red, white and gold while the east uses blue, navy, and silver. Solid uniforms, a lot of the little details won't get noticed by anyone but the people on these boards.

i just wish they would go conservative with these for once. I liked it better when all the players wore their own teams jersey, but if they are going with each conference having one uniform, can they at least make it somewhat less harsh on the eyes? i hate when uniform try to get too fancy and try to do too much. knowing when to stop is the best addition one can make.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

i just wish they would go conservative with these for once. I liked it better when all the players wore their own teams jersey, but if they are going with each conference having one uniform, can they at least make it somewhat less harsh on the eyes? i hate when uniform try to get too fancy and try to do too much. knowing when to stop is the best addition one can make.

I agree with you 100%. Especially on the part I bolded.

Considering some of the previous All-Star uniforms these aren't that bad. They aren't good but it could have been much worse.

106845.jpg

jordan11nbapic3.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I usually agree with this sentiment, but when it comes to these one-off exhibitions, I make an exception. Mind you, this doesn't necessarily mean I agree with some of the design choices, but I figure, given the nature of the spectacle that is All-Star weekend, it's "fun" or at least different when they choose such gaudy and superfluous designs. In any case, I agree that the Adidas stripes have to go [mainly b/c I just hate those corporate brandings on uniforms], but other than that, they might as well go crazy with the rest of the jersey.

Archived