Uni's and "new logo" UW Huskies

kinznk

I read in our local paper today the UW Huskies will be wearing black at home today. They will also unveil a new logo with "menacing" eyes at the basketball game today. The logo will not replace the block W or the Husky Weasel logo that the university is phasing out. It will only be shown on the scoreboard/videotron. It will not be an official logo. Go Cougs.

I read in our local paper today the UW Huskies will be wearing black at home today. They will also unveil a new logo with "menacing" eyes at the basketball game today. The logo will not replace the block W or the Husky Weasel logo that the university is phasing out. It will only be shown on the scoreboard/videotron. It will not be an official logo. Go Cougs.

Speaking of "Go Cougs," that's precisely what's on WSU's uniforms -- "COUGS." WTF!? :cursing:

WSU's uniforms are awful! grey with white? and then hints of color? gross

I'm okay with Washingtons black uniforms

I'm just not okay with the "blackout" craze. It has gone too far! If it aint in your color scheme dont do it!!!

WVU was wearing black jerseys today. it looked awful

I'm just not okay with the "blackout" craze. It has gone too far! If it aint in your color scheme dont do it!!!

Were WVU's unis navy or black? It was tough to tell, even on HDTV.

Were WVU's unis navy or black? It was tough to tell, even on HDTV.

I'm going under the assumption it was black, as their navy jerseys don't look like that.

6fQjS3M.png

It was hard to tell the difference between the purple and black on TV. To me, all I could see was gold and black, until they zoomed in. I would prefer to have the purple entirely surrounded by a thick gold outline of some sort.

Also, WSU's jerseys were just awful IMO. COUGS?..really? It's fine if people want to call them that, but the name doesn't belong on a jersey. But I actually do like the gray had they used only gray and red without white. The white just ruined the uniform.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Speaking of "Go Cougs," that's precisely what's on WSU's uniforms -- "COUGS." WTF!? :cursing:

Given the connotation "cougars" has taken in the past few years, I can't blame them for not wanting to trot out their teams with that on their shirts ^_^

I was 3 rows from the top of the arena, so the purple numbers obivously were hard to see on the black.

I didn't know about the new logo until just now, but I do remember seeing a fierce-looking husky on the scoreboard. If I remember right, it was a closeup of a straight-on view, really only around the eyes and the nose. A typical angry styled dog with not really much to it. They certainly didn't make a big deal out of it, like announcing it as a new alternante logo or anything. They just flashed it up on the screen every now and then. Seems kind of pointless to me.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Everyone please calm down and look at those sexy gray alternates Wazzu is wearing. And ours are actually in the school's colors.

(please pay no attention to the score or result of the actual basketball game)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

For crying out loud, when will designers learn? If you're going to do a dark number on a dark background, you need to give it a thick bright outline. Otherwise, it's guaranteed to become illegible, no matter how great it may look on your computer screen while you're designing it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At least the "Cougs" uniforms don't say "Wazzu". I love my Washington State Cougars, but have always hated the term "Wazzu" with a passion... especially if it is on official athletic department gear.

The black UW uniforms, meh. Pretty unremarkable.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Why do so many teams insist on wearing black with dark number? I've never understood this. It just makes it harder to read the numbers and looks bad. Texas A&M basketball has/had black jerseys with maroon numbers that were unreadable. The Sacramento Kings have a similar problem, though it's a purple jersey with black numbers.

Archived