NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

While I hate the Canucks, no hockey fan can deny that these alts are a thing of beauty. It's going to make their primaries look really weak.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I hate the Canucks, no hockey fan can deny that these alts are a thing of beauty. It's going to make their primaries look really weak.

I think the Primaries make the primaries look weak, these just are the exclamation point.

Think of it like this. The regular blue alts outsell the regular jerseys by a country mile. If these sell as good as the Canucks think they will, and given that this is probably the last year for the Canucks' VANCOUVER jerseys, I think we can see something like these alternates become the primaries, opening the door for a Johnny Canuck alternate somewhere down the line.

Although I'm with Don Taylor, a blue/green/silver flying V jersey would be :censored:.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So presumably, the Canucks got special dispensation from the NHL to eschew player names (likely) at home? Sure would stink if they had to go back and shoehorn them in.

I hope this jersey design is adapted for permanent use, but I hate the stick-in-rink.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the lack of a nameplate on the back just means that the twins need to wear HELLO MY NAME IS stickers on front so Vigneault can tell which is which.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

a blue/green/silver flying V jersey

canucks.png

Make it happen, NHL.

I did this concept a long time ago.

canucksalternate.gif

This would make a killer alternate. Nobody has a jersey primarily in that shade of green and say what you want about the flying V jerseys, at the least the Canucks had the balls to forego merchandise sales to come up with something completly unique. The new colours suit this design well. Braden's version gets the nod cause theres no front numbers (when is that pointless fad going to die?)

a blue/green/silver flying V jersey

canucks.png

Make it happen, NHL.

I did this concept a long time ago.

canucksalternate.gif

This would make a killer alternate. Nobody has a jersey primarily in that shade of green and say what you want about the flying V jerseys, at the least the Canucks had the balls to forego merchandise sales to come up with something completly unique. The new colours suit this design well. Braden's version gets the nod cause theres no front numbers (when is that pointless fad going to die?)

In the 80s, merchandise sales were an afterthought. Fans were going to buy things with their team's logo on it anyway, they certainly didn't market to what the fans wanted like they do today.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They're nice, but I still think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like the stick in rink logo.

Hardly, there's a lot of people who dislike it, even in Vancouver. I'm not one of them, but the sentiment is certainly out there.

The Predators facebook page is saying that a "major announcement" will be made tonight at their 2010 "Skate of the Union" event.

The comments on the update prove just how few Preds fans have any clue about what is supposed to happen. Only a handful of the fan base seems to know. There's a lot of thinking that Weber will be announced as captain tonight or something along those lines, but I'm going to say there's about a very good chance that this is it.

The event is from 4-8:00 CT.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Bam! Love em

e0myo5.jpg

2em1m3o.png

The big, bold numbers on back and sleeves: +1

The one-year-wonder white V on the sleeves: +1

The bizarro, yet historically accurate (even back to the WHL days) C and A: +1

The stupid, historically inaccurate neck collar and overall EDGE template: -3

I'm not going to even mention the anniversary patch, which shouldn't even be there... The sum is a wash, IMO. Too bad, Canucks. So close, yet not quite.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived