NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Screenshot2010-06-26at84628PM.png

I snagged this off of MapleLeafs.com.

I know people have been asking for this so I finally found a good picture of it.

Do you mean you bought this online or you found the pic on mapleelafs.com?

I want to buy one online but it's telling me they won't ship for 5-7 weeks.

Found the picture posted on MapleLeafs.com LeafSpace thingy.

If you were to walk into RealSports Apparel (the new massive retail outlet for MLSE) you can walk out with a fully customized jersey.

I have to wait until the fall to pick up an Authentic otherwise I'd have it in my collection already.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if you pre-order it blindly and then are revolted by it when it finally debuts in late November, can you get your money back?

I didn't order one, nor did I ask. So, I couldn't tell ya.

Unfortunately, I'd think not.

At the Ducks season ticket holder Select-A-Seat event, they were taking pre-orders for the jerseys. No leaks or reveals however.

They announced it would be revealed at the November 26th game against the Blackhawks

Well, then, I think I'll grab some tickets for that game. I've always wanted to do the Friday after Thanksgiving Day game, now I have more of a reason to.

Go for it. I've always loved the Friday-after-Thanksgiving, 1 p.m. matinee that the Ducks have always had for the last little while. It's also been cool to have the Blackhawks be that game for the past two seasons, and now this will be the third year of the Blackhawks Thanksgiving matinee. I'm kinda bummed that I'm going to be out at Arizona State for that game, but I'll be able to catch it on my computer and then try to enjoy the ASU/UCLA game that night :D . (Unfortunately after years of going to the Ducks games on our family season tickets, I'm finally going away for my education at ASU and will have to catch the Coyotes games instead. Ah well)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

November 26th? Is that Hawks@Ducks game a day-after-T'giving matinee again? The last two were shutouts for the Ducks. It's an unlucky game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

For some reason there almost seems to be too much white on those sweaters, but I love any look that's more traditional. Good job, Isles!

That's probably because of the lack of an outer blue trim around the crest as originally designed. Whether the Islanders intended it that way, I have no idea. I don't know if they're indeed using their home jersey crests on their away jerseys or if crests featuring an outer blue trim simply didn't arrive in time for the big unveiling. We'll find out in October. :)

For some reason there almost seems to be too much white on those sweaters, but I love any look that's more traditional. Good job, Isles!

That's probably because of the lack of an outer blue trim around the crest as originally designed. Whether the Islanders intended it that way, I have no idea. I don't know if they're indeed using their home jersey crests on their away jerseys or if crests featuring an outer blue trim simply didn't arrive in time for the big unveiling. We'll find out in October. :)

Andrew, Terry Goldstein, the Director of Retail Operations for the Islanders (who is basically the head honcho when it comes to uniform design for the Isles) just emailed me. He said the new road jersey is indeed modeled after the 76-77 Islanders jersey. Strange they would set their sights on a jersey only worn for one year as their inspiration, as opposed to going to the dynasty design with the blue border around the crest. Weird.

Anyway, I hope this clears up your question. If you have any other questions regarding the uniforms or details, I guess you can email him at Terry.Goldstein@newyorkislanders.com....i'm sure he'll answer any questions (pertaining to helmet decals, socks, or anything else)

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Nino Niederreiter in the White Isles jersey

102420174_slide.jpg

The Islanders can't do anything right. They're trying to milk some ticket and jerseys sales out of dynasty nostalgia, but they don't even go with the dynasty uniforms. What's the word on the stripes remaining on the right shoulder?

Also, that nameplate could use some glue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nino Niederreiter in the White Isles jersey

102420174_slide.jpg

The Islanders can't do anything right. They're trying to milk some ticket and jerseys sales out of dynasty nostalgia, but they don't even go with the dynasty uniforms. What's the word on the stripes remaining on the right shoulder?

Also, that nameplate could use some glue.

Just like the 72-95 jerseys, there are no shoulder patches. Overall, it's a nice jersey. Yes the crest outline is a pet peeve of mine, I can get over it.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Why should they have a shoulder patch?

Because they need some stripes to show how many titles they've won...

Why? That was an addition added to the identity in 1998. These uniforms are based on uniforms from 1976. So I don't see the need for the stripe shoulder patch.

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic. The stripe patch is dumb. An NY or lighthouse patch would be pretty neat though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic. The stripe patch is dumb. An NY or lighthouse patch would be pretty neat though.

The Lighthouse patch needs to be brought back with the current colors. The only decent thing to come from the Fisherman Disaster...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived